Watford Live Game - Sep 15th - Brighton Cancelled

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** I've been looking for a while now and even changing the dates, but it doesn't get any better. :( Brighton seems to be quite expensive to stay in any hotel, so we may have to cancel this event and think of another place to have it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update*****

If anyone has any suggestions' date=' please let me know.[/quote'] How about a cheap weekend at Butlins in Bognor? Always thought that would be an ideal location for a PL piss up......

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** Just had a quick butchers on LateRooms myself Paul. I see what you mean. I suggest we wait and see whether Alan (teaulc) has any suggestions since he is local to the area but if he doesn't know of anywhere a bit more economical then I think you're going to have to pull it. :cry Personally, we're not too concerned about the cost as we'd probably have a short holiday and make a long weekend of it but for those with further to travel I can see that the costs would outweigh the benefits.

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** Travelodge in Watford has double rooms (sleep 2) and a family room (sleeps 3) available for £49 for that night. The Travelodge is within staggering distance of Rileys, loads of bars, and a *cough* lap dancing club *cough*.

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** Ok, the suggestion of moving this to Watford is much better hotels wise for everyone and I think it is likely to go ahead. :ok I'll chat to the manager on Friday and confirm everything then. Everyone still keen on doing this, at Watford?

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** I quite fancy popping down to Watford:ok No prizes for why Paul likes the sound of a poker night in a snooker club.:tongue2 He knows he'll be first out of the poker as per usual, then he'll be off to hustle on the snooker tables :loon I think I best bring my stick with me! :dude

Re: Brighton Live Game - Sep 15th - Important *****Hotels Update***** Ok, Brighton just isn't going to happen, so I'm changing the title of the thread and we're now going to Watford. I'll need everyone (that hasn't already) to confirm they are coming please. Current List of Confirmed Players Mr Col U Mrs Col U Paul Ross Kotp Kevshat Big Andy Morlspin

Re: Watford Live Game - Sep 15th - Brighton Cancelled Give me a day and I'll post details of all the reasonably priced hotels that are within walking distance of the venue. Also, for those of you with a long distance to travel, if you intend to fly to Luton, then providing there's not too many of you I'll come and pick you up. No point wasting money on taxi's. :ok

Hotel information Here's the information you need on hotels in Watford. Most hotels apart from the ones I list below will mean you need a taxi. All the below hotels are within easy walking distance of the poker venue, loads of late night bars (up to 3am), and Watford Junction station (for those of you coming by train). Best value by far is: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/320/WatfordCentral If 3 of you were to team up and book a family room it would cost you £16.33 each for the night. Next best is: http://www.watford.parkinn.co.uk/ And last comes: http://www.whitehousehotel.co.uk/ Any questions/queries, then post them here. Consider me your friendly, local, Watford Travel Agent. :ok