euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Hungary-Turkey
Selection Hungary +1/4 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Only Sebok and Leandro missing for Hungary today but they are not so important. Turkey team not what it was years ago, Hakan Sukur is in the first 11 but his not the player he was, the only notable player in Turkey squad is Arda, but hungarian defenders will not give him space. Turkey showed that they are strugling especially up front only beating malta 2-0 and Luxemburg 1-0 and lost to Macedonia. Szabics is back from injury for Hungary and the team is showing improvment, morale is high, they are in group that they can qualify from. Hungary can get a point here and maybe even win. PS : Turkey has NEVER beaten Hungary on home ground!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales' keeper Paul Jones is making his 50th appearance today in this debacle. Nice hairstyle! Stick to goalkeeping! _42175142_jones416.jpg
Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I always bet against those teams and players who try to make noise on a certain event (number of goals scored, number of appearances...). And believe me, I won almost all of those bets :loon I don't know why, but it's fact. Probably it's a lapse of concentration.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Italy-Ukraine
Selection Italy -1 1/4 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Italy beat Ukraine at the WC 3-0,today they are whitout Totti and Grosso but Toni and Del Piero return to squad. Italy have a though group and they need a win fast and today they will get it. Ukraine strugled to beat Gerogia 3-2 and today they are whitout Rebrov, Rotan and the mighty Shevcehnko. I think Italy will have no problem winning 2-0.

Kazakhstan v Poland This match won't be to interesting ;) In Poland a lot of major injuries especially: Irek Jelen who is in superb form in Auxerre scoring twice in the last UEFA cup match, Jacek Krzynowek(MID), Arkadiusz Glowacki, Mariusz Jop, Michal Zewlakow (DEF). In good form is only Smolarek, a rest of strikers in poor form, sitting on the bench in their clubs except Matusiak who plays in our domestic league. Grzegorz Rasiak scores very often for Southampton but he never plays for national team very good. This is the kind of club striker who burns out when he plays international match. He plays terrible, supporters laughs at him. That's allinduce me to play under2,5 @1,85 and another fact that we never play good against the team from far east europe. Mostly we score there once or twice but we not concede. Probable score is 0:1 or 1:1. I hope it's help Sorry for my poor english- I'm just learning ;)
Poland won but it was a hard match like I wrote earlier. Cheers :cheers

Comon The Scots! Whole host of us going to Hampden on Saturday and can't wait. The best atmosphere anywhere! I have a feeling we can do it. Scotland 2-1 France.... BELEIVE IN THE BRAVEHEARTS!!!!!
looks like you had an excellent gut feeling,sb! :hope go bravehearts!

1/10 for England is terrible. Theres more value in the correct score but finding it is the hard part. Ive read everywhere that England should win easy and very comfy but I just think Macedonia will want to get to half-time without conceding and probably play 1 upfront and just pack the defence/midfield. I think Englands over confidence will rebound back to them just like the Irish game. Im not going mad on the betting for todays football so minimum stakes on the 1-0 2-0.
Date Location Competition Fixture Result Home Team Scorers Away Team Scorers
6.9.2006 Gradski, Skopje, Macedonia Euro 2008 Qualifier FYR Macedonia V England 0-1 - Crouch (46 mins)
6.9.2003 City Stadium, Skopje, Macedonia Euro 2004 Qualifier FYR Macedonia V England 1-2 Hristov (28 mins) Rooney (53 mins), Beckham (63 mins)
16.10.2002 St Mary's, Southampton Euro 2004 Qualifier England V FYR Macedonia 2-2 Beckham (14 mins), Gerrard (36 mins) Sakiri (11 mins), Trajanov (25 mins)
Goal droughts from Rooney Lampard etc is a worry as the only players to score so far are TERRY,CROUCH,GERRARD and Defoe poped up with 2 against Andora but Id be surprised if he took part today. Crouch 2-0 @13's 1-0 @21's Gerrard 2-0 @27's 1-0 @42's Terry 2-0 @50's 1-0 @75's coral 1pt each.
Hit the cross bar:@:@:@:@:@ so close

Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. France battered the World Champions in there last game with eases - can Darren Fletcher, Boyd and the gang really keep Henry and Co at bay. ERRRR NO. "Boss you can keep my Xmas bonus, I wont need it now after the Scots get stuffed and I am on with every penny I own" PAY PAY PAY
Just thought I'd remind you... Looks like you better get on your knees and start begging your boss for that bonus! :cry :lol P.s. What was the mighty England's score?? :spank

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Sensational and incredible victory for the Scots, but admittedly they would have been torn apart had they conceeded a goal under tremendous pressure in the first half. Many scoring chances for the French but the Scots somehow survived.

Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. France battered the World Champions in there last game with eases - can Darren Fletcher, Boyd and the gang really keep Henry and Co at bay. ERRRR NO.
Errrr YES :nana
"Boss you can keep my Xmas bonus, I wont need it now after the Scots get stuffed and I am on with every penny I own"PAY PAY PAY
Hope you enjoyed the laugh at Scotland mate...maybe the Big Issue will take you on after these massive losses of every penny you own:sad

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) What a terrible night:@:@:wall:wall Finland, Ireland, Russia, Hungary, France, all foooked me.....:wall:wall I usually do well with internationals but today everything went against me.:sad Luckaly Italy won 2-0 and if Portugal scores another 2 i get 0.63 points profit....:eyes:eyes i think i'll have to do eith that:\ Hope u guys did better today..... Come on Portugal!!!!!! PS : There goes my good record at sports-punter.:(:(:sad

Originally Posted by ashleybarnes Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. France battered the World Champions in there last game with eases - can Darren Fletcher, Boyd and the gang really keep Henry and Co at bay. ERRRR NO.
Where you gone Ashley???!!! That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on the PL (in hindsight) Looks like you might need your Xmas bonus after all...

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Originally Posted by sensibleboy Bring your Henry, Pires, Makelele, Trezeguet, Gallas, Govou, bring them all. We have Krissy Boyd, Dazza Fletcher, Christo Dailly, Gaza Naysmith and big Stevo Pressley waitin at Hampden!!!

Dear God ! That's the most convincing arguement I've seen for backing the French ! :rollin
Hope you lumped on hahaha:lol :lol :lol

my local corals has germany at even money -2 Im on this bigtime, germany are a transformed footballing nation after the world cup, they annihilated their last opponents ( albeit minnows ) but it breeds confidence in a team, they should have beaten ireland last time by more than 1, I see this as another german cricket-score. germany -2 @ evns is a giveaway IMO
is this price for germanys game on wed night i cant see it on the coral website.

"scots in general are more realistic thinkers," nastro, remember ally macleod? we have never been realistic when it comes to football, or anything else since 1745.
speak for yourself mate, ally mcleod ? your going back a bit - everyone here knows anything is a bonus and the youngsters are coming through now after a couple of decades lull.

Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. "Boss you can keep my Xmas bonus, I wont need it now after the Scots get stuffed and I am on with every penny I own" PAY PAY PAY
dont forget to hang out that stocking. :tongue2

Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. "Boss you can keep my Xmas bonus, I wont need it now after the Scots get stuffed and I am on with every penny I own" PAY PAY PAY
Easy, Easy, Easy! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Bravehearts! :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

Where you gone Ashley???!!! That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on the PL (in hindsight) Looks like you might need your Xmas bonus after all...
That was my view I just couldn't see anything but a French win. As I have said I lost a fair bit of dough on that game and will not underestimate the Scots again - well not at home anyway.

The stocking is already out mate. I am the first to hold my hand up, the Scots totally surprised me and I didn't see that coming. The jocks did well.
everyone is entitled to their opinion and you werent alone in thinking scotland would get beat. it was just the sarcastic spin in your post that had some ( me included ) to throw it back. ;)

• 5 months later...