1. 1.

• Yes, I have won my seat
    • No, I have given up and wont be trying any more

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Virgin Poker Festival

what makes it a super sat' date=' surly there should be at least 1 seat gauranteed!!! [/quote'] Makes sense, and I've already emailed the suggestion to Joe :ok I think it is pretty standard within the industry though to award solely cash prizes if there aren't enough entrants to generate a seat....

Makes sense, and I've already emailed the suggestion to Joe :ok I think it is pretty standard within the industry though to award solely cash prizes if there aren't enough entrants to generate a seat....
I would have thought one seat (at least) would have been guarenteed. A 1 in 23 is just not on for a sat. If the numbers are too low the game should be cancelled if I wanted to play a $10 SNG I would have entered one. The sat buy in need to be higher I dont think people are being put off by the buy in amount its the 1 in 23 chance that sucks, many people prefer 1 in 10 or less. I know there is the weekly final at £23 which is a 1 in 10 but more 'Super Sats' are required. :ok PS nice win mo :clap glad you took it down as the other players were fishes. No offence but you shouldn't get a seat for that because if myself and the others knew we were playing for a seat we would have played a different game, I switched off and went back to my cash games once I realised it was a farce.

Traiter!!! Off with his head :tongue2
We need to get our forum seat on sooner rather than later mate, were all spending a fortune trying to qualify and if theres an easier n cheaper way elsewhere people are gonna take it. However, im a member of tons of forums but this will always be my home :ok

We need to get our forum seat on sooner rather than later mate' date=' [/quote'] Gazza's sorting this out for us mate :ok and he's in Florida at the moment, so it won't be till he's back (3 weeks :loon) But in a way, it's good to have it later - if everyone is trying to qualify through other means, then we get extra, exclusive, seats, then we really do maximise the number of PL'rs there .... It's looking like PL will seriously be dominating this tourney in terms of numbers (I know you'll be wearing someone else's shirt, but as you say, you're still one of us, and I still count you in our numbers :ok) 8 PL'rs so far?

Re: Virgin Poker Festival He didn't qualify directly - because he won the super sat, Virgin gave him the right to buy a seat for $210, which I presume he's taking up. Sounds like a very reasonable and fair solution to me..... There are likely to be some changes to the format of future Wednesday night games, which I'm pretty sure will make it more appealing to all :ok

Re: Virgin Poker Festival Why is that reasonable and fair?? There wasn't enough runners in their "super sat" then the prize window stated there was no seat. So I and 14 other runners didn't play for a seat, If we knew there was a seat on offer we would have played the game. If like mo entered under the slight misunderstanding that there were 4 seats as per the previous weeks tourney. The lack of information in the tourney windows and on the websites leaves you to make your own deductions and your are open to abuse by these sites, if they so wish. Changing the rules after the event is what goalpoker used to do a lot of.

He didn't qualify directly - because he won the super sat, Virgin gave him the right to buy a seat for $210, which I presume he's taking up. Sounds like a very reasonable and fair solution to me..... There are likely to be some changes to the format of future Wednesday night games, which I'm pretty sure will make it more appealing to all :ok

Re: Virgin Poker Festival There was no seat on offer - he has to pay for it himself!!! He won a super sat, that through no fault of his own, didn't have enough runners - Virgin have come forward and tried to make amends that he wasn't able to get a seat by giving him the opportunity to purchase one (He won $75 last night, so the money he won wasn't enough to pay for the seat) - I think they've done the right thing and I applaud what they have tried to do.... Surely Virgin can distribute any spare tickets they have for THEIR tournament as they see fit? And I view giving this ticket to moFace as one resonable way to distribute ONE of their tickets....

Re: Virgin Poker Festival That is my point exactly!!! There was no seat on offer so we did not play for a seat. Then after the event they offer a seat :eyes I threw my chips away (to Moface incidently) because I had no interest in that game, do you think I would have done that if I knew there was an option to buy a seat at the end of it??

There was no seat on offer - he has to pay for it himself!!! He won a super sat, that through no fault of his own, didn't have enough runners - Virgin have come forward and tried to make amends that he wasn't able to get a seat by giving him the opportunity to purchase one (He won $75 last night, so the money he won wasn't enough to pay for the seat) - I think they've done the right thing and I applaud what they have tried to do.... Surely Virgin can distribute any spare tickets they have for THEIR tournament as they see fit? And I view giving this ticket to moFace as one resonable way to distribute ONE of their tickets....

and he calls me bitter!
whats bitter about it Graeme?? please explain Just because Joe Legge enjoys god like status on this forum all his decisions seem vindicated. If another site had done 'after eventing' like this they would have been lambasted on this forum. A very blinkered view IMO