** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007

Leicestershire was rained off but Yorkshire prevailed in a 9 over shootout with ease giving me an 11pt return on the day and making me +31.25 for the tournament.
Well done Kev:clap :clap :clap

Sunday 1 July 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Hampshire v Essex (14:00 BST)2.341.69102%
Lancashire v Derbyshire (14:00 BST)1.532.80101%
Worcestershire v Gloucestershire (14:30 BST)1.952.00102%
1 for me here. Not convinced we'll get much play but you never know. 10pts Worcestershire to beat Gloucestershire 10/11 Bet365 This is a huge game for both sides. Should Gloucester win they take a 3pt lead in the fight for 2nd place. Should Worcestershire win they will leap above Northants and Gloucestershire, who meet on Monday, into 2nd. Worcestershire beat Northants on Friday in the highest Twenty20 match ever having made 227 with Northants making 222 in reply. It could be even worse for Gloucester here though as Phil Jaques is due to return in this match. Worcester seriously need a good bowling performance though. Graeme Hick made 110 in the Northants game so along with Solanki, Worcester can be assured of runs if they can stop conceding so many. Gloucestershire, a bit like Worcestershire have a good batting lineup but an awful bowling attack. If this attack is got hold of it can go for plenty. However with the bat, Spearman, Marshall, Gidman and Taylor provide ample strength in the batting lineup. This match is going to come down to which side can bowl a tight spell. It's sure to be high scoring but if someone can go 4 overs for 24 then that side will win. Worcester look to have the more likely candidates and with that I'll take them to win.

kev just wondering- you know you say 10 pts for example' date=' is that £10? or does it mean something else? cheers.[/quote'] It's basically a 10/10 bet mate. I stake all bets on a 1-10 scale system. As cricket matches are home vs away with no draw involved then match bets are usually always 10/10 :ok

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 As I'm at the PL meeting tomorrow I won't be around to do Monday's cricket so I'll do my bets now. As I'm doing these now and only 3 bookies have priced up I strongly advise not backing these until Monday as you might get a better price. 2 for me here, both in the TV game for those who like to watch their bet come in ;) . 10pts Northamptonshire to beat Gloucestershire 10/11 Boylesports This is another massive game in the Mid/Wales/West group. The winners of this will more than likely qualify for the quarter finals with the losers missing out. Milton Keynes' Campbell Park is the setting for this huge clash. These 2 have met here before in Twenty20 with Northants running out winners to the tune of 81 runs. As I've said before, Northants have a really settled and good Twenty20 side. They were so so unlucky to lose at Worcestershire on Friday night. To make 222/3 in a twenty over match and lose is scandalous really. One man who definitely didn't deserve to lose was Lance Klusener who hit a superb 111 but it was all in vain in the end. David Sales and Usman Afzaal will look to support Zulu with the bat while Brown, Crook, Klusener and van der Wath are a good 4 some with the ball. Gloucester come straight here after playing at Kidderminster against Worcester and that might take it's toll. They've not got good memories of Milton Keynes having been thrashed here before and their side that day was better than the one coming here today. The batting looks dangerous but at a small ground like this I dread to think what could happen to their bowling. Northants are a good side. They are going well in this competition and are in a false position having played 4 of their 5 matches away. They now start a 3 game run of home games where they know maximum points sends them into the last 8. I expect the 1st set of maximum points to come here. 5pts ew L.Klusener Top Northamptonshire Bat 4/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Zulu has been superb in this tournament. His 111 against Worcestershire was one of the best innings ever in Twenty20 and at a ground as small as what this is he is very much a dangerous force. If he gets in another century is definitely not out of the question. In his 3 innings in the competition so far Klusener has made 33*, 32 and 111. Whenever you make 30 in this competition you are definitely going to be in the top 3 and Zulu is an ew bet to nothing here. He'll open and if he starts teeing off the rest are playing for 2nd place. I'll be back in time to post up Tuesday's bets, especially as the TV game is a 7.10pm start.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Essex lose again, they simply haven't performed with the bat this tournament. Hampshire get their first win, so maybe that can cheer kev up. agree with kev about Northants, although had Hick lost after his 110 in 49 balls that would have been even worse! Kidderminster must be about the size of a postage stamp!! Hope the rain doesn't spoil tonight's live game!

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Back now but didn't get back in time to post up Tuesday's bets :sad . -10 while I was away so back to +21.25 for the tournament. There are matches on Weds (although none on TV) and I'll post my thoughts up tomorrow.

Wednesday 4 July 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Leicestershire v Durham (17:00 BST)1.702.30103%
Gloucestershire v Somerset (17:30 BST)1.722.40100%
Kent v Middlesex (17:30 BST)1.852.08103%
Northamptonshire v Warwickshire (17:30 BST)2.201.85100%
Yorkshire v Nottinghamshire (17:30 BST)2.501.7598%
2 for me tonight. Bit short but should both win. Tempted by Northants but it's raining here right now and I'm only 45 mins from Northampton so not sure of the prospects of play there. Would've bet in the Notts and Kent matches but am on them both outright so no need really. Massive night for the Kent bet. To put it simply, it's a must win match. 10pts Gloucestershire to beat Somerset 4/6 Sporting Odds Gloucestershire come into this knowing that a win takes them safelt into the quarter finals and will also put them ahead in the best 2nd place position and still capable of overtaking Warwickshire and pipping them for 1st place. Somerset are out of this competition having never really ever been in it. Gloucestershire have an in form Hamish Marshall in their batting lineup and along with Craig Spearman, Alex Gidman and Chris Taylor he should be able to tear this Somerset attack apart. With the ball Alex Gidman has worked out that rotating his bowlers is the way to go. Somerset have no Marcus Trescothick as he is injured and they've also decided to bring Carl Gazzard in to keep wicket for the rested Craig Kieswetter. That suggests that without a chance of qualifying that more regulars will get rested. If that's the case then Gloucester will be red hot favourites to win this. Even if it doesn't though they've already thrashed Somerset in this competition last week and I'm confident they'll win again this afternoon. 10pts Leicestershire to beat Durham 4/6 Stan James This is a very important game for the defending champions. A win here takes them above Lancashire into 2nd place in the table and into pole position for the quarter final spot ahead of the match between the two sides on Friday night. Durham are out of this competition now in terms of qualifying. Neither side have any new injury problems ahead of this game. Michael Di Venuto is out for Durham after breaking his finger. Durham are also missing Paul Collingwood and Liam Plunkett who are with England as is Leicestershire's Stuart Broad. Leicester lost to Durham at the Riverside in a bit of a surprise but this is a must win game for them if they are to make the quarter finals. Durham may well rest players now and Leicester should capitalise and win this comfortably.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Gloucestershire were utter shite and Leicester was rained off so not a good day. -10 for the day and back to +11.25 for the tournament. Let's hope for better weather and better fortunes tomorrow when Twenty20 is back on the TV.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Forgot to mention that Kent won their must win game against Middlesex so they are looking good for a quarter final spot. Onto Thursday's games.

Thursday 5 July 2007
Worcestershire v Glamorgan (17:00 BST)1.602.50103%
Surrey v Sussex (17:10 BST)1.732.24103%
Derbyshire v Lancashire (18:30 BST)2.701.57101%
Essex v Hampshire (18:30 BST)1.832.20100%
I'm not betting on this game but it's another big game for one of my outrights. Worcester simply have to win or else they are out. Quite confident they will though. Will have 2 bets for now. Boyles haven't priced the TV game up for top bats yet so no top bat. I'm off to The Oval for this game but I'll look again tomorrow and see if they price up and if anything stands out. As it stands though 2 for me. 10pts Sussex to beat Surrey 6/5 William Hill This game will have a big effect on the South Group. It's 1st vs 3rd but whoever wins this game will end the day top of the group. A win for Surrey will pretty much sew the group up but a loss and they could well slip back to 3rd if they suffer a heavy defeat. I've seen Surrey twice in this competition and they've not really impressed me in either game. I've seen Sussex twice too although 1 of those was on TV and they've impressed me both times. Both sides are at full strength ahead of this important match and in front of the cameras I'm sure both will want to put on a show. Sussex though will just want to play well after being absolutely tonked by the Brown Caps down at Hove. Sussex have won the last 2 between these two at The Oval in this competition and I reckon they have a good side this year and fancy them to make it 3 on the trot. 10pts Lancashire to beat Derbyshire 4/7 Skybet This is a key game for Lancashire. A win will see them move level on points with Nottinghamshire at the top of the North group with a home game against Leicester to come. Derbyshire are already out of the competition. Lancashire travel to Derby without Stuart Law but apart from that are at full strength, England players aside. That means trouble for Derbyshire really. Mal Loye, Sanath Jayasuriya and Brad Hodge are as good a top 3 as you'll find and there's solid if not the same quality as backup. Derbyshire just don't have the resources to compete in this competition. They've had a few injuries to their bowlers and while they try their best it just hasn't happened. Lancashire need to win this so there will be no resting players or anything like that. They need to win and they will.

sussex did want it more i feel.
Mark Butcher seemed fairly disconsolate afterwards, seemed like he wanted it alright, but Surrey can only blame themselves for dropping the top T20 wicket taker of all time for erm, Jade Dernbach!!! :rollin

:nanasussex win :rollin 5 over slog fest but at 6/5 great win! cheers kev great tip again! sussex did want it more i feel.
Cheers. Hope you got on mate. I thought Sussex wanted it more too. They warmed up much longer than Surrey and you could see they were delighted when they took wickets.
Mark Butcher seemed fairly disconsolate afterwards' date=' seemed like he wanted it alright, but Surrey can only blame themselves for dropping the top T20 wicket taker of all time for erm, Jade Dernbach!!! :rollin[/quote'] To be fair to Surrey, Doshi was dropped for Walters. Dernbach has played all along. It wasn't a night for spinners. It's was soaking wet, dark and horrible. As Doshi can't bat and is as bad as they come in the field the decision was a simple one. They didn't lose because they had no Doshi, they lost because they bowled 3 balls more than Sussex did. With the Sussex win and the rained off match at Derby it's +12 for the day and back up to +23.25 for the tournament.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 Dernbach has been consistantly poor for Surrey every time I've seen him play, I really don't know what they see in him, Mushie still took 2-8 though didn't he? So I don't think dropping Doshi was the right call for them. Both my picks are now out. I managed to recoup most of my Essex stake by laying them to beat Sussex last night but still disapointing after their good start and still a loss.

Dernbach has been consistantly poor for Surrey every time I've seen him play, I really don't know what they see in him, Mushie still took 2-8 though didn't he? So I don't think dropping Doshi was the right call for them. Both my picks are now out. I managed to recoup most of my Essex stake by laying them to beat Sussex last night but still disapointing after their good start and still a loss.
Dernbach is young and takes wickets. With Azhar Mahmood playing his last game tomorrow night they need wicket takers in the team learning their trade. Comparing Mushtaq and Doshi would be like comparing Man Utd and Aston Villa. One is world class and one is very good but nowhere near world class. As I say, having been there and knowing exactly what the conditions were like, it wasn't the conditions to play a spinner. Had Surrey not have bowled an extra 3 balls they would probably have won.

Well done Kev:clap Excellent going, as usual.
Thanks mate. Been difficult to make cash in this competition with so few actual 20 over games played but I'm happy with where I am especially as all 3 outrights are still in the mix :ok

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2007 awesome again Kev, you really are an incredible good cricket tipster, best on the net by miles big :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy for all the hard work you put in :clap :clap

Cheers. Hope you got on mate. I thought Sussex wanted it more too. They warmed up much longer than Surrey and you could see they were delighted when they took wickets.
I get on all your tips Kev:cheers i agree by far best tipster on the net!

Friday 6 July 2007
Warwickshire v Worcestshire (17:00 BST)1.662.10108%
Durham v Nottinghamshire (17:30 BST)2.561.66100%
Gloucestershire v Glamorgan (17:30 BST)1.582.75100%
Middlesex v Essex (17:30 BST)1.912.05102%
Northamptonshire v Somerset (17:30 BST)1.722.28102%
Surrey v Kent (17:30 BST)1.732.30102%
Sussex v Hampshire (17:30 BST)1.662.50101%
Warwickshire v Worcestershire (17:30 BST)1.802.26100%
Yorkshire v Derbyshire (17:30 BST)1.622.54102%
Lancashire v Leicestershire (17:40 BST)1.682.40102%
Last night of group matches tonight. I'll go with 5 bets. TV game is Lancashire vs Leicestershire. Already there is looking like no play there but I've 1 for that game and 4 for the non TV stuff. As far as the outrights are concerned, if there's no play in the TV game then Notts are through as group winners. They are already through regardless of tonight's results. If Kent win at Surrey they are through and they will top the group if Sussex don't beat Hampshire. Worcester need to beat Warwickshire and hope one of Northants or Gloucestershire lose. Onto the bets. This is the TV match bet. 5pts H.Ackerman Top Leicestershire Batsman 7/2 Bet365 The umpires were called in earlier today to do a pitch inspection at Old Trafford as the ground is waterlogged. They've not yet called the game off and Leicestershire are currently on their way to Old Trafford. However the umpires have said that there is no chance of play starting at 5.40 and therefore if there is any play we will have a reduced overs match. With all that in mind HD Ackerman simply must be backed for Leicestershire. He's in superb form at the moment with the bat and he'll open too so he could be away and gone before any of his dangers get into bat. If we only get a 5 over match then HD would only have to bat about 3 overs to have enough runs to top score. Bookies haven't reacted to the news regarding conditions so hopefully we can make them pay for that here. Other 4 bets to follow shortly.