** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

This totally confused me...

Nade

Table #2461326 - The Bungalow Starting Hand #122947580 Last Hand #122946990 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.25/$0.50 Button is at seat 6 Seat 2: Fartypants99 - $85.88 Seat 3: Diablepoulet - $41.25 Seat 4: ujustlost - $45.50 Seat 6: Rome71 - $98.10 Seat 7: ionix1234 - $46.88 Seat 8: overdatop - $44.36 Seat 9: 27Nade - $286.40 Moving Button to seat 7 overdatop posts small blind ($0.25) 27Nade posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Qh 9c] to 27Nade Fartypants99 calls $0.50 Diablepoulet calls $0.50 ujustlost calls $0.50 Rome71 folds ionix1234 folds overdatop folds 27Nade checks Dealing Flop [Qc Js Qs] 27Nade checks Fartypants99 bets $85.38 (all-in) Diablepoulet folds ujustlost folds 27Nade folds and shows [Qh 9c] Taking Rake of $0.11 from pot 1 Fartypants99 doesn't show Fartypants99 wins $2.14 Seat 2: Fartypants99 - $87.52 Seat 3: Diablepoulet - $40.75 Seat 4: ujustlost - $45 Seat 6: Rome71 - $98.10 Seat 7: ionix1234 - $46.88 Seat 8: overdatop - $44.11 Seat 9: 27Nade - $285.90 Had no info on the guy - pretty new to the table (think he won first hand to get $30+) but my query is was it the right move? Ultimately i folded because in the long term if i call in these types of situations i can only beat bluffs and that isn't likely or is it? One of those situations where i just have to go WTF, totally messed with my head. :\ Just want to know really was i right 'in the long term' to lay this down? or should i call no matter what? would like some advice on this madness cheers. :ok And just as an extra Note: this was on pkr so the players are liable to erm strange moves ;).

Re: This totally confused me... OMG tell me about it. I was wishing the hand had come a bit later after seeing him play i swear everyones pissed at this time i think i'll play at this time more often! Gutted that i folded, but n/m. Like the oddest and loosest table of all time and my hands dry up! :\ I quit pkr till about 4days or so ago when i decided i wasn't in the mood to improve my game and just wanted to make money instead atm :ok:ok And re. Omaha i genuinely only noticed yesterday (after watching quite a bit of the pros play online Omaha) that you're dealt FOUR hole cards and not five! that tells you what i know about omaha... but from what you say i think i'll have to read up on it a bit :ok

Re: This totally confused me...

OMG tell me about it. I was wishing the hand had come a bit later after seeing him play i swear everyones pissed at this time i think i'll play at this time more often! Gutted that i folded, but n/m. Like the oddest and loosest table of all time and my hands dry up! :\ I quit pkr till about 4days or so ago when i decided i wasn't in the mood to improve my game and just wanted to make money instead atm :ok:ok And re. Omaha i genuinely only noticed yesterday (after watching quite a bit of the pros play online Omaha) that you're dealt FOUR hole cards and not five! that tells you what i know about omaha... but from what you say i think i'll have to read up on it a bit :ok
I'll revive my thread in a bit and post up some of my Omaha hands just to give you an idea of how fishy some people are!

Re: This totally confused me... I'd have called, there are so many hands that people will push here that you'll beat, he's likely on an overpair, AJ JJ, Q with lower kicker, or even 2 spades A x going for a flush. His bet should be read as a sign of weakness, if he has the final Q and a strong kicker, he's not going to push. It's an isloation bet based on his fear. I'd put him on a draw, could have two spades, or two from 3 of A K 10, looking for a straight. He's got plenty of outs, but you're ahead here i think

Cheers' date=' would appreciate any advice as well, though thinking about it i can imagine it all going tits up - i hope it's not too complicated! :loon Ta :ok[/quote'] Omaha - Dealt 4 cards To make a hand you must use EXACTLY two hole cards and 3 board cards. Showdowns just like hold'em, best 5 card hand wins. What defines a 5 card hand is just a bit different. Omaha is a game about the nuts. Baby straights, underfulls, low flushes are often useless. K high flushes are often very useless too, even on unpaired boards. Holding A high flushes against unpaired boards with guys who have K high flushes can be a gold mine. PS - Given that any 2 of 4 cards can be used, it's important important important to only play good starting omaha hands. Ideally you want all all 4 cards to connect in some way (suited etc.). A hand like QQ47 is generally pretty useless. Best Omaha hand is AAJTds (ds = double suited) Hands like 789Tss/ds (ss=singles suited) are also pretty good. Holding 789T on a board of A56 is a monster drawing hand (known as a wrap). Don't be afraid to commit all your money on the flop with a wrap. Beware if there's two to a flush out there though. Sometimes when you have the nuts on the flop you should only CALL or bet small. The reason for this is Omaha is Pot Limit and often you are unable to commit all your money when you have the best hand and other's can draw to a better hand and then you're rooted. I've only been playing about a month though, so your guess is about as good as mine. I'm still pretty crap, particularly engineering bets to get all the money in.

Re: This totally confused me... Thanks v much! cleared up a few things, but seems a lot trickier then i was thinking/hoping. Have to read up on more in the next few days before i go near playing cash i think :ok

Re: This totally confused me... Good idea. It wouldn't hurt to watch a few games on PKR either, so you can witness first hand the kind of swings that exist and the various ways people get themselves into troube. Key concept though is that when each player has 4 cards its much more likely the nuts is being held.

Re: This totally confused me... I think if you bet first he would not make this kind of a move, this bet after your check(weakness) means another pair IMO. He could have a Jack or another PP. I would not check since Q9 is not so strong there with a J also on board which could make a straight with a free card and I need to find out where I am but after the all-in I would probably call.

Re: This totally confused me... Got to agree with AJ here, Nade, I would have called. If he has JJ surely he would raise pre-flop, so you are only behind to a kicker bigger than 9. If I have AQ here, I'd be trying to elicit some money out of you, putting $85 into a $2 pot seems dumb as no-one without a Q or JJ is ever going to call. I believe you were ahead here, but folding shows (even if wrong) a good and careful thought process.

Re: This totally confused me... I am insta-calling here - you have trips and laid it down? ok, I REALLY REALLY REALLY suck at cash and have had only one winning month in 3 years of playing :eyes - but this is a no brainer surely? you are behind to JJ QJ and QA QK Q10 - thats pretty small range of hands to be behind to and only QJ has you in really terrible shape:puke - the others you have outs to, and would you shove a made FH?, he has something crap like KJ, or 66 Damo

Table #2461326 - The Bungalow Starting Hand #122947580 Last Hand #122946990 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.25/$0.50 Button is at seat 6 Seat 2: Fartypants99 - $85.88 Seat 3: Diablepoulet - $41.25 Seat 4: ujustlost - $45.50 Seat 6: Rome71 - $98.10 Seat 7: ionix1234 - $46.88 Seat 8: overdatop - $44.36 Seat 9: 27Nade - $286.40 Moving Button to seat 7 overdatop posts small blind ($0.25) 27Nade posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Qh 9c] to 27Nade Fartypants99 calls $0.50 Diablepoulet calls $0.50 ujustlost calls $0.50 Rome71 folds ionix1234 folds overdatop folds 27Nade checks Dealing Flop [Qc Js Qs] 27Nade checks Fartypants99 bets $85.38 (all-in) Diablepoulet folds ujustlost folds 27Nade folds and shows [Qh 9c] Taking Rake of $0.11 from pot 1 Fartypants99 doesn't show Fartypants99 wins $2.14 Seat 2: Fartypants99 - $87.52 Seat 3: Diablepoulet - $40.75 Seat 4: ujustlost - $45 Seat 6: Rome71 - $98.10 Seat 7: ionix1234 - $46.88 Seat 8: overdatop - $44.11 Seat 9: 27Nade - $285.90 Had no info on the guy - pretty new to the table (think he won first hand to get $30+) but my query is was it the right move? Ultimately i folded because in the long term if i call in these types of situations i can only beat bluffs and that isn't likely or is it? One of those situations where i just have to go WTF, totally messed with my head. :\ Just want to know really was i right 'in the long term' to lay this down? or should i call no matter what? would like some advice on this madness cheers. :ok And just as an extra Note: this was on pkr so the players are liable to erm strange moves ;).

Re: This totally confused me... At low stakes I've started shoving in this manner if I have the nuts ..... because people do call..... so with no other knowledge on my opponent here, I have to respect the bet and have to fold. If he is such a bad player (undetermined at the moment...) as to make this move with a hand WORSE than Q9o, then the table will soon have his stack off of him anyway.....

At low stakes I've started shoving in this manner if I have the nuts ..... because people do call..... so with no other knowledge on my opponent here, I have to respect the bet and have to fold. If he is such a bad player (undetermined at the moment...) as to make this move with a hand WORSE than Q9o, then the table will soon have his stack off of him anyway.....
agree with you their gaf, if he,s that bad a player he,s probaly flopped the nuts and got a bit carried away. with a username like that I think he falls into the bad player catorgry:tongue2