UEFA Cup matches 8/3

Thursday 8 March 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Lens v Bayer Leverkusen (18:00 GMT)2.143.303.75104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Maccabi Haifa v Español (18:45 GMT)2.853.252.50106% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Newcastle v AZ Alkmaar (19:30 GMT)2.103.403.80104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen (19:45 GMT)3.103.252.50104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Paris St-G v Benfica (19:45 GMT)2.303.203.20106% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderTotal Goals
Seville v Shaktar (19:45 GMT)1.504.108.60103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Rangers v Osasuna (20:05 GMT)2.283.353.35104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyBookings PointsCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderTotal Goals
Sporting Braga v Tottenham (21:35 GMT)3.003.302.40106% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Seville to bt Shaktar is a bit of a no brainer, but have seen much worse 1/2 shots - Seville must have their tails up after beating Barca (and getting from 0-1 to 2-1 with one man down, only then two Barca men were sent off), while Shaktar have had almost no competitive matches for some two plus moths now.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Benfica to beat PSG @3.20 looks great value! PSG are such a poor team this season that they are constantly flirting with relegation. I doubt very much that they have enough to contain the attacking threat of Benfica. Seville as has been said will beat Shakhtar who I doubt will score. I think the game will be low scoring as Shakhtar will hope to take the game to their home instead. Still Seville having turned over Barca will have more than enough to win. A double at just short of 4 looks good value to me!

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3

Benfica to beat PSG @3.20 looks great value! PSG are such a poor team this season that they are constantly flirting with relegation. I doubt very much that they have enough to contain the attacking threat of Benfica.
Benfica attracted my interest also, especially at that price. PSG are battling relegation domestically, and that will undoubtedly be their priority. However, I'm not convinced that Benfica are a good team to back on the road. In their Champions League group, they only scored 1 goal in their 3 games, in the 3-1 defeat to Man U. They also played two average team in Celtic and Copenhagen. Celtic thrashed them 3-0 and Copenhagen drew with them 0-0. I would be interested in seeing the stats for Benfica's away record in europe over the past few years, if anyone has it :) Would be good info to assess before making a bet on this game.

I would be interested in seeing the stats for Benfica's away record in europe over the past few years' date=' if anyone has it :) Would be good info to assess before making a bet on this game.[/quote'] Here you got stats from the past three years: Anderlecht 3 - 0 Benfica B. Bystrica 0 - 3 Benfica Stuttgart 3 - 0 Benfica Beveren 0 - 3 Benfica CSKA Moskva 2 - 0 Benfica Manchester U 2 - 1 Benfica Villarreal 1 - 1 Benfica Lille 0 - 0 Benfica Liverpool 0 - 2 Benfica Barcelona 2 - 0 Benfica FC Kobenhavn 0 - 0 Benfica Celtic 3 - 0 Benfica Manchester U 3 - 1 Benfica Dinamo B. 1 - 2 Benfica 14 games 4 wins - 3 draws - 7 loses 6 times failed to score The stats aren't impressive but i'll try Benfica DNB or X2

Osasuna 2/1:eek must be the bet of the season!!
:welcome to PL, Oasis. You might already have found just a scream with no background is not enough to claim this or that bet is the best around. Some reasoning would help;)

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Why are AZ Alkmaar so high? They are a very good team and Newcastle at times struggled against Middlesbrough. I'm thinking of doing a double chance coupon for: AZ (Win/Draw) Spurs (Win/Draw) W Bremen (Win/Draw)

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Spurs to win @2.44 (Betfair) looks good to me. Tottenham have won their last four (3 of them away), scoring 14 goals in the process. The morale will be particularly high after Sunday's dramatic comeback against West Ham. While it is always dangerous to underestimate Portuguese sides on their home turf, Braga are not in the same bracket as Porto, Benfica and Sporting. On the other hand, Spurs have already won at two difficult grounds in this season's competition (Besiktas and Leverkusen). I can see Sevilla rolling over Shakhtar for the reasons already mentioned above. Finally, I would be wary of backing Osasuna (despite the odds). Ibrox is a very intimidating venue, especially on European nights, and Rangers have improved greatly under Walter Smith recently. I think Osasuna will be happy to nick a draw and take Rangers back to their tight little stadium.

Osasuna 2/1:eek must be the bet of the season!!
I must stress that I believe the odds are as they are because Osasuna have (I believe) lost their last 3 games and are not the best away from home in La Liga. The form status (in last 8 games in La Liga) say that they're 17th out of 20 teams and thus in a knock-out game, with home support and some form at last of late, surely the best bet is to back Rangers??? At 11/10 I thought it was a steal!!! Maybe I'm naive! I have no link/love of Rangers so very objective in my view, thinking with my head. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but for me Rangers should be backed! Best of luck with whatever you play :beer

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Right i'm going for: Rangers (Win/Draw) Spurs (Win/Draw) Newcastle (Win/Draw) Sevilla (Win) Anyone know any team news? I'm wary about Rangers and Sevilla... I feel Newcastle and Spurs are capable of at least a draw.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Sevilla - Shakhtar 1 For those who are not confident: "FC Shakhtar's indiscipline may prove costly as they go into their UEFA Cup Round of 16 tie against holders Sevilla FC without three key players. Shakhtar absentees Defender Olexandr Kucher, Polish midfielder Mariusz Lewandowski and Romanian forward Ciprian Marica all serve one-match suspensions" (uefa.com) Now I have no doubt that spanish team will win. I think that Sevilla - Shatkhtar halft time [email protected] (expekt) is good bet.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Rangers - Osasuna 2 3.60 (expekt) on away win is great value. Rangers are without their goalkeeper Allan McGregor due to red card ban. Small stakes for Osasuna (because of their poor form in the league). You can also try Rangers - Osasuna AH 0/+0.5 on Osasuna @ 2.1 (expekt)

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Maccabi Haifa - Espanyol Barcelona [email protected] (expekt) Maccabi league form: 3.3.2007 Maccabi Tel Aviv Hapoel Petah Tikva 2:2 26.2.2007 Hapoel Kfar Sava Maccabi Haifa 1:1 18.2.2007 Maccabi Haifa Maccabi Tel Aviv 0:0 10.2.2007 Hapoel Petah Tikva Maccabi Haifa 0:2 Espanyol: 4.3.2007 Espanol Barcelona Villarreal 1:1 5.2.2007 Osasuna Espanol Barcelona 0:2 18.2.2007 Espanol Barcelona Mallorca 3:1 11.2.2007 Celta Vigo Espanol Barcelona 0:2 Espanoyls' away form is very good so i put small stakes on them. And don't forget about Pandiani - top goalscorer with 8 goals.

Why are AZ Alkmaar so high? They are a very good team and Newcastle at times struggled against Middlesbrough. I'm thinking of doing a double chance coupon for: AZ (Win/Draw) Spurs (Win/Draw) W Bremen (Win/Draw)
Good bet i think, but Newcastle have a lot of senior players returning as of late, and can be quite the tricky team to bet on or against in recent months, many times i have been burnt by their performances, take Newcastle at evens, and their at home... and Martins at 9/2 for first goal scorer is worth a punt...

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 A purely observation post, but Betfair is offering 3.3 on Maccabi Haifa which is quite an increase on the odds above. Not sure whether any team news has come out to suggest such a rise in price? Might be worth a stab otherwise with small stakes? Sco

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Seville vs Shaktar
Selection Seville -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 08/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.74 (Back)
Reasoning Shakthar will come to this match without Olexandr Kucher, Mariusz Lewandowski and Ciprian Marica which will weaken their strenght for sure. On top of that, they haven't got a lot of meaningful games lately. Its true they will have plenty of time to rest, but regular football are needed to maintain form and it will be interesting to see how Shakthar will respond in this game. My best bet is they will try do defend this out and take the game to their own home turf if possible. However, Sevilla just got a morally boosting win against Barcelona last week and I think they will keep the momentum approaching this match. Moreover, they only have Renato missing as far as I heard so basically they are in great shape. Also they are aware that Shakthar aren't a team to be underestimated when they play at home, so getting a good home win here is crucial. AH lines in most bookies are now around -1.25 hence I think -1 should be decent. Just in case they really camp their own half the whole time, it would be a surprise if they can hold Sevilla out for the 90 minutes without conceeding at least once.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Soccer - Lens/Leverkusen - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - Newcastle United/AZ Alkmaar - total Over 2½ (-130) for the regulation time held on Mar 8 at 2:30pm [pending] Lens' last eight at home: 16-14 differential. Leverkusen last eight away: 11-11. I'm surprised at this line, even though we all know that teams tend to score less with the high quality of play and home and away format of the UEFA. AZ away...18-12 differential last eight. Newcastle tend to hunker down at home, but still have a 14-12 differential last eight at home. Also, tendency will be for teams to look for a decisive first game, and while Newcastle's best shot is to not allow any away goals, this is AZ we're talking here. BOL all

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 I don't write here often.. but this time i just must say that i can't disagree with most of u guys more than this time... I'll just give u my suggestions.. 1. Avoid Sevilla match... History is not good for this match, away team with excellent players that can beat or surprise any great teams as they've proven till now and through these last years... i would even dare to try small stakes on draw/away win.. 2. Werder to win.. this one with high stakes for me.. i just can't see the German team letting this one slip away, and they'll decide to be the one to proceed to next phase in the first match.. and i just can't see that poor home team giving any resistance to Werder's intention... 3. Az Alkmaar DNB.. or a pure away win with lower stakes.. the sutch have a mutch better squad here.. though inexperince could be a problem for them, i think it's about time they really show their capabilities.. i like Newcastle, but they're just not good enough this time.. 4. No bet for Tottenham match... both with Sevilla seem to me as the 'trap' for the day... if i had to choose.. i'd say home win/draw.. 5. About the other matches, i'd suggest to go for Lens home win, Maccabi win/draw, PSG under, Rangers over.. and most important maybe.. Good Luck everyone :hope

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 I'll go on Sevilla -1, their on fire now, with leading in La Liga, last game won at home vs Barca 2:1, with 0:1 down! Like Uncoabis said the Shakhtar won't have 3 key players, the suspensions strike Shakhtar hardest in this day. evenmhore when the game is at home i'm sure more ... Sevilla play discipline football at the moment and won't give a chance at home to team which haven't play official games about two months (in UKR championship starts in march or appril, smth like that)! my predictions: Sevilla to win 3:0

I don't write here often.. but this time i just must say that i can't disagree with most of u guys more than this time... I'll just give u my suggestions.. 1. Avoid Sevilla match... History is not good for this match, away team with excellent players that can beat or surprise any great teams as they've proven till now and through these last years... i would even dare to try small stakes on draw/away win.. 2. Werder to win.. this one with high stakes for me.. i just can't see the German team letting this one slip away, and they'll decide to be the one to proceed to next phase in the first match.. and i just can't see that poor home team giving any resistance to Werder's intention... 3. Az Alkmaar DNB.. or a pure away win with lower stakes.. the sutch have a mutch better squad here.. though inexperince could be a problem for them, i think it's about time they really show their capabilities.. i like Newcastle, but they're just not good enough this time.. 4. No bet for Tottenham match... both with Sevilla seem to me as the 'trap' for the day... if i had to choose.. i'd say home win/draw.. 5. About the other matches, i'd suggest to go for Lens home win, Maccabi win/draw, PSG under, Rangers over.. and most important maybe.. Good Luck everyone :hope
The first way to the 'hell" when you watching to the history ... i can't remmember when sevilla was so high .... do you ?

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Match: Braga - Tottenham Pick: Back Tottenham Price: 2.4 at betfair Teams news: Didier Zokora and Steed Malbranque return for our UEFA Cup Round of 16 first leg at Braga on Thursday night but Jermaine Jenas remains out. Midfielders Didier and Steed are back after missing West Ham on Sunday with calf and groin injuries respectively. However, JJ is ruled out with a groin strain and joins Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee), Ledley King (foot), Danny Murphy (groin) and Mido (knee) on the sidelines. Speaking at his press conference on Wednesday afternoon, Martin Jol reported: "Benoit has had a successful cartilage operation and will be out for another seven or eight weeks. "Ledley is still out, JJ has a groin strain and didn't travel and Mido has a cyst on his knee, hopefully he'll be okay for the weekend. "The good news is that Steed and Didier are both back in the squad." Portuguese international Joao Pinto is the most recognised player in the Braga line-up with a heavy Brazilian influence in the squad including youngster Diego, just 18, whose late goal at Parma secured their place in the last 16. Currently fourth in Portugal’s SuperLiga, Braga have taken the scalps of two of the country’s big three at home – Porto and Benfica (Ricardo actually scored for Benfica in that game, a 3-1 win for Braga) – in a record of eight wins, a draw and two defeats this term. They are on a run of four straight home wins domestically. Ricardo will miss out – he’s ineligible after playing for Benfica in the Champions League. Tottenham is a good cup team. Not much left to fight for in Premiership, wining the uefa cup should be their major goal right now. I cannot find any news say how motivated they are for this competition, but in my opinion they should be. They are in excellent form and could beat Braga which is a good team but not their class. Also the price is huge for tottenham. I see a good value. Good luck all :hope

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Defending champions Sevilla are expecting this match highly confident after knocking down Barcelona in Primera match 2:1. Sevilla play at all three fronts this year, beside UEFA and domestic league they are still competitors in Copa del Ray. It’s hard for any team to withstand so many games, but Sevilla’s coach Juande Ramos makes few changes every match so every player get a chance for a bit of rest. Sevilla finished second in Group C and then eliminate FC Steaua Bucuresti 2-0 away and 1-0 at home. Sevilla is favorite today, and of course they will look for best possible score before second leg match. Sevilla have almost full squad available, midfielder Renato is only missing. Shakhtar comes after successful weekend in domestic championship , 3:0 against Zorya. Shakhtar finished third in Champions League Group D. In previous UEFA Cup round they’ve played 1-1 at home against Nancy, but away they’ve won 0:1. Shakhtar have played 8 times against Spanish teams , winning one at home, drawn 3 and losing 4 matches. They’ve never eliminated any Spanish team in their history. Shakhtar comes in Sevilla without 3 suspended players defender Olexandr Kucher, midfielder Mariusz Lewandowski and striker Ciprian Marica, also three more players are threatened by suspension for second leg match , so Brandão, Fernandinho and Darijo Srna must play more careful than usual. Sevilla is team in top form , they occupy first place in Primera and i believe they will do all necessary to achieve best possible result today. I suggest a huge bet on home win.

Re: UEFA Cup matches 8/3 Match: Sevilla - Shakhtar Pick: Back Sevilla Price: 2.01 AH -1.0&-1.5 at betfair To all that's been said I want to add some news from sevilla official site. UANDE SUMMONS TO ALL STARS TO RECEIVE TO THE SHAKTAR It is not left to any of the important men, except for David, that it will have rest. Hinkel, just left an injury, and Renato, injured, is also low, next to Fernando Salts. The list is: Palop, Cobeño, Daniel, Escudé, Aitor Ocio, Drago, Javi Navarro, Poulsen, Maresca, Martí, Jesús Navas, Duda, Adriano, Kanouté Chevantón, Alfaro, Kerzhakov, Luis Fabiano y Puerta. Good luck :hope