** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007

btw as regards to this scattergun thing - everyone has a successful way so just stick with it despite what some might think. Your past record speaks for itself and is exceptional, keep up the good work :ok
If only, if only :lol .

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only' date=' if only :lol .[/quote'] aye you cant pick your nose at the moment can u mate :eyes at the end of the day a more selective system with say 1 bet a day can work pretty well, and I know guys who have been very successful doing it this way in a range of sports. But if things arent working then its possibly time to assess and ask whats going wrong. It might be a short term blip of course but then do you have the confidence to back yourself in the long term. I'd say in cricket a more variety of bets could be a more sensible way to go, giving you many options. Everyone has their own way, the ultimate goal is success

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Ok, Tuesday wasn't a good day but hopefully Wednesday will be better. Remember Notts vs Kent is Wednesday too.

Wednesday 18 July 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Warwickshire v Lancashire (17:00 BST)2.101.90101%
Sussex v Yorkshire (19:00 BST)1.672.50100%
Ok 2 bets in each match. 10pts Warwickshire to beat Lancashire 11/10 Bet365 Warwickshire, winners of the Mid/West/Wales group take on Lancashire, the runners up in the North group here at Edgbaston. With finals day at Edgbaston this year, the Bears will be desperate to win and attend their own party. Warwickshire welcome Jon Trott bck into their side after he missed the last few Twenty20 matches having been with England. Darren Maddy leads the side and is key for them with the bat and the Bears will also hope that Tim Ambrose's good form with the bat continues. With the ball, Paul Harris, Heath Streak and Neil Carter have been bowling excellently and against this Lancashire side that simply must continue. Lancashire welcome Muttiah Muralitharan back into their side for this match. He replaces Sanath Jayasuriya so Lancashire come in here with a different set up entirely. Their batting was their strong suit but that not looks much dodgier and while Murali strengthens the bowling he can only bowl 4 overs which are 4 overs that Jayasuriya bowled well anyway. Jimmy Anderson is with England so he's unlikely to play. Warwickshire seem to have the right plans in this and have the home advantage. This is a good Lancashire side and it may come down to the side who holds their nerve and wants it more. Warwickshire will wnt to be at finals day on their own patch and that could give them the edge. I'll take the Bears at odds against in a fairly even match. 5pts ew T.Ambrose Top Warwickshire Batsman 5/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Tim Ambrose is having an excellent season with the bat. He tops the batting charts in all competitions for Warwickshire. He's ideally suited to Twenty20 being a big hitter but he can also play the clever innings too which is what appeals so much when taking him to top score. Naturally Darren Maddy will be the favourite but Ambrose plays spin and seam equally well and looks a good ew bet here. And now the TV game. 10pts Yorkshire to beat Sussex 11/8 Totesport Sussex came through via winning the South group in impressive fashion while Yorkshire came through the back door to sneak one of the best 3rd place spots. Neither side have ever been to finals day before so the winners here will break their ducks. Yorkshire have improved almost by the game in this competition and indeed in 1 day cricket in general this season. In David Wainwright they've unearthed a real good 1 day spin bowler and with a seam attack consisting of Gough, Gillespie and Bresnan, Yorkshire have a bowling attack to restrict sides. With the bat they welcome Younus Khan back for this game and have Anthony McGrath and Jacques Rudolph in good form. Craig White and Gerard Brophy will look to get them off to a good start too. Sussex looked very impressive in the group stages. Luke Wright has been the player of Twenty20 so far and in Chris Adams, Chris Nash and Murray Goodwin they have players capable of playing long, productive innings. With the ball though they are excellent. Kirtley and Rana Naved keep things tight to start with and the Mushtaq's - Ahmed and Saqlain kill sides in the middle. This will be a tough game for Yorkshire but we must remember it's a day night game so if they can bat 1st and stick some runs on the board, I wouldn't want to face Yorkshire's seam attack under lights. Yorkshire have improved by the game and I'll take them to win and progress to Edgbaston. 5pts A.McGrath Top Yorkshire Batsman 9/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Anthony McGrath comes into this match in great form having scored a superb unbeaten 188 in the Championship last week. He's also already top scored for Yorkshire twice in this competition and taken a place on 2 further occasions. He's without the form man for the Phoenix. He'll bat at number 3 or 4 in the order depending on any pinch hitting role for Tim Bresnan and that's perfect for him to build an innings and look to bat through. He's another who is a great price and a very nice ew option.

cheers kev. How do u feel about the Notts Kent match might go if you had to choose a winner?
Notts just mate but if you're not on them outright like me I wouldn't recommend a bet because that ground looked proper wet and it wouldn't surprise me if that ends up as a bowlout. Much more confident about the other 2 matches tomorrow.

aye you cant pick your nose at the moment can u mate :eyes at the end of the day a more selective system with say 1 bet a day can work pretty well, and I know guys who have been very successful doing it this way in a range of sports. But if things arent working then its possibly time to assess and ask whats going wrong. It might be a short term blip of course but then do you have the confidence to back yourself in the long term. I'd say in cricket a more variety of bets could be a more sensible way to go, giving you many options. Everyone has their own way, the ultimate goal is success
yeah I'm having a bad trot, did badly on the Copa America and Tri Nations. But then the advantage of my way is I haven't really lost too much despite plenty of losing picks. My cricket season is still in profit thanks to a couple of good series bets on Eng-WI and WI at long odds to win in the 1st T20 and 2nd ODI.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 On another point, does anyone else think it's totally unacceptable that Sussex have 5 internationals in their side and only 1 is English? They've turned themselves into a very good side on the back of Rana and Mushtaq winning games by themselves and I wouldn't be suprised to see them same thing happen tonight.

On another point, does anyone else think it's totally unacceptable that Sussex have 5 internationals in their side and only 1 is English? They've turned themselves into a very good side on the back of Rana and Mushtaq winning games by themselves and I wouldn't be suprised to see them same thing happen tonight.
Without meaning to be picky, if you look through that Sussex squad you see 8 players with international experience and 4 of them are English, including 2 current England internationals and another guy yet to be capped who is in the 30 man Twenty20 squad for England. I've no problem with Murray Goodwin (there's no point mentioning Rana and Mushtaq as every county has 2 overseas internationals - fair enough, that's the rules). Who were Matt Prior and Michael Yardy before Murray Goodwin showed up? Theoretically, Saqlain Mushtaq can play for England this winter so there can't really be a problem there either. It isn't just the 2 Pakistani players who win them matches, they have some good young English players. Luke Wright is English and he's been the player of Twenty20 so far, Chris Nash is an up and coming batsman and then there's Kirtley with the ball.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Point taken, I was looking at their last scorecard where Prior and Yardy were with England. I think Kirtley deserves a chance with the England T20 squad, a very good death bowler. What bothers me is that Sussex have a very highly rated young spinner called Ollie Rayner down there. Now I appreciate he can learn of Saqlain and Mushtaq but surely they should be giving him a chance to play alongside Mushtaq instead of bringing in Saqlain who is probably past his best days?

Point taken, I was looking at their last scorecard where Prior and Yardy were with England. I think Kirtley deserves a chance with the England T20 squad, a very good death bowler. What bothers me is that Sussex have a very highly rated young spinner called Ollie Rayner down there. Now I appreciate he can learn of Saqlain and Mushtaq but surely they should be giving him a chance to play alongside Mushtaq instead of bringing in Saqlain who is probably past his best days?
Kirtley won't bowl for England because it'll open up the can of worms about his action. I've seen a bit of this Rayner chap, I don't rate him. He's youngish though so he could improve I guess but he's got nothing about him for me. Anyway to go back to your point, maybe he's there for next season when they can't have either Rana or Mushtaq so if it's Mushtaq, who's getting no younger is the one they don't have they still have a once world class spinner and Rayner.

They've turned themselves into a very good side on the back of Rana and Mushtaq winning games by themselves and I wouldn't be suprised to see them same thing happen tonight.
Of course it was by no means a two man band tonight but just look at these figures. Rana 4-0-26-3 Mushtaq 4-0-22-1 and 20 off 7 top class and great entertainment.

Of course it was by no means a two man band tonight but just look at these figures. Rana 4-0-26-3 Mushtaq 4-0-22-1 and 20 off 7 top class and great entertainment.
i agree, i feel that they won it for sussex however Brophy also lost it for Yorkshire he was shocking with the bat and gloves! i would like to know what fitness test he had! rudiculous! bad day 2day :(

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Deja vu there :eek . Another shocker just like in the FP trophy last games before the semis. -50 for the day and -1.45 for the event now :sad . So it's Kent who will be my representatives at Edgbaston. In a way I'll take that as that's the ew payout guaranteed. Like the way nobody are talking about them too despite them having so many dangerous players. Finals day is August 4. Will be back with semi final and final thoughts nearer the time.

i agree' date=' i feel that they won it for sussex however Brophy also lost it for Yorkshire he was shocking with the bat and gloves! i would like to know what fitness test he had! rudiculous! bad day 2day :([/quote'] Totally agree with that. Also not quite sure what Khan and Rudolph were doing down the order. I could possibly understand one of them down the order but not both. Then again it worked for Yorkshire in getting to the quarters but certainly not today. Not sure about the lack of seam bowlers until the last over either. However overall the better team on the day won. The draw is: Gloucester v Lancs Kent v Sussex. Lancashire will probably be favourites from now on to win it especially with Murali but so often in the past they have blown it on the big occasion and I would not be totally confident about them. I was impressed with with Sussex today and possibly with Prior added to the line up the batting would be even stronger on finals night and they bowled well tonight. The overseas players bowled well but I felt Kirtley held it together well at the end.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 if it's any consolation I'm gutted for you Kev. There's nothing worse than weeks of hard accumulated cash going up in smoke in 1 day.:sad I tried 'the scattergun' today with Sussex to win and Bresnan top bat @ 12/1 as I mistakenly thought he'd come in to pinch hit. Slight profit gained. Still, Kent was a great pick, and although I'd back Sussex to beat them you've got an ew payout and the chance to hedge (although I know you said you don't like doing that!) Woody - agreed with Khan and Rudolph, also don't know why they bowled at the death.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 As for Kent, it reminds a bit of last year when I was on Leicestershire and nobody gave them a chance because they drew Essex in the semi finals. I'm happy with that draw to be honest. If the ECB work out a way of Kent playing that 1st semi final then their bowling attack 1st thing in the morning will be a pain in the arse to try and score off. Equally if they play in the 2nd one then the wicket will be a bit worn and although Sussex's spinners come into the game, so too do Kent's medium pacers. Kent are playing really good one day cricket right now and I'm still more than happy to be on their side.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Semi final lineup has been announced and as expected the 1st semi is the Lancashire vs Gloucestershire semi. Sussex vs Kent is the 2nd semi. Anyone who followed me in on Kent will be interested to know in 4 of the 5 years the side winning the 2nd semi final has gone on to win Twenty20.