Grand National Discussion Thread 2007

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread Heres my first go at selecting some horses up here - an easy race to pick!!!!! I like the trends analysis (I do simliar all day at work!) so I have had a go at it myself and came up with: 1) Point Barrow 2) McKelvey 3) Simon 4) Dun Doire along with 2 outsiders of Naunton Brook and The Outlier. Looking at most of them, they would probably want the ground a bit softer, but we will see... Good luck to all!

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread Is this a good bet... Previous winner to win again - Yes @ 8 This bet covers both Hedge Hunter & Numbersixvalverde With the odds coming down on Hedgehunter to near 11 surely a bet that covers both has to be value?

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread Favourites Only 3 have won in last 20 years but only two of the last 10 winners started bigger than 16-1. Previous runners Since 1988, only one horse who either won or was placed in a previous year’s National has gone on to win a later renewal of the race. ;) thats why its 8/1

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread

Favourites Only 3 have won in last 20 years but only two of the last 10 winners started bigger than 16-1. Previous runners Since 1988, only one horse who either won or was placed in a previous year’s National has gone on to win a later renewal of the race. ;) thats why its 8/1
Good statistics, I had the winner last year but the horse has been further handicapped for this year so why I didn't pick already. As for Hedgehunter, great horse and so will be up there but the weight issue is why I'm unconvinced. I just felt the bet would be good odds and would cover mostly all the horses I feel have a chance... At the moment I have stakes on Simon, Joe's Edge, Eurotrek, Billyvoddan and Mckelvey. I feel the only other horse there but for the 2 above would be Bewley's Berry. Of course though noone is to really know until end of race. Just thought maybe value in bet at Will Hills and wanted to put it up incase anyone wanted it.

If only the race was 10 yards longer! :sad Mckelvey such a comeback but too late! An Silver Birch :eek Who would have thought?
I know! Thought he had it at one point! Went all out and took the win on him - never mind!

yep and no french horses either, Ive just noticed now that Silver Birch was the 'fav' for the 2005 national so it was obviously well thought of.
Problem is that now we know the winner any facts and figures can be taken and given as to why winner should have been picked. Fact is that it's likely statistics could have explained why any of those horses could have won. I thought the name Silver Birch was familiar but hadn't realised that it had been favourite just a couple of years back. Guess the bookies are winners tonight though! :(

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread Yeah forgot to say well done to you Carl! :clap :clap :clap I don't think any of us on here mentioned the winner, I think McKelvey was amongst most idea of a winner and we wern't far off....I'm off out to mull it all over...:ok

Well done Carl!! :clap How was the bet 100/1 though?
what do you mean? I did my outsiders ie big price bets @ £2.00 e/w but again the selection came from the filters that we have been mentioning on here for the last 2 weeks or so.
Philson Run (IRE) 11 10-5 Nick Williams Has won over 4mile on Sft and Hvy. He's as gutsy as hell when it matters. He’ll be trained for the 2007 Grand National.Trainer.
I should have took the price at the time of 150:lol

Re: Grand National Discussion Thread i saw another stat yesterday which said only 1 horse in 158 runnings had won with 10st 2lb thats 159 now after Joes Edge & le Duc failed today. Silver birch fitted most of the trends apart from the price factor as it was one of the outsiders.