** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg)

Re: Man utd V Milan

Hi fair enough, but Im not really after eventing or suggesting a tip, its half time so am not telling anybody to get involved just pointing out the strange odds bookies give on Man Utd in Europe
:ok that i would definitely agree on due to the heavy betting influence of the uk public - always money to be made in the difficult to call games involving a uk side versus a non-uk side

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg)

Milan/Man U No bet for me, I want to watch the game in peace without pulling my hair out. My prediction: im leaning toward a draw, BUT i have sneaky feeling Man U will score the late winner!!! GL ALL
I WENT WITH MY GUT FEELING & IT PAID OFF:gimme :cheers :cheers

Re: Man utd V Milan :clap Well done to Man U! At half time there was only going to be one winner - Milan! Then Man U showed just how good they could be with domination of the second half and wow what a way to steal the headlines with the late goal! I backed Milan part way through :puke and missed the lay so I'm down for the night. Still up over the last few days so just trying not to get so down about the loss.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Wow. What a game, all i can say is that i'm glad i was able to enjoy the game as the theatre it was as i didn't put a wager on it. Chelski never produce great games but you never know for tomorrow night. Bet for tomorrow? You must be joking. Might as well play the lottery it's too close to call for me. Let's all celebrate football and have some :beer

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Chelsea : Tue, 24th Apr 2007

José Mourinho has ruled Michael Ballack out of Wednesday night's Champions League semi-final first-leg.

The German international captain injured his leg during Sunday's game at Newcastle and was absent from Tuesday afternoon's training session at Stamford Bridge. It will be the first European game he misses since joining Chelsea.

Ricardo Carvalho, who was absent the weekend game with a hamstring injury, did join in Tuesday's training but afterwards was rated doubtful for the Liverpool game by his manager.

A further assessment of the central defender will be made on the day of the match.

Michael Essien is suspended form the first-leg.

Mourinho's full preview of the game will appear here later. www.chelseafc.com

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Chelsea -v- Liverpool

This has got 0-0 draw written all over it, you can still get 7.50 for 'No-Goals' with Bluesquare Alternately.. Chelsea to win by 1 goal @ 3.40 = 48.27pts staked Liverpool to win by 1 goal @ 5.50 = 29.84pts staked No Goals @ 7.50 = 21.88pts staked Total Staked 100pts Returns if any selection wins = 164.13 Profit = 64.13 pts

Milan/Man U No bet for me, I want to watch the game in peace without pulling my hair out.
I WENT WITH MY GUT FEELING & IT PAID OFF :cheers
No offence Bozz but in what way did it PAY OFF on a "no bet" :unsure ?

Chelsea -v- Liverpool

This has got 0-0 draw written all over it, you can still get 7.50 for 'No-Goals' with Bluesquare

I agree. I'll play it predominantly safe with: Chelsea Clean Sheet @ 2.4 Liverpool Clean Sheet @ 3.35 1-0/0-1 etc. still gets us a winner. Will top it off with a 0-0 bet and maybe HT 0-0.

No offence Bozz but in what way did it PAY OFF on a "no bet" :unsure ?
i was tempted to place a bet so i did b4 i went to bed i thought my bet was gone till the last few minutes... im a few nails short today:clap

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Kamei34 wrote:

So pretty much everything have been said about this one. Man.Utd with second choice back line. No Ferdinand, No Vidic, no Neville. Milan is in good momentum currently winning games very easily. I see this game ending in draw. ManU will for sure conceed tonight, and expect them to score aswell. So scoring draw it is for me. 1:1 looks like more probable but have a strange feeling it might end 2:2. I'll try Draw, fonbet @3.22, and something on Over 3.5 goals, bet365 @4.5.
Hey mate, you're still the best in my eyes. 2-2 was the fair result for me, but that's football... Man U hade to gifts yesterday, everything changed when Gattuso left the field and the keys of nevralgic zone passed in Schole's hands. Two greats squads, now all can happen in the second leg, but I'm still convinced that Milan will go trough. For today, Liverpool is my favourite one, probably I'm gonna lay Chelsea. I'll wait a while anyway...

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) You can wait but I'm gona do it right now... lol 5u Liverpool +0.5 @ 1.72 1u Riise to score anytime @ 8 2u Gerrard to score anytime @ 4 Basically I'm biased.... but other than that I just don't feel that Chelski can step up and while i realise Benitez will not tell the lads to come out all guns blazing i can see a liverpool goal (or two)... Carvalho out certainly dos not help at all and without essien i think it may be possible Chelsea will have big problems 2nite.... Add to this chelseas at times seemingly dismal scoring ability and Liverpools (Might i add well rested) defence i would not be suprised if Chelsea came out of this game scoreless.... but as i said I'm Biased.... Gl all 2nite.... and stay :dude

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Match: Chelsea - Liverpool (25/04/2007) Tip/s: Chelsea Win @ 2.00 (Bet365) 10/10 Reasoning: CL 1st leg semi between two teams from the English Premier. Both teams are well coached and have excellent players. But, Chelsea is in second place in the EP and Liverpool is third with 12 points separating the two. Chelsea has won all of the last 5 Premier matches at home against Liverpool. Chelsea is undefeated at home in the EP and Liverpool has lost 7 out of 17 away games (41%). With the exception of Barcelona, Liverpool hasn't really faced any tremendous competition in the CL. I think, therefore, they will not be able to get anything against Chelsea. Mourinho and his players are totally focused, at this stage, with the CL. I think they learned their lesson against Valencia where they narrowly qualified after giving up points at home. Chelsea knows that it MUST capitalize on its home field advantage in this first round in order to avoid a difficult task in the repeat round in Liverpool. Yes, Chelsea has a few missings, but it is a team with enough depth to cope and one that knows how to get the job done. Chelsea win! Good luck.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Chelsea - AHC (0) is what I find very safe...Interwetten at 1.55. Chelsea vs Liverpool The most correct bet should be IMO to take the home side (-0.25), no more than this, even I have many aspectatives over the Blues, Mourinho has shown, in the 1/4 finals, against Valencia, how these heats are long more than the first 90 minutes. I prefer at the last to take the safest bet, cause I cannot wait for an home trash from Chelsea just in the semifinals, as I wait for usual hard away team to beat. About the match: Essien is out due suspension, while Sheva, rested out in the last Premier mach, should take again his place near Didier Drogba; doubts about the german Ballack and the CD Carvalho (Terry should replaced his zone), always unavailable Robben, but completely in form Joe Cole and Wright-Philips to operate as wingers. Liverpool has not any regular problems and Rafa Benitez can make the best decision about his mind's first up line. Looking for european ride: Chelsea struggled so much against Porto and Valencia, but this isn't a new and IMO it will not be a real trouble, cuase the hosts have shown to play, at the same tattical way, as at home so in away. Liverpool had a precedent round very easy against PSV (no testing proof), while in the precedent matches they reached an away win at Camp Nou (by 2-1, but IMO against the worst Barca of the season) and they lost from Galatasaray, having a clean result against PSV and a narrow win against modest Bordeaux. Waiting for a low result, I give my preference to Chelsea with a strong safety belt.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Under 2.0 at 1.93, Pinnacle,is my pick. I think we will se very few goals scored at Stamford tonight. Liverpool will be very defensive and wont give up a lot of chances. I think they'll have some troubles scoring themselves too. These two have met 4 times in CL over the past two years. Only one goal has been scored and I'm not certain that the ball was over the line that time.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Chelsea - Liverpool Don't expect a match like yesterday in Manchester, mean "goal rain":loon . Both teams beautiful defence play in recent matches. Only 2 goals at Chelsea net in last 3 games and NO goal at Liverpool's. No problems like MU had in the back. Can's see Liverpool loosing today, but not quite sure about their win in London. My picks are: draw or under 2,5.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) carvalho out is a worry for the unders market.. also chelsea have more unders away from home and liverpool have more unders at anfield.. so if it were at anfield i believe it would be close to a certainty.. However i always bet on chelsea, liverpool, man utd games playin each other to be under 2.5 goals so 5pts on under 2.5goals @1.55

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) I was thinking about... Chelsea's owner is a Russian man, Liverpool's new owner ( Tom Hicks )is an American very rich man... this looks like a new soccer "cold war"... played in a neutral soccer field... But Chelsea has a russian spy in his files... Everyone know his name... Sheva- Shevchenko from Ucraina... I think Sheva will score, everyone is waiting for that. He needs of a good match and this could be his gold opportunity to remember everybody he was the "Golden Ball" in 2004 and he is not gone, not yet...Again: sheva should be in a magnificent form, He rested only to prepare this match at his best... Think that as first decision i'll try with Sheva to score any time at 3.25 >>> 3.75 This is my first post here, sorry 4 my basic english and let me know what u think about. A great ciao To BlackNapoli and Florian :hope

EventChelsea v Liverpool
SelectionUnder 2 goals (Asian Handicap)
Strength6/10
Date25/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningI, like everyone else I suppose, predict a close match were Liverpool won't take any chances and Chelsea will have problems creating any opportunities. Most of the match will be played on midfield, few chances and 0-0 a likely outcome.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Also think it will be very tight encounter. Liverpool have a big chance to take out Chelsea tonight and ill think they'll pinch it 0-1. Worth a small nibble @ 9.00

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Given the injury situation I think this match is an extra difficult one to call. Essien out is an important blow and if Carvalho is confirmed out as well then I see Mourinho playing a very, very careful match. I don't really understand the hype about Chelsea's lack of form, over the past month to month and a half their results are very, very good. They will probably have a little extra desire given the semifinal of a couple of years ago which was decided on that "ghost" goal. I think Chelsea have the edge but would not dare place a bet on them if Carvalho is not playing. Under a strong proposition indeed.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Chelsea hosting Liverpool. Tough battle is expected as always regarding these two teams, but I will try a bet on home side here to win with two goals or more. I fancy 2:0 score. Liverpool seem too confident lately and having nice record with blues I think they might underestimate a bit home side tonight. Chelsea struggled with Porto and Valencia but it's time for one good performance in front of their crowd. I'll try Chelsea to win with two or more goals, Centrebet @4.65, aswell as Total goals: 2, hoping for 2:0 in the end but also as a cover in case of 1:1, Stan James @3.5. GL~

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) This match we can all agree could go either way. No one would be surprised by a Chelsea win, a liverpool win, or a draw. My gut feeling is that Liverpool will not lose this match. This is their season. They rested Agger and Finnan, Gerrard, Mascherano, Bellamy at the weekend. Benitez is an expert is Europe, tatically i think he's far superior to Mourinho. Benitez can nullify Chelsea in a way that Mourinho cannot do to Liverpool. I expect a lot of joy for Liverpool down the left with Riise enjoying plenty of space. I believe there midfield will outplay Chelsea and Gerrard as always to out shine Lampard. If Kuyt and Bellamy click tonite I can see Liverpool winning 1-0. I'd dearly love to see Drogba booked though. He is Chelsea in my opinion and without him, I'm near certain Liverpool would progress to the CL final.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChelsea v Liverpool
SelectionChelsea (-0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date25/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning(£205 available to back) Two in form sides meet here in what should be a tightly contested match. Chelseas home record is outstanding and that can tip the scales in their favour for the 2nd leg. Their previous defeat to Liverpool was played without their 2 first choice centre backs and Kuyt and Crouch had a field day in the air as a result. Whilst Carvalho remains out for tonights game, the return of John Terry should make a difference. Chelsea to sneak this one, although the absence of Essien dampens enthusiam slightly, so i'll take some insurance on the asian handicap.

Re: CL semis 24-25/4 (1st leg) Four previous meetings between Liverpool and Chelsea in the Champions League have produced 1 goal, and there are some people who still think that goal never went in!! On that note under 2.5 goals looks a good bet. If I had to pick someone to score I would say Joe Cole, maybe him to score first, Chelsea to win 1-0. Having said all that its just too close to call and anything can happen on these winner takes all nights so I'm staying well away. GL anyone having a flutter :hope