** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec

McFly

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFC Copenhagen -Celtic
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningCeltic wants first place and will try to get it.Until now Celtic made 0 points away from home and will be hard to win today at FC Copenhagen a team that wants to get the 3 points because it will be hard for them to qualify another time in Champions League.Celtic is a tipical English team that attacks on the flanks and is hard for them to score a lot of goals.2 goals from frekick scored Celtic in their double with Manchester and now i predict and under.
:window.close()'>Close Window
I assume Nostra that you meant we are a Scottish team that play a style similar to the English teams. ffs get it right........:spank

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec FC Copenhagen - Celtic Copenhagen will be the team with the most motivatio here. They want to win and finish their first CL-adventure with style and all Copenhagen has been lookin forward for this match. Defender Bergdalmo is still injured but Gronkjaeris now avaible and will add talent and experience to the attack together with always dangerous Allback at top. Celtic has still lot to prove in away games so there is a good value in DNB for FCK. FC Copenhagen (0:0) - 2.05 @ Betfred 7/10

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec FC Porto - Arsenal Lot of controversy about this match . Both teams need draw to be qualified for the next stage of competition. Should they play draw? Maybe, I don’t want to exclude this option , but I will never play X for 1.65-1.70 price. Porto comes to this match after 3 consecutive wins in Champions League. They are in good form , both in domestic championship and CL and team with such results should be slight favorite tonight. Porto’s coach said for newspapers they want to win tonight in match. They lost in London 2:0 and I’m sure Porto want to compensate this lost. For Porto Paulo Assunção and Fucile are back in team and they will be in full strength for this match. Probable team: Helton; Bosingwa, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Fucile; Paulo Assunção, Raul Meireles, Lucho González; Ricardo Quaresma, Lisandro López, Hélder Postiga. Arsenal will be satisfied with , off course , draw. They come to this match after win over Hamburger at home. Arsenal have important match in EPL this weekend , and I think they already think about that fixture. In my opinion , they will play without lot of risk because they need squad without new injuries. Situation is not bright for guests , they are without Henry, new injured Rosicky and Gallas. Lately, Arsenal showed lot of inconsistency in matches far from home and Estádio do Dragão is one of the hottest stadiums in Europe . Nobody can count on easy points there. Probable team: Jens Lehmann; Emmanuel Eboué, Kolo Touré, Philippe Senderos, Gaël Clichy; Aleksandr Hleb, Cesc Fabregas, Gilberto, Fredrik Ljungberg, Robin van Persie; Emmanuel Adebayor Well , like I said , I don’t exclude draw tonight , but objective situation is definitely on Porto’s side. Imagine situation in which HSV leads against CSKA in tonight’s second match in group . Will teams still search for the draw? I don’t think so. I fancy Porto tonight , and I’m sure they will not lose tonight . Even if match ends draw , my bet will not be the losing one. My proposition is Porto DNB(AH 0). Pick: Porto DNB Stake 10/10 1.75 @ sportingbet

Well this is not Serie A, right? :eyes Milan @2.50 to beat Lille? I'm on Milan with small stakes - first time this season :hope Arsenal @4.50 to baet Porto? Yeah, draw @1.7 my arse. Pure value on Gunners.
Well , about Milan I agree with you , but I really cannot imagine Porto to lose at home tonight .

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Milan to win (AHC - 0:0) at 1.75 with Centrebet. Milan vs Lille I want to go against the general tendence to think that Milan, closed the top place, is satisfied and motivations of Lille will boost only the french side. There are a lot of motivations in Milan side: - they must have a ready change of trend, watching for the last results of tournament; - despite the bad results, Milan was been very unlucky in many matches (thanks to referee's mistakes too) and in the last match, played in away against Cagliari, they recovered the result by 1-2, in 10 men, missing the point of 3-2 with Borriello; - tonight Kakà will start in the first XI, with Pirlo (suspended for sunday) and Ancelotti has availables all the 4 forwards (probable to start Borriello-Inzaghi); - the bench will offer many solutions, despite Dida, Cafù, Nesta, Costacurta, Serginho, Favalli and Gattuso will be missed; bench: Ambrosini (recovered), Seedorf, Kaladze, Oliveira, Gilardino; - Ancelotti said clearly that Milan will not gift anything: this is the societary political of a big club. Lille will have all the possible pressure over them and I am not so confident that thy are able to play under these conditions. Missed the gk Sylva, Dumont and Audel. Line-ups: MILAN Kalac; Bonera, Simic, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kakà; Borriello, Inzaghi. LILLE Malicki; Chalmè, Plestan, Rafael, Tafforeau; Keita, Makoun, Bodmer, Robail; Fauvergue; Odemwingie. Simple: I don't watch for Milan to loose another time, even if they don't need of points tonight.

Agree with whom? with what, where and when?:eyes I've not seen anyone agree with you besides I'm already all over CSKA, Hamburg is one looking like $h!t. with Porto and Arsenal tied at 10 points CSKA with a win will steal that 2nd place if either win. only the draw is a problem. Unless you have inside information I think that Porto game isn't going to be that easy to manufacture the draw in. Porto will play for the win and Arsenal hasn't been consistent lately with WDLW. As a professional team you can't stand around hoping for results in other matches you go out and do your best in your own match. Regardless of the outcome in the Porto/Arsenal match I say CSKA should have more than a fair chance of winning against a club with 13 goals against. (thats almost 3 per match) Hamburg have not won a match yet what is going to suddenly change? CSKA FT win
This doesn't mean that Hamburg every game will concede 3 or will lose in every game this must change but when ? i think cska is overrated if u see the game between Arsenal - CSKA than u'll think that there should be 5-0 or even 7-1 (with that Vagner Love chance). Hamburg were very tough opponent in every first half and now German press critised them for representing Germany in CHL and not winning a point so...:cheers let's see the game.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec FC Copenhage/Celtic Under 2.5 -150 @ BODOG 10/10 I feel that this one should be a low scoring affair. Celtic not the greatest squad away from home and FC Copenhagen should have a tough time making headway on this solid team. These two teams met alreadyand it ended 1-0 for Celtic and I predict (hopefully) a similar scoreline. FC Copenhagen playing for pride an will most likely be the aggresor in this one. Celtic will play some solid defense and may be able to sneak in a counter attack.... CS 1-1

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec I was looking at Kiev, dependent on how many players Madrid left at home, and they have left a few, Possible teams Dynamo: Olexandr Shovkovskiy; Marjan Marković, Rodrigo, Rodolfo, Badr El Kaddouri; Oleh Gusev, Ayila Yussuf, Taras Mikhalik, Valentin Belkevich; Artem Milevskiy, Maksim Shatskikh. Real Madrid: Iker Casillas; Míchel Salgado, Miguel Torres, Álvaro Mejía, Roberto Carlos; David Beckham, Mahamadou Diarra, Rubén de la Red, Robinho; Antonio Cassano, Ronaldo. That's from UEFA.com For me, after careful consideration, it's a No Bet. Madrid have still got such quality in there, but lack motivation, whilst Kiev, well, minus Rebrov and Rincon, are they really good enough? I can't say. I prefer, Hamburg 11/10 DNB at Bluesq and Arsenal Evs DNB at Bluesq GL everyone!

Tip Detail
EventHamburg v CSKA Moscow
SelectionLay Hamburg (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.98 (Lay)
ReasoningHamburg have just won one game in their domestic league (Leverkusen away) and have lost all their champions league games so far. They have a winable game at the weekend at home to Nurnburg so imo they'd best concentrate on the league and get themselves out of the poor league position and put the champions league behind them. CSKA future in the competition is pretty much out of their hands, all they have to do is win their game and hope things go ok in Portugal. CSKA have just gone into 'close' season, nothing else to do apart from focus on the champions league if not UEFA cup so I guess which one they would prefer to be in. I hate looking at games at this stage of the champions league with everyone having a conspiracy theory and thinking about the xy & z factor, basically as I said earlier, Hamburg have only won one game so far this term, I believe they will find it hard against hopefully a fully motivated CSKA.

Tip Detail
EventHamburg v CSKA Moscow
SelectionLay Hamburg (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.98 (Lay)
ReasoningHamburg have just won one game in their domestic league (Leverkusen away) and have lost all their champions league games so far. They have a winable game at the weekend at home to Nurnburg so imo they'd best concentrate on the league and get themselves out of the poor league position and put the champions league behind them. CSKA future in the competition is pretty much out of their hands, all they have to do is win their game and hope things go ok in Portugal. CSKA have just gone into 'close' season, nothing else to do apart from focus on the champions league if not UEFA cup so I guess which one they would prefer to be in. I hate looking at games at this stage of the champions league with everyone having a conspiracy theory and thinking about the xy & z factor, basically as I said earlier, Hamburg have only won one game so far this term, I believe they will find it hard against hopefully a fully motivated CSKA.
I think you got the point here about Hamburg and CSKA! I have also difficult to see the draw in Porto- Arsenal game. But quit soon we will know.

The highest probability of winning tonight is on Lyon. But as you said this is the final stage of CL and one could as well try Russian roulette :wall

But as you said this is the final stage of CL and one could as well try Russian roulette
Well said. I am waiting to see what the first half totals will be (Pinnacle hasn't posted them yet, which tells you something). This half of the draw has been higher scoring so far, but the lines today are low and look at yesterday's results...my thinking is with younger players looking to impress and teams generally playing relaxed there could be some opportunities on the over. Most game totals are set at 2, so I'll be looking for some first half 0.5/1 totals as an opportunity. BOL all

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Dinamo Kiev - Real Madrid
Selection Real Madrid (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.05 (Lay)
Reasoning A match without any stakes for both teams. Real will very probably rest it's stars and play with a team made out of reserves. I don't know how the ucranians will approach this game because they only got 1 point in 5 matches and I think their fans are not so happy. I think the home side will go for a win to try to please their fans. The temperatures in Kiev in this time of year are very low, especially at 21.45 local time, I think it will be below 0, and this is an advantage for the ucranians because they are used to the cold and a disatvantage for Real Madrid because they come from places where temeperature is 20+.

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Anderlecht hosting AEK.Away side needs to win and to secure the second place in the group and place of course in the 1/8 finals.Anderlecht have to win this game and hope that Lille will loose with Milan, in which case they will be third and grab UEFA spot.First match ended 1:1 in Greece.I will LAY greek team here as they never won CL match away from home and I think they will be under pressure tonight aswell in crucial match for them. And to be honest I can't see them in 1/8 finals. I expect Lille to win at least a point in Milano and AEK not to win tonight, in which case Lille will be in 1/8 finals.Anderlecht is playing at home and will fight tonight hard, so I really can't see them loosing. Draw at best for visitors.LAY AEK, betfair @3.4. GL~

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec All these discussions i looked at the paper for 10 mins and put this on: Copenhagen V Celtic x Porto V Arsenal x Man .U. win and added: Newcastle x Chesterfield x Wouldnt like my wife to find out how much i put on this coz i reckon she would even tell me im stupid but i feel confident Good luck whatever anyone puts on ta. :dude

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Man Utd hosting Benfica in decisive match for both teams. Home team needs to draw at least to play in 1/8 finals but they will try to win of course and be first in case Celtic fails to win in Denmark. Benfica have to win in order to be in second phase, but that will be pretty tough to due in the midle of Manchester. I think benfica will try to hold as much as possible 0:0 result and then try something in the second part of the game. I don't see many goals tonight, so I will LAY Over 3.5 goals, betfair @3.9. High stakes. GL~

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Milan hosting Lille in this decisive game for Lille, but not for the hosts. Milan is already qualified and in this game they will try to gain back some form, which they definetely lost this year. It's tough to imagine them to loose after all that happened and to play with their reputation. They won both games in the group till now with high scores. Lille needs the win tonight or in case AEK looses in Belgium even ne point would be enough for them. I think DRAW is most probable, betfair @3.3. GL~

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Porto do look value imo. I'm a bit shocked at the price of the draw considering there's 1st place at stake and a chance for a better draw in the knockout stage. If someone could explain why Porto would settle for 2nd place it would be much appreciated. I personally am not taken in by the notion of the game being fixed as both sides would possibly risk getting in serious crap if they deliberately drew. No doubt Sepp would have his say

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Firstly i am a gunners fan but i dont see where all the confidence is coming from to oppose a Porto win. i realise both teams just need a draw, but i dont think Porto will want to take any chances, we all know this is footabll and anything can happen, so for Porto to play the game for a draw is hard to believe.as stated before Porto have been solid in both domestic and CL.Hamburg have had a rough time in both champ and domestic league and they are not guaranteed to win, if CSKA get a win which they have the motivation to do it puts doubt over Porto cahmps league future Although the draw is the required i think Porto will be playing for club pride and will want to win this game to maintain their record and momentum, this is just my opinion. where as Arsenal, i dont know where to start, i really enjoy watching them play but you have to be realistic, they only won their game against Spurs because dodgy penalty decisions.they are going through a patch of temperamental form, and also missing Henry (neck injury), Rosicky and i think Gallas i really cant see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet or even them scoring. Taking everything in to consideration, given the value i will go for Porto DNB @ 1.7 betfair

Porto do look value imo. I'm a bit shocked at the price of the draw considering there's 1st place at stake and a chance for a better draw in the knockout stage. If someone could explain why Porto would settle for 2nd place it would be much appreciated....
I think that a draw is logical. It doesn't have to end in a draw though. But with this both are through, 1 or 2nd isn't as big of importance for them at this stage. They will guard the point they have, and try to take advantage of any misstakes made in the game. I don't think they will go in to play 0-0, but it's the point they will want to protect. Should CSKA be loosing in Hamburg and the players know it I think we will see more attacking in the game as well. Also, Porto know they were outplayed by Arsenal before. They won't go for a very attacking approach here. So there are many reasons for these two to play for the draw at first hand. Then a misstake or counter attack could very well see a winner eventually. I hope I'm wrong though and we will get a thrilling encounter tonight. :) I think we might too, cause I stronly belive Hamburg could get a win tonight...it's their night tonight. :beer

Re: Champions League - Wednesday 6th Dec Hmm not a bad night I suppose, some good bets went in. Lille, Hamburg and Porto-Arsenal draw, it was so obvious during the first half that it was gonna be 0-0...although Porto was closest to win it. Anderlecht and Dinamo though...they really tanked at the end! :wall And who would have expected 3-1 to Copenhagen?!

Agree with whom? with what, where and when?:eyes I've not seen anyone agree with you besides I'm already all over CSKA, Hamburg is one looking like $h!t. with Porto and Arsenal tied at 10 points CSKA with a win will steal that 2nd place if either win. only the draw is a problem. Unless you have inside information I think that Porto game isn't going to be that easy to manufacture the draw in. Porto will play for the win and Arsenal hasn't been consistent lately with WDLW. As a professional team you can't stand around hoping for results in other matches you go out and do your best in your own match. Regardless of the outcome in the Porto/Arsenal match I say CSKA should have more than a fair chance of winning against a club with 13 goals against. (thats almost 3 per match) Hamburg have not won a match yet what is going to suddenly change? CSKA FT win
Er, what was that maxzorn? I think Hamburg actually WON. What, where, and when did you think CSKA would win :eek