** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Cup - (Nov 23)

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) LEVERKUSEN -1/4 AH @1.96 5/10 STAKES I cannot see spurs walking out of bay arena with a win. CLUB BRUGGE -1/4 AH @1.77 8/10 STAKES With all the injured players for dinamo,The wise choice would be brugge. FEYEOORD -1/4 AH @1.86 10/10 STAKES Blackburn have more big problem than this match.Feyeoord looks like have turn the corner after beating alkmar. WAREGAM +1.25 AH @1.80 7/10 STAKES I like the way they play their football after watching their previous 2 games.Espanyol is a strong opposition for them but they would not lose by more than 2 ball is my opinion.They can even surprise again so do watch out. I will come back later with more team news.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23)

EventFenerbahce - Palermo
SelectionFenerbahce (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningFenerbahce is not suited for Europe but they got some wins at their home ground. they beat psv once and manchester united (reserves). Now Palermo reserves are coming to town as far as I've heard and Fenerbahce plays good against reserves =). I think with a full stadium they can get the three points.

EventEspanyol - Zulte-Wagerem
SelectionEspanyol (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningZulte- Waregem probably qualified from this group and they have been really on fire. But Espanyol is a Spanish side which has a good squad especially good strikers. I think since they started their winning ways they should beat Zulte here. Also there is a possibility that Zulte can take it easy.

EventClub Brugge - Dinamo Bucharest
SelectionClub Brugge (-0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningI bet on Dinamo Bucharest against Besiktas and I watched that match on TV live and I've gone crazy. They didn't play like their statistics show us and one bad refereeing gave them three points out of nothing actually. With Brugge struggling in the group, they should win this one or they will say bye. Draw against Genk shouldve given them some morale and I think they will beat dinamo here.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Conclusion: what stands out to me is the fact Feyenoord although doing well domestically they do have a problem with different styles of European play and if Rovers who always start at a very fast pace can dictate that play early the midfield should control the game. Rovers away win 2-1. C'mon you blues

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) I like few games for tomorrow. Fenerbahce @2 looks like nice bet against Palermo. It's difficult to judge about Italian teams this season, as Serie A looks pretty weak at the moment, and I think these Italian sides are overestimated in Euro games. Auxerre and Rangers smells like boring draw to me - I have a feeling this will finish 0-0. Rangers are on the up right now, and there is probably value in 3.50 or 3.75 for them, but I'll probably settle for draw in this one. Basel @2.30 is surely too big price against Nancy? Nancy are usually useless away from home, and although they stand pretty good in national league, that success is result of their strong home displays. Club Brugge also look like winners to me. I generally have big respect for Romanian sides in Euro games, but I think Brugge could be on something here. I backed Newcastle at Palermo in last round, and I like them today again. I'm not buying missing players stories here as I dont think Celta will field their strongest squad. Newcastle showed solid performance against Gunners few days ago, and they could easily finish their job in group stages tonight. Celta are doing great away from home this season and will surely fancy their chances tonight against weakened Newcastle side, but I think their maximum tonight is 0-0 draw. Parma babes in action again. Parma are using this system of huge squad rotation in UEFA games for last 2 seasons, and although betting world is always against them, they are doing quite good. Herenveed are just mediocre Dutch side and prices on Parma dont look that bad at all.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Palermo Team News The Rosanero have travelled to Turkey without the injured Giuseppe Biava, Cesare Bovo, Ciro Capuano, Aimo Diana and David Di Michele. Guidolin has decided to leave Eugenio Corini and Mark Bresciano at home along with the Cup-tied Amauri, who already featured in Europe for Chievo. I really like FENERBAHÇE @ home

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Forgot Blackburn in previous post - my main bet for today :spank I guess reason for those prices are Feyenoord's few wins lately, including last one against AZ. But reality is that they are nothing special. Blackburn on the other hand are in downtrend if you look at their recent form from LLWLLD view, but those bad results came against decent EPL sides, so it doesnt look that bad actually, when you have in mind quality gap between EPL and Dutch Premier league. 3.50 for Blackburn is grea offer.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) quick info on Czech teams Liberec - Grasshoppers Must win for both team. Liberec on 6 games winless streak (3 draws, 3 loses) , strikers struggle to score Liberec: Čech - Šinglár, Zápotočný, Košťál, Janů - Papoušek, Frejlach, Bílek, Pudil - Holenda (Parks), Blažek. Grasshoppers: Coltorti - Sutter, Schwegler, Weligton, Jaggy - Antonio Dos Santos, Ristič, Salatič, Pinto - Eduardo Dos Santos, Mbuta. Prediction: away win ( 0:0 cover) Sparta - Ajax just theoretical chances for Sparta to advance. Last time out lost to amateurs from Waregen.Their only striker in "form" Dosek is suspended. Sparta: Blažek - Pospěch, Řepka, Sivok, Kadlec - Kolář, Kisel, Sylvestre, Matušovič - Lustrinelli, Jun (Nádeníček). Ajax: Stekelenburg - Heitinga, Grygera, Vermaelen (Stam), Emanuelson - Gabri, Maduro, Sneijder - Rosales, Huntelaar, Perez Prediction: away win Rapid Buk. - Boleslav this one should be a banker. Boleslav in bad shape should not stand a chance against Rapid offensive. Defence is way too slow to keep up with pacy Rapid's strikers. I do expect to see a red card in the game as MB play very aggresive .(Abraham?) Rapid Bukurešť: Coman - Sapunaru, Rada, Lazar - Badoi, Maldarasanu, Mazilu, Karamjan- Buga, Moldovan, Zicu. Mladá Boleslav: Miller - Palát, Brezinský, Rajnoch, Nesvadba - Kysela, Abraham, Matějovský, Pecka - Kulič, Holub Prediction: Home win

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Macabi-Partizan
Selection Partizan win
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.60 (Back)
Reasoning Macabi bet Oxer and lose from Rangers , Partizan unlucky draw in last minute against Livorno. Partizan is beter team with tradition and they often give best results away from home . Ask Newcastle fans about that. Last meeting Partizan won in Israel and then they fix a game and lose at home. Partizan needs a points and i think odds is to good to not to be taken.
lol, partizan need points...and macabi not?? and with recent form partizan is awful, losing to "classy" bezanija in serbian "super"league this is same as that dinamo bucuresti fan bet on his team i dont see partizan win this one macabi have 6-7 israel NT players, and brasil/argentina internationals possible partizan start-up: kralj - lomic, bajic, djordjevic, mihajlov, tomic, zajic, marinkovic, smiljanic, mirosavljevic, odita

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) PSG - Hapoel T.A. Pick: PSG (-1) AH Odds: 1.78 @ Pinnacle Stake: 6/10 From official PSG site: Alonzo Jérôme, Armand Sylvain , Baning Albert, Cisse Edouard, Drame Boukary, Frau Pierre-Alain, Hellebuyck David, Kalou Bonaventure, Landreau Mickaël, Mendy Bernard, Mulumbu Youssuf, Pancrate Fabrice, Pauleta Pedro, Paulo Cesar, Rodrigez Cristian, Rothen Jérôme, Rozenhal David, Yepes Mario This is PSG team against Hapoel. According to my knowledge this are the best PSG players, so PSG will field strong line-up tonight. The only problem is that they are not playing well as a team, but their individual qualities are way above the Hapoel ones. I believe that PSG wants to advance from the group stage and therefore they have to win this match in order to enlarge their chances to do that. PSG played only one match 0:0 with Rapid B. Hapoel lost 2:0 away from Panathinaikos and drew at 2:2 at home with Rapid. If PSG manages to beat Hapoel they will eliminate them and make room for first three positions.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Probable line-ups (according to the Belgian newspapers): CLub Brugge - Dinamo: Stijnen, Priske, Maertens, Clement, Gvozdenovic, Englebert, Vermant, Blondel, Daerden, Balaban*, Salou *Balaban and Yulu-Matondo(both strikers and topscoreres of the team) are doubtfull Gajev, Blay, Radu, Galamaz, Pulhac, Serban, Ropotan, Danciulescu, Cristea, Niculescu, Ganea Espanyol - Zulte-Waregem: Gorka, Velasco, Torrejon, Jarque, Moha, Rufete, Costa, De la Peña, Luis Garcia, Riera, Pandiani Merlier, D'Haemers, Leleu, Dindeleux, Reina, Van Nieuwenhuyze, Verschuere, Sergeant, Meert, Matthys, Roussel De Brul (central defender) and De Vlieger (first goalkeeper) are injured

Forgot Blackburn in previous post - my main bet for today :spank I guess reason for those prices are Feyenoord's few wins lately, including last one against AZ. But reality is that they are nothing special. Blackburn on the other hand are in downtrend if you look at their recent form from LLWLLD view, but those bad results came against decent EPL sides, so it doesnt look that bad actually, when you have in mind quality gap between EPL and Dutch Premier league. 3.50 for Blackburn is grea offer.
I like your way of thinking mate:clap

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Okay. Why the hell you guys are betting with 10/10 to every match? That seems to make no sense. You're betting 10/10 to Away win for an underdog in UEFA Cup? I would never see myself betting maximum to an UEFA Cup match. It's far far too unpredictable. And for the matches, well, I wouldn't bet on Fenerbache vs Palermo. Even if Palermo doesn't have that much will to play in UEFA Cup, I wouldn't put Fenerbache on that eather. Succesfully played against Palermo last UEFA Cup round when everyone seemed to be selling their houses to bet on Palermo, but now I would stay away from this match. 2.05 isn't good enough for Fenerbache. X2 for 1,90 possibly might interest but if I bet on it I won't bet much. As for Espanyols match if I would use the -1 handicap wouldn't bet much. One match where they scored three goals isn't going to tell you the truth. Espanyol hasn't scored that much, even though mostly they score at Home, but still they don't score that much there eather. Obviously Espanyol has a good chance to win even with -1 handicap, but like previous odds aren't good enough. However Parma seems to have huge value, at least if you go with the davidmphils calculations. 62 for Parma would be nice value for 1.85 @ Unibet. But because it's UEFA Cup won't bet that much to that eather. And note I'm not that good better and won't to those calculations or at least publish any of them here :lol But just few thoughts of those matches.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Does anyone have a clue how motivated Blackburn will get into this game against Feye? I must say that Celta has a very good chance and a great offer (3,2) and this will definitely be my first pick, together with Maccabi, home win of course (2,2). Partizan is not even doing well in their own miserable league. What do you say? :cheers

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Club Bruges -Dinamo Bucuresti pick: over2,5 2,35@unibet I have found excelent price for this bet and i strong belive in over for this game. Dinamo will go for getting the three points but they have important problemes in defence:Moti , Margaritescu.Coach of Dinamo said they will go for a win in this they arent satisfaied with a draw.so in my opinion it will be an open game with goals Dinamo has very good and experienced atackers :Danciulescu, Cl. Niculescu and Ganea. Dinamo will score for sure but i think they will receive at least 1 goal. FC Bruges playing usualy 4-3-3 with 3 fast and powerful atackers: Salou, Balaban and Yulu-Matondo. Also they are doing pressing all game. Brugge has slow defenders and Dinamo could take advantage from this. Big presure for the home team and i hope they will do mistakes! BRUGGE Stijnen – Gvozdenovic, Clement, Maertens, Priske – Daerden, Blondel, Vermant, Englebert – Balaban, Yulu Matondo Rezerves: Verbauwhede - De Cock, Ibr. Salou, Leko, Vandelannoite, van Heerden, Vermeulen Absents: Dufer , Dreesen , Klukowski ,Valgaeren Coach: Emilio Ferrera DINAMO Gaev – Blay, L. Goian, St. Radu, Pulhac – Predescu, D. Serban, Ropotan, Ad. Cristea - Danciulescu, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, Galamaz, C. Munteanu, I. Ganea, Mendy, Codreanu Absents: Ze Kalanga , Tames , Moti , Margaritescu, Pascovici coach: Mircea Rednic GL!

Forgot Blackburn in previous post - my main bet for today :spank I guess reason for those prices are Feyenoord's few wins lately, including last one against AZ. But reality is that they are nothing special. Blackburn on the other hand are in downtrend if you look at their recent form from LLWLLD view, but those bad results came against decent EPL sides, so it doesnt look that bad actually, when you have in mind quality gap between EPL and Dutch Premier league. 3.50 for Blackburn is grea offer.
What do you think about taking over 2,5 in this game ?? odds like 1,9 for over are really good and both teams will be able to score imo.

EventFenerbahce - Palermo
SelectionFenerbahce (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningFenerbahce is not suited for Europe but they got some wins at their home ground. they beat psv once and manchester united (reserves). Now Palermo reserves are coming to town as far as I've heard and Fenerbahce plays good against reserves =). I think with a full stadium they can get the three points.
if a team is missing only two main players, called "reserves" so it's true that fenerbahce will face palermo's reserves tonight. (by the way you see how we play against galatasaray's seniors every year; and yesterday night how galatasaray is "suitable" for CL) Fenerbahce:Volkan, Önder, Lugano, Edu, Uğur, Deniz, Mehmet Yozgatlı, Appiah, Tuncay, Alex and Kezman Palermo:Fontana, Zaccardo, Barzagli, Dellafiore, Pisano, Munari, Simplicio, Parravicini, Tedesco, Brienza and Caracciolo only bresciano and corini are missing for sicillian side,umit ozat and rustu are missing for FB. as you see there is no reason that makes this game a "sure bet" for home win. we (fenerbahce) don't play well in recent matches; 0-0 in last two without a goal position.i don't trust my team this season in any game,and this will another of them. kezman starting in first 11 is a good news for us but i still don't suggest any 1x2 kind of bets; instead under @1.75 is reasonable.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) AFC Rapid Bucuresti - FK Mlada Boleslav pick :Rapid 1,60@expekt After they have started with some inconstat results, Rapid is playing well those days and they need bad the points in this match. Rapid must win this at home, because at Panatinaikos it will be hundred time much dificult to win.Rapid has big suport at home and they should win this. The atackers from rapid are in great form last games and i think Mlada will not resist .Also the guests are not having the best form. RAPID D. Coman – M. Constantin, Maftei, Rada – Badoi, Maldarasanu, C. Lazar, Art. Karamian – Buga, Mazilu, Zicu Rezerves: Apoula – Perja, Sapunaru, N. Grigore, I. Stancu, Griffiths, V. Moldovan Absents: N. Constantin , R. Stancu , E. Dica , Burdujan Coach: Razvan Lucescu MLADA BOLESLAV Miller - Palát, Rolko, Rajnoch, Nesvadba - Kysela, Matějovský, Abraham, Pecka - Kulič, Holub Rezerves: Kučera – Brezinský, Riegel, Šmerda, Ševinský, Mikolanda, T. Sedláček Absents: - Coach: Dušan Uhrin jr.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) hi all, first post here... i wouldnt touch Fener with these odds.. they have inner problems... Alex makes the squad was written by all media during week... players have problem with each other it seems... besides many fener backers depend on power of fans as i read here.. i suggest dont! cause weather is not good, match is on t.v, do not wait 50.000 fans or something... fener can win but there is not even a single value here... in fact its all about away side; if they want to win, they can do it easier than they thought... bet365 gives 4,50 for away win and in fact its the real value captain Ãœmit and g.k Rüştü is injured btw.. g.l

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Rapid - Mlada Boleslav Rapid are a good team but i think odds are too low to touch them! Mlada has a very tall team which could put Rapid into trouble especially at corners and free cicks. Mlada defend themselves very well and are much organised than the teams Rapid met before. If the game will be like Ceahlaul - Rapid 1st half, i don't think Rapid will win this one! From what i know and from what history tells us Rapid is pretty weak vs little teams (remember Valerenga, Skonto Riga...and the list can continue)