** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup - (Nov 23)

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23)

Forgot to mention how tedious Fener. - Palermo game could be. I say no more than 1 goal in this one. Reason : Palermo without motivation.
Would say it is always risky to play under especially when they're playing at home....."no more one" goal, why not but I wouldn't have big balls to put some on it... yep this seems an underish game considering the away team is from Italy...But although Fenerbahçe fielded a nice balanced line-up played very balanced both defensively and offensively away at New Castle (they lost 1-0 but their football is appreciated by media andtrainer Ziko, by me as well :)) Fenerbahçe is not a trustable team at home in Europen matches... personally I staked some on Fenerbahçe win, but ifhome team cannot score in the first half, or an early counter-attack goal by away team may cause some overish results, like 1-3 or 1-2, personally "no more than 1 goal means" means you expect a 0-0 result.. But I don't think so...If fenerbahçe plays like in New Castle match 1-0 may be possible, 0-1 is not likely I guess, cos' if Palermo scores first they can find very open spaces at the back to score more...ŞÃ¼krü Srarcoğlu is a hellish stadium not for the guesses but sometimes for the home team, causing to attack crazily... Good luck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Maccabi Haifa - Partizan This is the third match for Maccabi in UEFA Cup group stage. The first one they won against Auxerre 3:1 , second they lost against Rangers 2:0 . Important to mention is Maccabi played home fixtures on neutral field because of bad safety situation in Israel. But , this match will be played in Israel ( not at home stadium , but in Tel Aviv) and all tickets are sold very quickly , so Maccabi will have great support tonight. Maccabi don’t have some great results in national championship , they are in lower part of the table but I think it will be changed for short time. They had some difficult matches in national league against high ranked teams , far from home but they managed to stay undefeated. One important missing for home side is Brazilian defender Xavier Dirceu and he will probably be substituted by Boccoli who isn’t bad player at all . Maccabi is team who always play their maximum in Euro competitions , so I believe they are highly motivated to win this match. Probable team: davidovitch/keisi, keinan, olara, harazi/boccoli, masudi, anderson, katan/refalov,colauti. FK Partizan is far from team we know in past seasons . They are very bad in domestic championship , 9 points less than their main rival Red Star. I think their main problem is coach Jesic who in my opinion doesn’t have enough experience to lead team like Partizan is . Partizan don’t have some standard squad this year as Jesic combine to much , so some standard performances , on high level cannot be expected from Partizan while Jesic leads the team. Partizan came to group stage eliminating Groningen 4:2 at home and lost 1:0 away . In first and only group match they drew with Livorno at home 1:1 after they received goal from Livorno’s goalkeeper Amelia 2 minutes before end . It was huge mistake of whole Partizan’s defensive line , and especially Partizan’s goalkeeper Kralj. He is one “big hole” at Partizan’s goal. But , Kralj have some injury and he is doubtful for match. Good news for Partizan is Tomic is back in team . He is very good and reliable player ,but he was injured for ling time and I’m not sure about his current form and physical power. Partizan will miss few players tonight , Nadj,Rnic, Cirkovic, Jovetic are all out and they are important players for team. Probable team : Kralj( Jahic)/ Djordjević, Radovanović, Bajić, Zajić / Tomić, Smiljanić, Mirosavljević, Lomić / Vukelja, Odita In my opinion there are no strong favorite team on this match . However , I think Maccabi have better chances to win tonight because they play in Israel( after long time) and they always play at very high level in Europe. . Partizan have more experienced team , but according to latest performances I think they have only slight chances to stay undefeated today. My pick is Maccabi AH 0. ( interwetten @ 1.70) Pick : Maccabi AH 0 Stake 9/10 1.70 @ interwetten

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Palermo came istanbul reserved team,fenerbahçe didnt good results europe all championship but today they will good scored and maybe 1-0 because fenerbache 1 forward kezman and 5 middlfiled played defenca and full stadium,so fenerbahce will take 3 points ı think... Fenerbahce win... Good odd 1,90...

Club Brugge? - ?Dinamo Bucuresti
I watched dinamo bucuresti - Beşiktaş match,dinamo played very bad football and they arent good team,Beşiktaş play very well but last minutes penalty goals. Club Brugge this season had been bad score but they must win this match,because 1 points and bad results.I think dinamo will not score this match and brugge 2-0 will won... Club Brugge Win...

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) I'm a new fellow here as you could have noticed, unfortunately unhappy by the responce of the rest. Anyway, none seems to mention game : Newcastle-Celta. There are some good odds on Celta tonight and I'd like to hear an opinion. Anyone?:notworthy :loon :eek

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Disclaimer: pick rate for Cup only 50% this week. with that out of the way here are my picks for today Fenerbahçe to win Feyenoord to win Auxerre to win and only 1 away win in Ajax Last 2 CL match days have see more than 50% home wins 4 on tuesday 50%, 6 on Wednesday 75%. 1. Palermo are looking forward to weekend play against Inter in SerieA the are fully committed to domestic league. 2. Feyenord are hot go with the trend 3. Auxerre are very good at home and I just hate Rangers so a bit of emotion in that one. I understand Rangers are as competitve in Scotish League this year so many this is their only chance at glory regardless down with the Orangemen. 4. Ajax are a step above the rest in their group having won their first match in the group 3-0 I see them winning on the road by 2. Max:dude

I'm a new fellow here as you could have noticed, unfortunately unhappy by the responce of the rest. Anyway, none seems to mention game : Newcastle-Celta. There are some good odds on Celta tonight and I'd like to hear an opinion. Anyone?:notworthy :loon :eek
Very quickly because I'm on my way out, I did look at this one myself but have no bet today. Everytime I bet on Newcastle or against they surprise me. You'd think with their player troubles (injuries etc) they would not get the results and then they do. I was leaning toward Celta but once again the home wins these last 2 Cup days have me thinking..... No Bet

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Very tempting bets this week. Will only put money on teams of which I know they'll step on the pitch highly motivated. For me that's AJAX, FEYENOORD, BRUGGE. Other matches are tempting as well, but dangerous. I feel, but I can be wrong, that this is the moment to raise my bets.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Fenerbahce - Palermo
Selection Fenerbahce
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.04 (Back)
Reasoning Home team is currently last in Group H losing their only match away at Newcastle. They must win their home matches if they want to qualify from this group because they still have to face Celta Vigo and Eintracht Frankfurt. With Juventus in Serie B and Milan and Fiorentina having points deducted, this is the year Palermo can fight for the title with Roma and Inter. This weekend they have an important match against Inter and I think the coach will rest some key players, also Palermo has a long injury list: Capuano, Diana, Di Michele, Biava. Knowing that the atmosphere in Istambul will be very intimidating for the hosts and considering Palermo's missings I think Fenerbahce has more than 50% chance to win this match.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAuxerre vs Rangers
SelectionAuxerre (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Lay)
ReasoningRangers have been playing really well in Europe this season and its only their domestic form that is struggling. The SPL is very underrated and is tougher than it looks and Rangers are getting it together of late though. A 1-0 win away to Hearts at the weekend should have boosted morale again whereas Auxerre are struggling and sit below mid table in the french league. A 3-2 away win at Livorno is very impressive for Rangers and it shows their away form is well upto holding up in France here. They are the better team and I cant see Auxere winning.

Re: UEFA Cup - (Nov 23) Dinamo made a good game tonight .If moti and margaritescu we're on the field the game was another. Brugge missed in the first half, but Dinamo could score in the last minutes. It's a good result for Dinamo, both teams played well.. All the 3 romanian teams made 1-1 , Steaua Rapid and Dinamo :)

I'm a new fellow here as you could have noticed, unfortunately unhappy by the responce of the rest. Anyway, none seems to mention game : Newcastle-Celta. There are some good odds on Celta tonight and I'd like to hear an opinion. Anyone?:notworthy :loon :eek
Matchday over, but I dont understand what kind of response you expect here? If you have looked better, games you mentioned where already mentioned before. It would be big mess here if 10 members respond on every "Anyone" or "What do you think" ;)