** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

PokerStars Sunday Million

msaban

Just looking at the Sunday Million lobby on PokerStars. Tonights prize pool is a massive $1,425,800.00, with the winner scheduled to get over $200K depending on final table deals. Cost of entry into this tourney is $215 direct buyin or win one of the many sat's on offer. However the field has over 7000 runners and with blinds up every 15 minutes, is it more like a freeroll than a serious game.If you get to the edge of the payouts, you make an extra $70 on top of the buy in fee, which at the current rate will take about 4 hours to get to, the final table in the past has taken approx 12hours. Nice to win, but is it worth stumping up for directly ?

Re: Poker Stars Sunday Million - is it worth it ? I've been playing the 3am Mansion 100,000 gtd, and have been very disappointed with the structure...... but with in the region of 500 runners, there is $50,000 added - if you're prepared to be up through the night, I'd prefer this (still a crapshoot, but good value added!!!) The Sunday million at Pokerstars holds the dream, but if it's a crapshoot and if there's no overlay and if it takes all night (literally!!) then as you say, what's the point?

Re: Poker Stars Sunday Million - is it worth it ? Hi Martyn Thanks, shame I missed friday. Ive played in the other one before -The Sunday Warm Up. Its basically very similar, just not as big a field. I think my point is, that PokerStars gears upto this tourney all week, but with that size of field a lot of luck is needed to get anywhere close.I suspose its the online equivalent of the WSOP main event.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Link thread for the diary so adding the up to date details from the site. :ok PokerStars Sunday Million PokerStars was the first online poker room to offer a weekly $1,500,000 guaranteed No Limit Hold'em tournament, and it gets better every week. First place prize money is more than $150,000 most weeks, and often even more! With a buy-in of $215, someone walks away with a huge payday every Sunday. PokerStars runs satellites to the Sunday Million all week, giving you the chance to take home the big money for just a few bucks. If you make the final table of the Sunday Million, a PokerStars representative will be on hand to congratulate you and help facilitate any deals that may arise. It's just one of the many ways in which we offer you the best in customer service. You’ve found the biggest weekly poker tournament on the planet. Now it's up to you to win it and decide what to do with the money!

• 1 year later...

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million

There's a $11 satellite on Saturday with 100 seats GTD at 21.30. 219070100.
That's on every week I played it first time 2 weeks ago and won a seat seemed soft about 3k runners though . I have a step 4 token to use up so might give this a try,