** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event

wow. How unlucky is that.
Cruel River.
Eh, you guys watching the same game? He was a favourite (in a coin flip) when the money went in - the better hand won in - would have been worse if he was outdrawn surely?

Re: WSOP Main Event wow... I guess we will stop hearing donks online complaining about such beats refering to rigged pokerrooms.... perhaps not.... congrats 2 the victor :clap :clap :clap :clap ... and in relation to GAF's comment in saying my particular comment I was reffering to the fact that Lams lead postflop was great... before yes the 88 is ahead... but its so cruel that he hits the cards he needs only 2 be outdrawn runner runner... for $4 million :puke ... you are completely correct tho... :ok

Eh' date=' you guys watching the same game? He was a favourite (in a coin flip) when the money went in - the better hand won in - would have been worse if he was outdrawn surely?[/quote'] Yes I agree with that GAF. Just a remark from me. I think we all say it. but yes you are right the better hand was the winner.

Re: WSOP Main Event I agree he was the favourite when the money went in. The short stack took a stand however with a good hand and hit on the flop. He then lost to a runner runner straight. After the flop he must have thought he had a great chance to win the whole thing but then it was taken away. Still unlucky if you ask me.

Re: WSOP Main Event I also wanted to add my thanks to Graeme (morlspin) for his outstanding work this last week in distilling, cutting, pasting etc to give us the key points of the Main Event - he must be knackered :zzz

I also wanted to add my thanks to Graeme (morlspin) for his outstanding work this last week in distilling' date=' cutting, pasting etc to give us the key points of the Main Event - he must be knackered :zzz[/quote'] ditto :clap

Players were paid or sponsored by the online poker sites to promote with hats t-shirts etc. Last 36players were offered 50k plus with increasing amounts the longer they lasted. Final table players were being offered minimum of 150k for wearing promoting gear.
Bloody Marvellous - I'm still waiting for mine and I've been home a month!!:sad .... BTW Suggestion to Full Tilt - Get another colour shirt for next year they just blended into the black background.

• 4 years later...

Lee Watkinson Doubles Up On a board of kc.gif6s.gif3c.gif9c.gif on the turn, Lee Watkinson moved all in for 123,000 and Jeff Dumas called. Watkinson turned over 3h.gif3d.gif for a set while Dumas held ac.gifkh.gif for top pair and the nut flush draw. The river was the kd.gif, making Watkinson a full house and he took down the monster pot. After the hand, Watkinson's stack was up to 335,000
Actually, Jeff Dumas had the flush on the turn with Q,J clubs, and the river saved Watkinson from elimination. Had Jeff Dumas won the hand, he would have been the early Day 3 chip leader.

• 4 weeks later...