** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup matches 8/3

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3

I wouldn't touch Sevilla with everybody in the world calling them a banker...yesterday Milan was the banker, remember? Every one of the CL and U Cup games match two teams that can win, all the games are tight. BOL everybody
My thoughts too, I have put Sevilla to win I just hope they don't dissapoint! :hope

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am new. What do you mean by lay [team] @ $$$ Can some kind soul explain What does the term "lay" mean?
:welcome to PL ahlude. If some one lays one team it means, that this team will not win. Basically, if bet is lay Benfica, it means the same as 1X on PSG. People do that sort of bets, as they get better odds on 1x or x2. If lay draw, it means they bet is on home or away.

Lens v Leverkusen The Germans come into this tie after good wins over Schalke and Stuttgart in the Bundesliga. Lens who have been indifferent so far in the competition losing to Parma (home) Heerenveen (Away) and drawing away with OB. Leverkusens attacking style should be on show again tonight as they search for an away goal which I believe they will get. Defence wise, their hosts have only conceded 7 in 9 games and I fancy this to be tight. Good price for the lay here I believe Lay Lens @ 2.2 Betfair
I am with you on this one. Very good pick. :dude

I wouldn't touch Sevilla with everybody in the world calling them a banker...yesterday Milan was the banker, remember? Every one of the CL and U Cup games match two teams that can win, all the games are tight. BOL everybody
Milan was supposed to be the banker yesterday but it was a known issue that Milan has some scoring problems. If Sevilla dominate the match like Milan did yesterday, we'll see goals.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Maccabi hosting Espanyol. Home team managed to eliminate former UEFA cup winner CSKA Moscow in last round, beating them at home 1:0. I think Espanyol is in much better shape currently then CSKA, and in general they are coming from the strongest league in Europe, and till now maybe they showed best things in this competition. I just can't see Spanish side loosing here even it's an away match for them. Maccabi is solid team, bet let's face it Espanyol is out of their reach. I will LAY Maccabi, betfair @3.6. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Rangers hosting Osasuna. Home team lokoing good this year in Uefa Cup. They don't have worries in the league about tittle and everything as Celtic is above them by a mile, but in Europe they are showing some good things, especially at home. Osasuna survived till now somehow in UEFa managing to beat Bordeaux only in ET, and although they come from strong Spanish league I think they are very voulnerable team. I see Rangers winning this one, and I will try -1AH, Pinnacle @3.17. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 NEWCASTLE V AZ Here you go, some very, very interesting stats. These are the number of goals in alkmaar games this season. 9-4-2-4-2-4-2-4-4-6-2-5-5-4-5-4-2-0-3-4-4-3-5-2-2-2-4 If we take away the highest 9 and the lowest 0 that leaves us with 25 games and an average of 3.52 goals and a massive 15 out of 25 over 3.5 All of the 6 games that only had 2 goals were all 2-0 WINS for AZ Ah? you may think but that is the dutch league well heres their UEFA stats 5-2-3-7-4-3-6-4 as you will see 7 out of 8 have been over 2.5 with 5 being over 3.5 and to be fair the 1-1 was a 2nd leg game when they only needed draw I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN STATS LIKE THESE IN EUROPE AZ are having 4 or more goals in well over 50% of their games the price for 3 goals or more is 4/5 and the price on 4 or more is 5/2. The bookies are saying if the game was played 7 times only twice would there be 4 goals or more

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Celta hosting Werder. Spanish side struggling in Primera but so far doing good in Uefa Cup. They wliminated Spartak Moscow in previous round beating them at home. Werder won comfortably with Ajax 3:0 and finished things in that first leg, despie loosing in second one 3:1. I see this game beeing won by one side. Either Werder or Celta. LAY Draw, betfair @3.3. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 PSG hosting Benfica. Home team did good till now, especially with AEK in last round, beating them 2:0 both times. They have worries in French league but still they manage to play good in Europe. Now they will face pretty strong and organized team such as Benfica, coming from CL. Hard to see here many goals and any of the team scoring more then 2. I will LAY Over 2.5 goals, betfair @2.84. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Braga hosting Tottenham. Home team known for their tight games especially at home. This one looks like another on of those without many goals. Spurs also are pretty tight away from home. Really hard to see any of those teams scoring more then 1 tonight. Expect low score in this match. Will LAY Over 2.5 goals, [email protected]. And will try these juicy odds on Braga aswell, betfair @3.4. They are playing at home at might just take this one with Spurs who might take this game in relaxed manner after winning few games back to back in PL. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Be careful with away wins, i has looked in the stats and in the last three years at that leg (8th finals - first match) there was only 5 away wins in 24 games. Looks like it is a priority to home teams to not concede a goal at home. I'll take few unders, in last year all 8 games and in under. Most propably for me are PSG - Benfica, Rangers - Osasuna and Maccabi - Espanyol GL for you!

Hi, I am new. What do you mean by lay [team] @ $$$ Can some kind soul explain What does the term "lay" mean?
Lay means that the selected outcome will not happen. Like for example: Real Madrid vs Bayern (just to pick any game) Lay Real Madrid = means that in case of Real Madrid not winning you can cash the bet. Or otherwise betting on draw and away. Hope this helps.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 No real confidence about backing either Spurs or Newcastle. Especially Newcastle who can be so hit and miss. Spurs are were terribale away from home and are just starting to find a bit of form/confidence. At 2.3 coral and Bluesq Ill leave it well alone and go for the draw in 90 min's @ 3.25 coral. As for Newcastle well AZ Alkmaar have turned over bigger teams than Newcastle and by some goals also Draw Spurs and AZ Alkmaar win for me. Good luck all

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Osasuna are without their 2 first choice strikers for tonight's game with Rangers. I expect them to come to Ibrox looking for a 0-0 and maybe hit Rangers on the break. Walter Smith has said in the press that a clean sheet is the priority for his side tonight so with both sides seemingly happy for 0-0 and probably for 1-0 Rangers i'm taking: Rangers v Osasuna - Under 2.5 goals @ 8/13 (Skybet)

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 sorry for the late post, I know some games have already started, but I just woke up.... small stakes on espanyol, newcastle to win and lens to draw @15 rangers look good to win this one, as mentioned osasuna are missing some key players, and rangers at home are quite solid. werder bremen too, will be too good for celta, although bremen are missing some key midfield players, with aaron hunt and klose heading their attack (hunt coming off a hattrick in his last game), I think it would be at least 2 goals in favour of bremen. braga-tottenham too unpredictable for me psg-benfica has got draw written all over it, benfica not that great away, will struggle to score, while psg are generally poor lately. 0-0, IMO.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Rangers Clean Sheet @ 2.50 Betfair This looks a good bet. Osasuna haven't been in the best of form lately and being a home leg for Rangers they'll want to keep a clean sheet. I fancy unders but seeing as I don't fancy Osasuna to score this seems like the better option. Danny Koevermans to Score @ 3.65 Betfair AZ are a very attacking team and there games generally produce a number of goals. I fancy AZ to win tonight and also 4+ goals, but am not confident enough to back either. This is kind of like the middle ground and at 3.65 the price is more than reasonable IMO.

Soccer - Lens/Leverkusen - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - Newcastle United/AZ Alkmaar - total Over 2½ (-130) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 2:30pm [pending] Lens' last eight at home: 16-14 differential. Leverkusen last eight away: 11-11. I'm surprised at this line, even though we all know that teams tend to score less with the high quality of play and home and away format of the UEFA. AZ away...18-12 differential last eight. Newcastle tend to hunker down at home, but still have a 14-12 differential last eight at home. Also, tendency will be for teams to look for a decisive first game, and while Newcastle's best shot is to not allow any away goals, this is AZ we're talking here. BOL all
The first one's in the bank on the Cousin penalty kick...I am really surprised as the odds on the AZ have dropped almost to even...with the game just starting I'll be interested to see how either team is going to contain the other...

Quote: Soccer - Lens/Leverkusen - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - Newcastle United/AZ Alkmaar - total Over 2½ (-130) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 2:30pm [pending] Lens' last eight at home: 16-14 differential. Leverkusen last eight away: 11-11. I'm surprised at this line, even though we all know that teams tend to score less with the high quality of play and home and away format of the UEFA. AZ away...18-12 differential last eight. Newcastle tend to hunker down at home, but still have a 14-12 differential last eight at home. Also, tendency will be for teams to look for a decisive first game, and while Newcastle's best shot is to not allow any away goals, this is AZ we're talking here. BOL all The first one's in the bank on the Cousin penalty kick...I am really surprised as the odds on the AZ have dropped almost to even...with the game just starting I'll be interested to see how either team is going to contain the other...
That was almost too easy...but I'll take it! :nana :nana :nana

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 this is unbelievable... the list goes on.. Maccabi drew with Espanyol.. and Leverkusen lost... both Luis Fabiano and Kanoute are not playing for Sevilla... and Maresca is on the bench.. this is basically a reserve team... what the hell is the coach thinking??