euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Serbia`s first international game , in front of home crowd . Huge motive for our players , full stadium for sure , and me on the terraces after 8 yrs smile.gif . Serbia has no injury worries ( except Bisevac , but he is backup player ) , and has a plan to finish this year with 6 points from two home game against , Belgium tonight , and Armenia on Wednesday. IMO Belgium isn`t team they were some 4-5 yrs ago , last time we met , in past WC Qualifing Group , we won in Belgium 2:0 , and played 0:0 in Belgrade . Belgium had some far from convincing perfomances so far in this campaign , only 0:0 at home against Kazahstan , and 1:0 win away to Armenia. After broke up of former Yugoslavia , in 1991 , Serbia , with various national names , have lost only one game in Belgrade . Frentic crowd , huge motivation , and better form is on our side. My bet is Serbia to win @ 1.75 (local ) 8.5/10. GL!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Armenia v Finland Finland look in good form, they beat Poland 3-1 away and then drew with Portugal 1-1 at home. They have players with big game European experience and will be too strong for Armenia. Finland 10/10 @ 1.64 mansion Scotland v France France are coming of the back of an impressive 3-1 win over World Champions Italy and I think they will prove to be too strong for Scotland. France have class all over the field and are playing very well together. France 10/10 @ 1.67 premierbet Cyprus v Rep of Ireland I think Ireland can get the win here today, they played well in their 1-0 defeat away to Germany and will be desperate for a win to put their qualifying campaign back on track. They have a few injuries but the replaces should be enough to see off Cyprus. Rep Of Ireland 10/10 @ 1.53 premierbet

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

EventCyprus-İreland
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningThere is a huge class diference here in this game in group D. İreland must win this game coz in this group there is a strong competetion for first two places in group with Germany,Slovakia,Czech Rep and Wales.All this teams are in great form. İreland lost in Germany 0-1 and we must say that they played great even they lost game. Cyprus as always is outsider. İn last 25 oficiel games they lost 15 of them.They won games againast poor teams or games in friendly comptettions. their best player is Okkas from olympiakos. On the another side İreland have strong teams with players from england premier league. İn previous three meetings between this two teams İrelan won all of them and Cyprus didnt succes to score in any of this games.
EventCyprus-İreland
Selectionİreland to score over 1.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.45 (Back)
Reasoningİreland have strong team with Richard Dunne (Man city),John OShea (man utd),Finnan(liverpool) and Stephen Carr(new castle) in defence. There are Kevin Kilbane and Damien Duff in middle and Robbie Keane and Kevin Doyle in attack. Wtih this team i think that İreland will win very easy against poor side from Cyprus. They lost 0-6 against Slovaika so i think that İrelan can score minimum two goals agains them

EventHungary-Turkey
Selectiondraw on HT or FT
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningThis is tight game today.Turkey won 2-0 over Malta in Germany at empty stadium and clearly showed that have not old power. On the another side Hungary lost 1-4 at home against Norway where made a lot of nessesery mistakes.After that with help of refree won 3-1 in Bosnia but that was not deserved. So this time draw is best option here.Hungary is not so strong to beat Turkey and on the another side Turkey will be happy with one point here. Tight game and posible results is 1-1.
EventHungary-Turkey
SelectionHungary to score
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.35 (Back)
ReasoningBoth teams are on equal level and both have three points but Hungary played two games.Turkey played against Malta.So they are on the same level. İt will be tight game.Turkey in the game against Malta showed clearly again that have not so strong team,expecially in defence.İf Malta was little bit better could easy score against Turkey. After 1-4 in first game i expect diferent game from home side and i think that can score a gol here at least

EventBulgaria-Holland
Selectiondraw on HT or FT
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningThis is another game where away side is stronger. Holland won both previously games(1-0 over Luksembuerg and 3-0 over Belorussia). On the another side Bulgaria won 3-0 over Slovenia and drawed 2-2 in Romania. So both games have great results in previously two games. Berbatov is injured and it is a big questin will play or not. But Stoickov can replace him with young Bojinov from Juventus. There is a lot of problems in Holland on another side.Van Bommel will not play coz has problems with Van Basten. İt seems that same situation is with Nistelrooy too.Huntealar is out coz he is injured.İn this situation draw on halftime or full time seems as nice bet.
EventBulgaria-Holland
SelectionBoth teams to score in the game
Strength7/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningHolland is with 6 points and here will probably be without Van Bommel,Nistelrooy and Huntelar.But stil with van Persie,Robben and Hesselnik and Kuyt they are able to beat Bulgaria or to score at least. Bulgaria have also great attack with Bojinov,Todorov and Martin Petrov. İ expect here that both teams will score and probably high scoring draw.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Russia v Israel
Selection Russia
Strength 10/10
Date 07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning Important game for Russia and Guus Hiddink today, Russia was unable to beat Croatia while Israel won both of their two games so far in the qualifyers. Guus is looking for his first win and recalled a few important players to the national team:Smertin,Kerzhakov,Titov. Israel had two wins against Andorra and Estonia but today they are up against a strong, physical team, with Guss Hiddink as coach and we know what Guus is capable of. Also Israel has few important injuries: Midfielder Michael Zandberg and forwards Omer Golan and Yaniv Katan are on the sidelines,but most importantly captain Yossi Benayoun is doubtful with a leg injury. I expect Russia to win this, maybe 1-0,2-0. PS: It's october allready so maybe the cold weather helps the Russians too.

Sweden - Spain Sweden – Spain Sweden have maximal performance so far in this group. They won over two weak teams in group Latvia 0:1 and last match against Liechtenstein 3:1. But present situation in team is far from good. Best Swedish striker Ibrahimovic refused to take part in this match because he was send home in last match as punishment for staying late. Also first choice goalkeeper Isaksson is not ready for this match , while two time scorer in match against Liechtenstein is doubtful, so two big blows and one possible for Swedish side tonight. I think this Swedish team lack quality players and that will have influence on final score tonight . The other side Spain comes to this match after embarrassing lost against Northern Ireland 3:2. Now they have big pressure from public to win this match . Coach Aragones made a controversial decision to omit captain Raul from squad .Also formation changes from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 are expected tonight with Villa and Torres in front and Angulo , Iniesta , Albelda and Fabregas in middle. Aragones said in an interview : “We have to win this game by whatever means. A draw isn't the end but it isn't a good result”. So, obviously Spain will go for all 3 points tonight and I think they have great chances fulfill their hopes . Spain with ahc 0 is my choice for this match. Spain AH 0 stake 8/10 1.75 interwetten

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Greece – Norway Greece is far from team which took European crown at last EURO Cup in Portugal. In this qualifications they have one win out of one match , but they managed to win not so strong opponent Moldova 0:1. In front of this very crucial match against direct rivals for qualification in EURO2008 Greece have serious squad problems as Dellas , Lagos, Kapsis and Papadopoulos are all out while Basinas is doubtful . So , possible problems for their defensive and midfield lines , together with poor striking abilities gives big headache to their coach Otto Rehhagel . Norway comes to this match with maximum points . They won unexpected easily against Hungary 1:4 and on last match they defeated Moldova 2:0. They have one big missing tonight as Carew is injured , but good news is certainly back of Risse in team. I think Norway wants to extend they victorious on this match and currently they have better chances to achieve their aspirations. Greece always have great home crowd support , but I think that will not be enough for win. I remember match few years ago when these two teams also play some qualifications and Norway went home with all three points .Norway will have more problems to win than in previous matches , but I think they certainly will not lose tonight . My pick is Norway with ahc +0.25. Pick Norway AH +0.25 Stake 8/10 1.93 Pinnacle

Event Armenia v Finland
Selection Finland -3/4 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Finland had some good results lately, draw with Portugal and they defeted Poland 3-1 on the road. Finland have some very good players in their squad Mikael Forssel, Mika Vayryen, Sami Hyypia, Thininen and they are led by an in form Jari Litmannen. They are a strong, experinced squad and should have no problem beating a team with players that don't even have clubs. Armenia is very poor, they even lost 2-0 to Cyprus. In recent games they met 2 times in 2004 and Finland won both times. Easy Finnland win.

EventDenmark-Northern İreland
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.26 (Back)
ReasoningDenmark will take very seriosly all games in this group coz in this group F there are Sweden and Spain too so every point is very important for them.They won 2-0 over İsland and now they are witing for NOrthern İreland wich lost 0-3 against İsland and then won 3-2 over Spain. Gravesen left national team but he is out of form anyway. Stil Denamrak have a great team and here qwill win for sure

EventDenmark-Northern İreland
SelectionDenmark to score over 1.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningWith Tomasson,Jorgensen and Romenhdal i think that Denmark is able to score over 1.5 goals tonight in home game against İreland wich received 5 goals in previously 2 games. İn last three games Denmark scores 8 goals so i think that will continue with this great performance

Event Cyprus v Rep. of Ireland
Selection Rep. of Ireland -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning I really can't understand this big price on the -1 AH, and i think it's great value. Ireland have a though group and this is a game they must win, there is huge difference in class beetwen these two. They met 6 times so far and every time Ireland won easy, Cyprus only managed to score in one of these and that was back in 1980 (Ireland won 3-2). Ireland are missing Shay Given and Stephen Carr, Paddy Kenny will replace Given while Steve Finnan will most likely step in for Carr. With players like :Steve Finnan, John O'Shea, Damien Duff, Robbie Keane,Aiden McGeady, Liam Miller,Clinton Morrison, Ireland looks set to win this game. The best players of Cyprus are strikers Konstantinou and Okkas but if Ireland keeps possesion and Keane, Duff and McGeady work their magic they should win this confortably.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U393mpsc4vc&mode=related&search= Please watch. Because New Turkey superstar ARDA TURAN. He is 19 years old and new younger. All Galatasaray match he make asist or goal. And this match so hungary - Turkey,start 11. I think he will scores 1 goal or asist. So, Turkey win my best pick.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) 1 Robinson, 2 G. Neville, 3 A. Cole, 4 Gerrard, 5 King, 6 Terry ©, 7 Carrick, 8 Lampard, 9 Rooney, 10 Crouch, 11 Downing Subs: 12 P. Neville, 13 Kirkland, 14 Carragher, 15 Parker, 16 Wright-Phillips, 17 Defoe, 18 Bent Referee: Markus Merk (all Germany) Assistant referees: Heiner Muller, Jan-Hendrik Salver Fourth official: Knut Kircher This is England's squad. Any kind soul can tell me how serious is Rio Ferdinand's back problem? Will he play against Croatia in mid week?

1 Robinson, 2 G. Neville, 3 A. Cole, 4 Gerrard, 5 King, 6 Terry ©, 7 Carrick, 8 Lampard, 9 Rooney, 10 Crouch, 11 Downing Subs: 12 P. Neville, 13 Kirkland, 14 Carragher, 15 Parker, 16 Wright-Phillips, 17 Defoe, 18 Bent Referee: Markus Merk (all Germany) Assistant referees: Heiner Muller, Jan-Hendrik Salver Fourth official: Knut Kircher This is England's squad. Any kind soul can tell me how serious is Rio Ferdinand's back problem? Will he play against Croatia in mid week?
This from Sky Sports: Steve McClaren's England have been rocked by an injury blow to central defender Rio Ferdinand. The Manchester United stopper has suffered a suspected back problem in training and is out of the Euro 2008 clash with Macedonia on Saturday at Old Trafford. He is also now a major doubt for Wednesday's crucial trip to Croatia and gives McClaren an unwanted headache.

This from Sky Sports: Steve McClaren's England have been rocked by an injury blow to central defender Rio Ferdinand. The Manchester United stopper has suffered a suspected back problem in training and is out of the Euro 2008 clash with Macedonia on Saturday at Old Trafford. He is also now a major doubt for Wednesday's crucial trip to Croatia and gives McClaren an unwanted headache.
Thanks

Wales are getting a right tonking at the moment. Maybe Toshack should put his dummy back in and bring back Savage.
Hmm, Tosh would never pick Savage again. Too much history there. Whats annoying is that we played so well in the Czech Republic only to lose to 2 dodgy looking goals, they go and win 3-0 in Slovakia and we get our arses kicked to high heaven. I dread to think what the crowd size is going to be on Wednesday night when the crowd pullers from Cyprus are in town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U393mpsc4vc&mode=related&search= Please watch. Because New Turkey superstar ARDA TURAN. He is 19 years old and new younger. All Galatasaray match he make asist or goal. And this match so hungary - Turkey,start 11. I think he will scores 1 goal or asist. So, Turkey win my best pick.
It's incredible for a 19 yo chap :okvery fast, skillful, good balance though a little light weighted, full of energy, very good teamwork and joyful play. I'm sure he can be a great star in the near future. What he did against Liverpool at Anfield is enough to confirm his class. Feel very lucky with my bet on the Reds that night. I've got his name in my book already :clap But I'm not quite sure about Turkey's win today. Arda can not make up a team and he lacks international experience as well. National team is a different story. Don't think the Hungarians are so poor. They are a tough nut to crack at home.