** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

Re: WSOP Main Event Tuan Lam: Second in Chips Board: 6h.gif4c.gif2d.gif9s.gif9h.gif Tuan Lam is all in preflop with ac.gifas.gif. His opponent has ah.gifkh.gif. Lam busts the player and is up to 515,000 -- good for second in chips. Dutchak Cracks Kings Board: 6d.gif7c.gifjc.gif9d.gifqs.gif John Dutchak is all in with Q-Q preflop and his opponent calls with K-K. Dutchak spikes a queen on the river and is at 200,000. His opponent, who refuses to shake Dutchak's hand afterward, is crippled at 5,000. Day 2a is Over The announcement has come across that play has ended for Day 2a. The remaining 350 players will return on Thursday for Day 3. Tomorrow is Day 2b, where a larger field than today (thanks to the big Day 1c and Day 1d crowds) will come in and play until around 12:04 a.m. PDT. Play will stop at the designated time, and those finishers will join these 350 for Day 3. From then on, the field will be combined.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event Vinnie Vinh Eliminated On the second hand of play at his table, the action was folded to Vinny Vinh and he moved all in for 3,000 from two off the button. The big blind said, "I call blind." Vinh turned over 5h.gif9d.gif saying "it's my favorite hand," while the big blind tabled kh.gif8s.gif. The flop was qd.gif5d.gif8h.gif. The turn was the 9s.gif making Vinh two pair, but the river was the ks.gif, making a higher two pair for the big blind and eliminating Vinh. After wishing his opponents luck, Vinh made a hasty exit from the Amazon Room.

Re: WSOP Main Event Daniel Negreanu, Off and Running Negreanu is sitting at the ESPN Feature Table to start off the day and he just won the first hand of the day. He called a 3,200 raise before a as.gifqc.gif3s.gif flop, and when his opponent led out for 4,000 Negreanu raised 8,000 more. The other player folded and Negreanu showed A-K. He's now up to 57,500.

Re: WSOP Main Event J.C. Tran Adding Chips To His Stack Early Russell Rosenblum raises under the gun to 2,600, J.C. Tran calls right behind him, the big blind reraises to 6,000, Rosenblum calls, and Tran calls. The flop comes 6d.gif5d.gif3d.gif, the big blind checks, Rosenblum bets 16,000, Tran moves all in, and the other players fold. Tran shows qd.gif10d.gif for the queen-high flush as he takes the pot, increasing his stack to 142,000.

Re: WSOP Main Event Phil Gordon Eliminated Phil Gordon is all in preflop from a blind position for 12,000 with 6h.gif5d.gif against his opponent's kd.gifjd.gif. The board comes kh.gif7c.gif7d.gif10h.gifjc.gif, and his opponent wins the pot with two pair, kings and jacks. Phil Gordon is eliminated from the Main Event. Jack "Jeffrey" Ury Eliminated Jack "Jeffrey" Ury, who made it to Day 2 at 94 years young, has been eliminated from the Main Event in today's early action Steve Dannenmann Has Been Eliminated Sitting at the Bluff Feature Table, Dannenmann moved all-in with pocket Kings and was called by a player holding A-10. Steve managed to avoid an Ace, but a Ten on the flop and another on the River were enough to crack his Cowboys and send him out of the Main Event. David Plastik Eliminated David Plastik busted out when his 10h.gif5s.gif lost to Cliff Pappas' 8-8 John Phan Has Been Eliminated Phan moved in for his last 10,000 with K-Q, and another player moved all-in himself and tabled A-K. Undercards filled out the board and Phan was eliminated. The Prince Eliminated Jean "The Prince" Gaspard moved all in preflop and his opponent called. Gaspard: ah.gifas.gif Opponent: qc.gifjh.gif The flop was kc.gif9c.gif2c.gif and Gaspard's opponent flopped a gutshot and a flush draw. The turn was the 2d.gif and the river was the 10h.gif. Gaspard was eliminated when his opponent rivered a straight against him. Gaspard's Aces were cracked and he headed to the rail. Russell Rosenblum Eliminated Russell Rosenblum moves all in from early position for 4,800, and both blinds call. The flop comes jh.gif5h.gif4h.gif, the small blind checks, the big blind bets 9,000, and the small blind folds. Rosenblum shows ac.gif5c.gif for a pair of fives, but his opponent shows 8h.gif7h.gif for the heart flush. The last two cards are kd.gif2h.gif, and Russell Rosenblum is eliminated from the Main Event. Daniel Negreanu Eliminates Susie Isaacs and Wins a Huge Pot A player in middle position raised to 3,100 and Susie Isaacs and Daniel Negreanu both called. The flop came 2s.gif5h.gifda.gif and the original raiser bet 7,000. Isaacs moved in for 19,700 and Negreanu called. The raiser then moved all-in and had Negreanu covered. "I think I've got you guys crushed...but I'm not sure," Negreanu said before making the call. He turned over pocket Deuces for bottom set while Isaacs held ac.gifjs.gif and the other player ah.gifkh.gif. The 6s.gif on the turn meant that Isaacs and the other player were drawing dead, and Negreanu now has 145,000. Bill Gazes Eliminated Bill Gazes raises from late position to 3,000, the cutoff reraises to 8,000, the small blind reraises to 15,000, Gazes moves all in, the cutoff moves all in over the top, and the small blind calls, covering them both. They show: Bill Gazes: K-K Cutoff: A-A Small Blind: A-J The pocket aces hold up, and Bill Gazes is eilminated from the Main Event. Rick Salomon Eliminated Rick Salomon, who rose to fame as the significant other in the scandalous Paris Hilton sex video, has been eliminated from the Main Event. Shame on us for not noticing him earlier, but in our defense, the quality of that video was pretty poor. And we weren't really paying attention to Salomon.

Re: WSOP Main Event 9-Hand Penalty For Truth Telling "Do you have the king?" Tommy Giampaolo was asked. "Yeah, I have the king," Tommy G replied. A king had landed on the turn and Tommy's opponent mucked after asking. Much to the surprise of Tommy G, the floor was called over for a ruling. Tommy G was informed that he's not allowed to actually disclose to anyone at the table what his actual hand is. For doing so, he was given a 9-hand penalty. "Had you told a lie about the hand, that would have been okay," the floor staff informed him. Tommy G got up from the table and pulled out his cell phone to make a call, then quickly stopped. "I'm going to go use my phone, is that okay? Or are you going to give me a penalty for that too?" Tommy G remarked on his way out of the tournament area.

Re: WSOP Main Event Allen Cunningham Eliminated Allen Cunningham and another player limp to see a flop of K-6-3 rainbow. Cunningham check-raises, and his opponent calls the raise. The turn card is a 5, Cunningham bets 20,000, and his opponent calls. The river card is a J, Cunningham moves all in for 19,100, and his opponent calls. Cunningham shows 6-3 for a flopped two pair, sixes and threes. But his opponent shows K-J, and he rivered a higher two pair, kings and jacks, to win the pot. Allen Cunningham -- the 2005 WSOP Player of the Year, the fourth-place finisher of this event last year, and the guy who won his third bracelet in three years at this year's WSOP -- has been eliminated.

Re: WSOP Main Event Come On, This Is Exciting Stuff!! The cameras at the ESPN Feature Table just zoomed in on a bearded gentleman who is sound asleep in the stands. He was just sitting there, eyes closed and counting sheep, when the camera zeroed in on him and broadcast his slumbering to the entire crowd. And he got the biggest round of applause of the day.

Re: WSOP Main Event Am I alone in hoping Negreanu really has a run this year? I have been watching him on HSP Season 3 and apart from being a fantastic player, he is great television without having to resort to Matasow-esque behaviour. Poker would stand a lot better chance in the real world if a player like Daniel Negreanu was World Champion.

Re: WSOP Main Event Humberto Brenes Avoids Domination, But Would Have Chopped There was a big ruckus on one side of the room shortly before the break as ESPN's cameras surrounded a table, along with a handful of other media. Here's what happened -- A player in late position raises to 3,500, the cutoff calls, Humberto Brenes reraises from the big blind to 15,000, the original raiser moves all in, the cutoff moves all in, and Brenes goes into the tank. This is when ESPN caught wind of the situation and swarmed the table, and Brenes was suddenly "on." Out came the shark, and the usual Humberto antics, all for the cameras. Humberto says he would call the first raiser, but not the player in the cutoff, and he folds da.gifkd.gif. The player in late position shows 10c.gif10d.gif, and the cutoff shows ac.gifas.gif. Humberto is obviously happy with his fold, and thanks the cutoff for "saving me." But the board brings ah.gif10h.gif5h.gif8h.gif7h.gif, and neither player has a heart. (Humberto was heart-less as well.) The two players chop the pot, splitting the 15,000 that Brenes added to it.

Re: WSOP Main Event 46954b670dab3.jpg Chris Ferguson Cracks Kings to Double Up in Chips Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson raises preflop, the player in the cutoff reraises, Ferguson moves all in for 40,500, and the cutoff goes into the tank for a while before calling with kd.gifks.gif. Ferguson shows as.gifkh.gif, and the cutoff briefly breathes a sigh of relief, happy to not see two aces. His relief was short lived, as he sees a second ace flop on a board of da.gif7c.gif4s.gif2s.gif6s.gif, and Ferguson wins the pot with a pair of aces, doubling up in chips.

Re: WSOP Main Event Gus Hansen Busts a Player On a flop of jh.gif9h.gif4d.gif, a player check-raised all in against Gus Hansen for 36,500. Hansen quickly called. Hansen: kd.gifks.gif Opponent: as.gifqh.gif The turn was the 10c.gif. The river was the jc.gif. Hansen's Kings held up and his opponent headed to the rail.

Re: WSOP Main Event Chris Ferguson Knocks Out a Woman After a flop of ac.gif7c.gif4h.gif, the woman in middle position bets 15,000, Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson calls behind her, and the small blind folds. The turn card pairs the board with the 7s.gif, his opponent checks, Ferguson bets 20,000, and his opponent thinks for about two minutes before she moves all in for 45,000. Ferguson quickly calls, showing da.gifkd.gif for top pair top kicker, and she shows kc.gifjc.gif for a club flush draw. The river card is the qd.gif, and Ferguson's hand holds up to win the pot, eliminating his opponent. Ferguson is up to about 176,000 in chips.

Re: WSOP Main Event Gus Hansen Likes Sick Puppies Gus Hansen raised from the button. The small blind called and the big blind moved all in for 46,000. Hansen went into the tank for a few minutes. ESPN cameras swarmed around his table as the Great Dane counted out 46,000 in chips. He took a few deep breaths before he tossed his chips into the pot. The small blind folded. "I have a small pair," said Hansen. Hansen: 2d.gif2c.gif Opponent: da.gifjs.gif "You're one sick puppy," said Hansen's opponent. The flop was kd.gif9c.gif8h.gif and Hansen still led. The turn was the 6h.gif. The river was the 2d.gif. Hansens pair of deuces held up as his opponent headed to the rail.

Re: WSOP Main Event

Am I alone in hoping Negreanu really has a run this year? I have been watching him on HSP Season 3 and apart from being a fantastic player' date=' he is great television without having to resort to Matasow-esque behaviour. Poker would stand a lot better chance in the real world if a player like Daniel Negreanu was World Champion.[/quote'] I actually have a vague (and probably irrational) distrust of Negreanu. I just feel sometimes that he's manipulating his image (the New Labour of poker?). The first time I saw Matusow on TV I thought he was an obnoxious git, but I've come to be quite fond of him in a strange kind of way ... at least he doesn't take himself too seriously, and what you see is what you get. I'm rooting for Chris Ferguson ... maths geeks rule! :ok

Re: WSOP Main Event Padraig Parkinson Eliminated Padraig Parkinson moves all in from the cutoff for 10,000, the player on the button calls, the big blind moves all in over the top, and the button folds. Parkinson says, "I think I've got you on this one," and he shows 9-7 offsuit. The big blind shows jh.gifjs.gif, and Parkinson has him, in the sense that he has two unsuited undercards. The board comes kh.gifks.gif7h.gif2h.gifkc.gif, and Parkinson's flops a seven for some outs, but never improves beyond that. Padraig Parkinson is eliminated from the Main Event.

Re: WSOP Main Event Nice Laydown Isaac Haxton raised to 3,300 under the gun and got one caller. The flop 2d.gif3h.gif7h.gif and Haxton led out for 7,000. His opponent raised to 21K, and Haxton moved all-in for 56,000 total. He and his opponent were almost even in chips and the other player took a long, long, long time deciding what to do. Finally he mucked, and Haxton turned over pocket Kings. His opponent said he threw away pocket Queens.

Re: WSOP Main Event Chris Moneymaker Bounces Back After His Aces Are Cracked After a flop of 8-8-7, a player bets, Chris Moneymaker pushes, and his opponent calls all in for about 50,000. Moneymaker shows A-A, but his opponent shows 8-7 for the flopped full house, eights full of sevens. The last two cards are blanks, and Moneymaker's opponent doubles up. Just a few moments later, they're in another hand together. After a flop of kd.gif7s.gif3h.gif, Moneymaker bets 17,500, and his nemesis calls. The turn card pairs the board with the kh.gif, Moneymaker bets 11,000, and his opponent calls. The river card is the 10h.gif, Moneymaker bets 12,700, and his opponent calls. Moneymaker shows kc.gifjd.gif for trip kings with a jack kicker, and his opponent shows ks.gif9c.gif for trip kings with a nine kicker. Moneymaker drags the pot, regaining the chips he lost and building his stack back up to 105,000.

Re: WSOP Main Event Brad Daugherty Eliminated 1991 WSOP Main Event Champion Brad Daugherty has just been eliminated from the Main Event. Gus Hansen is moved to his seat, and hopes to have better luck than Mr. Daugherty did. Anahit Galajian Eliminated Anahit Galajian busted out when her 10d.gif10h.gif lost a race to ac.gifkc.gif. Her opponent turned a pair of aces and she headed to the rail. Rick Tocchet Pulls a Vinnie Vinh Yes, it's unfortunate that Vinh's condition has become a catchphrase, but I think it's one that is here to stay. While Vinnie Vinh himself showed up today (but busted early with a short stack), Rick Tocchet never returned for his Day Two. He survived Day 1c with 17,100 in chips, and his stack made it to the second level without him before succumbing to the blinds. Why didn't Tocchet ever return to play? There's a theory that he was getting too much pressure for his legal troubles with gambling and conspiracy charges. While it's completely legal for him (or anyone over the age of 21) to play in the World Series of Poker, it may have been bad for him in other ways. Regardless of the reason, Tocchet never returned on Day 2b, and his chips are now gone.

Re: WSOP Main Event

Daniel Negreanu Busts Another Player Negreanu seems to do well when he flops sets. After a Queen-high flop Negreanu's opponent moved all-in with Q-J, only to have Daniel call with his set of Nines. He's now up to 160K.
Somebody beat you to that one again, Morls (#171). Oh! It was you! :lol

Re: WSOP Main Event Humberto Brenes Makes Two Pair, But Happier With One A player moves all in preflop with kc.gifjs.gif, and Humberto Brenes calls with ah.gifqc.gif. The board comes da.gifkh.gif10h.gif6d.gifqc.gif -- both players flop a pair, and Brenes rivers two pair. Unfortunately for Brenes, his opponent rivers an ace-high straight to win the pot. Humberto Brenes drops down to about 46,000 in chips.

Re: WSOP Main Event Chip Jett Flying High Chip Jett's stack just crossed the 300K mark. An experienced and aggressive tournament player, Jett finished 3rd in the $1,000 S.H.O.E. event last week but a WSOP bracelet has eluded him in his long career. Might this be his time?

Re: WSOP Main Event Jason Alexander Experiences Shrinkage With the board showing qc.gif5d.gif5h.gifjs.gif on the turn, Jason Alexander checks form the big blind, his opponent in late position bets 16,000 from late position, and Alexander calls. The river card is the 2s.gif, Alexander checks, his opponent asks how much Alexander has left (about 32,000-34,000), and moves all in. Alexander thinks a bit before he folds, and his opponent tells him it was a good fold (but doesn't show cards to prove it). Alexander's chip stack shrinks down to 32,800 as he screams, "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"