** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec

McFly

Wednesday 6 December 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v Lille (19:45 GMT)2.593.403.2599% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Score a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Anderlecht v AEK Athens (19:45 GMT)2.563.602.94101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Score a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Copenhagen v Celtic (19:45 GMT)2.943.452.64101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardScore a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Dinamo Kiev v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)2.763.502.76102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardScore a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Hamburg v CSKA Moscow (19:45 GMT)3.203.602.42101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardScore a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Lyon v Steaua Bucharest (19:45 GMT)1.385.0012.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardScore a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Man Utd v Benfica (19:45 GMT)1.444.9010.00100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsClean SheetCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreGoals by both teamsHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardScore a PenaltyScore in Both HalvesSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Porto v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)4.301.804.60101%

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec cannot see past 5/1 double of aek and cska. both games are imperative victories for the teams - hamburg are a joke in their section and look to me like sitting ducks to cska. anderlecht are a very well known team in this competition as they always qualify but cannot do anything now, greek teams where traditional poor travellers but this is must win time and i cannot see them failing. im travelling to copenhagen in a few hours time and am wary of our dire away record in the c.l away from celtic park but there is never going to be a better time to get this monkey of our back - tommy graveson was the man of the match in the corresponding tie at c.p but other than this has not lived up to the hype surrounding his signature - maybe he keeps his best for playing against danes as he was getting some stick back home apparently. man utd and lyon may only be an even money double but this is crunch time for the big boys and cannot see either failing.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec I fancy Celtic to do the business tomorrow night.There is never a better opportunity to get rid of the away CL hoodoo,with the pressure off against an organised but frankly inferior side.Wee Gordon will want to be the first Bhoys boss to win away from Glasgow in the competition to add to his growing list of achievements.I think a lyon Man utd double is also a s afe bet

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec 2006-12-06 Porto - Arsenal I really couldn't believe when I saw the odds on draw here. Yes, Arsenal and Porto will suit draw to advance, but if only CSKA beat Hamburg away. To be honest, I really do not think that CSKA will win at Hamburg and in this case, all of the theories are going down. In case, CSKA to win and Arsenal and Porto to draw, Arsenal will be first and Porto second. If CSKA fails to win, Arsenal will be first placed team, except if they lose. As I said, I do not think that CSKA will win, so knowing the result in Hamburg, Porto will not want to draw there and will try to attack and to take three points in order to take first place because with first place you will get easier opponent in the next round. When Porto attack, there will be left more space for Arsenal attacks, and when there is space, Arsenal is very dangerous opponent. Everyone, or at least 90% of the bettors will be on draw and I am going against public for this match. Pick: LAY Draw; Odds: 1.84; Bookmaker: Mansion; Stake: 3/10 GL

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Re xodale: Both Arsenal and Porto have not qualified but if it is a draw then both guarenteed to qualify. This is the reason for bookies short odds on the draw as they feel both will settle for draw. It is a similar situation in a recent international tournament where Sweden and Denmark drew to knock Italy(?, i think) out. Therefore, i am going for a draw between Porto and Arsenal.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Porto - Arsenal Everybody is betting a draw on this game because both teams will progress with that result blah blah. I remember Portugals last group match in World Cup 2002 vs South Corea with the same arguments. Both teams would progress with a draw and Portugal had no intension of even trying to score. What happend? South Corea scored a goal and it was bye-bye for Portugal. I think the portugese learned a valueable lesson that World Cup thats gonna stick with them at least 100 years. Porto - 4.30 @ Fonbet 2/10

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec During the summer I took my boy to watch Benfica play Austria Vienna in the pre qualifying Champions League game (we were in the Algarve at the time). Benfica won a woeful game 2 - 0 and I can not see anything but a convincing win from Man Utd tomorrow.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec

Agree CSKA will not win. Seriously overrated team who shouldn't be anywhere Arsenal or Porto in the table. IF CSKA's large dollop of luck finally runs out I see Hamburg winning this or drawing at the least.
Agree with whom? with what, where and when?:eyes I've not seen anyone agree with you besides I'm already all over CSKA, Hamburg is one looking like $h!t. with Porto and Arsenal tied at 10 points CSKA with a win will steal that 2nd place if either win. only the draw is a problem. Unless you have inside information I think that Porto game isn't going to be that easy to manufacture the draw in. Porto will play for the win and Arsenal hasn't been consistent lately with WDLW. As a professional team you can't stand around hoping for results in other matches you go out and do your best in your own match. Regardless of the outcome in the Porto/Arsenal match I say CSKA should have more than a fair chance of winning against a club with 13 goals against. (thats almost 3 per match) Hamburg have not won a match yet what is going to suddenly change? CSKA FT win

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Porto v Arsenal

Draw, Betfair @ 1.81

Over 2.5 (Lay), Betfair @ 3.45

This one is simple both teams need a draw to qualify and it will be a draw.

Man U v Benfica

Man U -1.5 (Lay), Betdaq @2.42

Man Utd need only a point to qualify, I think they will get it but the odds are ridiculous for a home win. Benfica are a decent team and were unlucky to lose v Man U in the home game. I think they may get a point or lose by 1 goal.

Anderlecht v AEK

Anderlecht (Lay), Betfair @ 2.56

AEK need to win to guarantee qualification, so I cant see AEK wining this.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Porto - Arsenal Everybody is taking the draw? :lol No way, do you thin both teams will settle the draw? In Champions League? How can you play 90min with knowing you must draw the game?Arsenal no henry..Porto at ho me..I see problems for Arsenal. Im even tempted by Benfica x2 at Man U but I'll skip it. Just 1 bet tonight: $100 @ Porto win 4.3 $50 @ Porto X/1 @ 8 :dude good luck for the draw backers..:D

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec MILAN v LILLIE Help required with this one. Milan making all the right noises before this game stating they will be playing to win out of respect for the teams trying to qualify. Players stating they want to win to give them a positive run into the new year, Below is the squad for tonights game. GOALKEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Facchin. DEFENDERS: Antonelli, Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic. MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira Milan should be comfortably strong enough to see of Lille and added to this Milan have reduced all ticket prices to 1 euro and are expecting a huge crowd. Unless the rest of the world know something I don't I'll be on Milan with medium to high stakes.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Milan-Lille Not sure who, but Milan will be without 10 players or so for this game. Lille isn't a bad team and have a lot to play for here, unlike Milan who are through. 1-2 Pick 1: Lille - 3,20 @ Expekt ------------------------------------------- Anderlecht-AEK Athens Anderlecht still have a UEFA Cup spot to play for, AEK trying to secure the 2nd spot. But AEK isn't to be trusted away from home, and Anderlecht are a better team in the CL this season than recent years. 1-0 Pick 1: Anderlecht - 2,45 @ Expekt ------------------------------------------ Porto-Arsenal I couldn't belive the odds when I saw them. But they make sense, both teams go through with a draw. Arsenal are missing Henry and Rosicky for this one. Can't see any of these two attack to much, they will want to guard that point and will try to use misstakes to score goals. The only way I can see any of them go for a win is if they know CSKA are loosing in Hamburg. 0-0 Pick 1: Draw - 1,72 @ Bet365

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec AC Milan v Lille (19:45 GMT) Overs 2.5 Hard to pick a result here. Milan are through to next stage, they have no pressure this game and will take the foot off the peddle. Expect Milan to be on the back foot as Lille will pressure. I feel Lille will score at least once & im hoping for a Kalac blunder as he is a bit suspect. Milan will play more freely and at ease & while the strickers are hitting there form of late, they should be able to score. Look what happened in the Liverpool & PSV game both games went overs. This game mite end but 2:1 or 2:2.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Hamburg-CSKA Moscow CSKA will find it very difficult at Hamburg, that is my feeling. CSKA has yet to win away in the group and Hamburg have 0 points! It's the Russians that have all the pressure on them as they must win to go through. The Germans on the other hand will want to end their CL season on a good note infront of their fans. They played well at Arsenal in the 1st half and if they play their 1st team and bring that kind of play against CSKA here, then they could win it! 2-1 Pick 1: Hamburger SV - 2,90 @ Expekt ----------------------------------------- FC Copenhagen-Celtic Tough game to call, FCK have rested players for this match, which tells us they will want to win it even though they have nothing to play for. But it's a rare chance for both players and their fans to play in the CL and they want to do as good as they can here. Celtic are through and aren't the best away team, and pitch conditions won't be so great in Copenhagen. Pick 1: under 2,5 goals - 1,70 @ Expekt ----------------------------------------- Dinamo Kiev-Real Madrid I think Dinamo has a great chance to grab a win here. Real are through already and won't go for 100% here. Not sure though what players will be involved here. 2-1 Pick 1: Dinamo - 2,60 @ Expekt

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec MILAN v LILLE Bit more info re this game. Milan are missing 9 players including Dida, Gatusso and Nesta however Kaka and Ambrosini will both be fit for tonights game. Lille also have their injury problems. Keeper Sylva is out after fracturing a finger at the weekend, Captain Gregory Tafforeau is a major doubt also after picking up an injury at the weekend. Johan Audel, Stephane Dumont and Peter Franquart are also still out. Ancelotti has stated he will play his best avaliable team which, if true, will probably be something similar to : Kalac, Maldini, Kaladze, Bonera, Jankulovski, Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf, Brocchi, Oliviera and Gilardino (Simic/ Ambrosini/Inzaghi also avaliable). Given Milan's current poor standing in the league I'm sure they will want to put on a display for the expected large crowd. The team above should have too much for Lille. Pick - Milan @ 13/10

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Porto - Arsenal
Selection Draw/Draw HT/FT
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning A draw would qualify them both leaving Cska to go in the Uefa Cup. There is a large amount of money at stake and I think the two teams will make an arrangement so that both will qualify. Henry will be missing for Arsenal and without Henry they have trouble scoring. I usually don't take public bets but I think these odds are very good.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFC Copenhagen -Celtic
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningCeltic wants first place and will try to get it.Until now Celtic made 0 points away from home and will be hard to win today at FC Copenhagen a team that wants to get the 3 points because it will be hard for them to qualify another time in Champions League.Celtic is a tipical English team that attacks on the flanks and is hard for them to score a lot of goals.2 goals from frekick scored Celtic in their double with Manchester and now i predict and under.
Close Window

EventFC Copenhagen - Celtic
Selectionunder 3.5
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.26 (Back)
ReasoningCeltic wants first place and will try to get it.Until now Celtic made 0 points away from home and will be hard to win today at FC Copenhagen a team that wants to get the 3 points because it will be hard for them to qualify another time in Champions League.Celtic is a tipical English team that attacks on the flanks and is hard for them to score a lot of goals.2 goals from frekick scored Celtic in their double with Manchester and now i predict and under.

EventManchester Utd-Benfica
SelectionMan Utd (-1.5)AH
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.26 (Back)
ReasoningManchester has the bad luck to play last match without being qualified.Last match they played well against Celtic,Saha missed some good apportunities including a penalty.Last year Manchester lost the qualification at Benfica and this year is a great opportunity to revenge.Benfica won 2-0 on friday against Sporting and it's looking good.Manchester is on top In Premier League with 6 points ahead Chelsea but this year made 3 surprising results with Southend,FC Copenhagen and Celtic.Manchester is playing well with speed and cannot afford to lose this qualification.Even if a draw is also good for Manchester i don't think will be a draw because Benfica will attack like fire if they don't lead and on counter attack will be very easy for Manchester to score. "It is a surprise, but you look at the history of our club and we seem to enjoy doing that - putting our poor supporters on a knife edge," said Sir Alex "We have to take our chances when we control a game. If we have control, and I hope we will have, then we have to finish it off. It worries you but then you say to yourself, trust them because some day someone is going to suffer and I hope it is Wednesday night. The team are playing with such penetration and speed you are confident they will make chances." "This is a one-off game, a final," said Santos. "We're going to try to achieve what we set out to do at the start - to reach the knockout stage." Manchester Injuries: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (torn hamstring), Park Ji-Sung (torn ankle ligaments) Benfica Injuries: Georgios Karagounis (strained calf muscle), Marco Ferreira (thigh), Rui Costa (thigh) Probable teams United: Edwin van der Sar; Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidić, Gabriel Heinze; Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs; Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha. Benfica: Quim; Nélson, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha, Léo; Petit, Konstantinos Katsouranis, Nuno Assis, Simão; Nuno Gomes, Fabrizio Miccoli.

EventManchester Utd-Benfica
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.39 (Back)
ReasoningManchester has the bad luck to play last match without being qualified.Last match they played well against Celtic,Saha missed some good apportunities including a penalty.Last year Manchester lost the qualification at Benfica and this year is a great opportunity to revenge.Benfica won 2-0 on friday against Sporting and it's looking good.Manchester is on top In Premier League with 6 points ahead Chelsea but this year made 3 surprising results with Southend,FC Copenhagen and Celtic.Manchester is playing well with speed and cannot afford to lose this qualification.Even if a draw is also good for Manchester i don't think will be a draw because Benfica will attack like fire if they don't lead and on counter attack will be very easy for Manchester to score. "It is a surprise, but you look at the history of our club and we seem to enjoy doing that - putting our poor supporters on a knife edge," said Sir Alex "We have to take our chances when we control a game. If we have control, and I hope we will have, then we have to finish it off. It worries you but then you say to yourself, trust them because some day someone is going to suffer and I hope it is Wednesday night. The team are playing with such penetration and speed you are confident they will make chances." "This is a one-off game, a final," said Santos. "We're going to try to achieve what we set out to do at the start - to reach the knockout stage." Manchester Injuries: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (torn hamstring), Park Ji-Sung (torn ankle ligaments) Benfica Injuries: Georgios Karagounis (strained calf muscle), Marco Ferreira (thigh), Rui Costa (thigh) Probable teams United: Edwin van der Sar; Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidić, Gabriel Heinze; Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs; Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha. Benfica: Quim; Nélson, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha, Léo; Petit, Konstantinos Katsouranis, Nuno Assis, Simão; Nuno Gomes, Fabrizio Miccoli.

EventLyon-Steaua
Selectionunder 2.5
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
ReasoningA match without pressure,a relaxation match between one of the most powerfull teams in Europe,a very organised team with with very good players not stars.Is hard to say what kind of team will Houllier use because the team is already qualified but coach has no reason to rest the players because the team is not playing important matches until next year.Steaua is a good team with hard working players a team that plays good in championship at home and in Europe is playing better away from home, a 4-1 victory at Kiev and almost made a draw at Madrid.Will be a close game not with a lot of opportunities. Steaua coach Cosmin Olaroiu admits he has fewer options and will be naming a similar team to the one that beat FCU Politehnica Timisoara 3-1 on Saturday. "Most of the Lyon players are of a comparable standard but that's not the case with us," he explained. "We'll put out our best team because this is an important game and we're playing for our pride." "It's important for three reasons," Houllier said. "First, because we want to finish with a 100 per cent home record, second because every UEFA Champions League victory gives us confidence, and third because we're chasing a tenth consecutive home win." Lyon Injuries: Cristiano Cris (rested), Pernambucano Juninho (rested), Eric Abidal (rested), Karim Benzema (torn thigh muscle), Fred (torn thigh muscle) Suspensions: Left winger Florent Malouda is suspended for 1 game(s) Steaua Doubtful players: Victoras Iacob (knee ligaments) Injuries: Rahamin Klemi Saban (thigh), Mihai Nesu (thigh) Probable teams Lyon: Grégory Coupet; Anthony Réveillère, Sébastien Squillaci/Patrick Müller, Claudio Caçapa, Jérémy Berthod; Tiago, Alou Diarra, Kim Källström; Sidney Govou, Hatem Ben Arfa; John Carew. Steaua: Cornel Cernea; Stelian Stancu, Dorin Goian, Sorin Ghionea, Petre Marin; Banel Nicolita, Mirel Radoi, Sorin Paraschiv, Vasilica Cristocea; Nicolae Dica; Cyril Thereau.

EventLyon-Steaua
Selectionunder 3.5
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningA match without pressure,a relaxation match between one of the most powerfull teams in Europe,a very organised team with with very good players not stars.Is hard to say what kind of team will Houllier use because the team is already qualified but coach has no reason to rest the players because the team is not playing important matches until next year.Steaua is a good team with hard working players a team that plays good in championship at home and in Europe is playing better away from home, a 4-1 victory at Kiev and almost made a draw at Madrid.Will be a close game not with a lot of opportunities. Steaua coach Cosmin Olaroiu admits he has fewer options and will be naming a similar team to the one that beat FCU Politehnica Timisoara 3-1 on Saturday. "Most of the Lyon players are of a comparable standard but that's not the case with us," he explained. "We'll put out our best team because this is an important game and we're playing for our pride." "It's important for three reasons," Houllier said. "First, because we want to finish with a 100 per cent home record, second because every UEFA Champions League victory gives us confidence, and third because we're chasing a tenth consecutive home win." Lyon Injuries: Cristiano Cris (rested), Pernambucano Juninho (rested), Eric Abidal (rested), Karim Benzema (torn thigh muscle), Fred (torn thigh muscle) Suspensions: Left winger Florent Malouda is suspended for 1 game(s) Steaua Doubtful players: Victoras Iacob (knee ligaments) Injuries: Rahamin Klemi Saban (thigh), Mihai Nesu (thigh) Probable teams Lyon: Grégory Coupet; Anthony Réveillère, Sébastien Squillaci/Patrick Müller, Claudio Caçapa, Jérémy Berthod; Tiago, Alou Diarra, Kim Källström; Sidney Govou, Hatem Ben Arfa; John Carew. Steaua: Cornel Cernea; Stelian Stancu, Dorin Goian, Sorin Ghionea, Petre Marin; Banel Nicolita, Mirel Radoi, Sorin Paraschiv, Vasilica Cristocea; Nicolae Dica; Cyril Thereau.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Milan (Lay), Betfair @2.5 10/10

Milan have been poor this season and they have no motivation to win this game as the have already won the group. Lille can still qualify with a win and will be going all out to win this. Milan will surely rest some key players and this may allow Lille to get at least a point.