euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

EventSerbia - Belgium
SelectionSerbia to keep a clean sheet
Strength8/10
Date07/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningBoth teams played against each other in the qualification round for the WC in Germany. Serbia(-Montenegro) won in Belgium with 0-2 and the game in Serbia ended in a scoreless draw. Serbia only conceeded one goal in the 10 games they played to qualify for the WC, so their defence is good. Serbia played two qualifiers for Euro2008, 1-1 on Poland and a 1-0 victory against Azerbaijan. Belgium also played two qualifiers 0-0 at home against Kazachstan and a 0-1 victory on Armenia. Both games were far from good. Belgium obviously lacks creativity and fighting spirit (which used to be the strentgh of the national team). According to the local newspapers Belgium will probably play with Stijnen, Hoefkens, Kompany, Van Buyten, Simons, Mudingayi, Goor, Geraerts, Dembele en Emile Mpenza. Vanden Borre, Englebert or Vermaelen will also start(one of the three of course). Mpenza is playing in Qatar so I doubt he is in very good form. Dembele starts most of the time on the bench of AZ, he is a talented player, but not a goalgetter. Then three central midfielders: Geraerts is an upcoming midfielder who often appears in front of goal, Simons is a defensive midfielder playing for PSV, Mudingayi is defensive midfielder playing for Lazio Roma. On the left-midfield you have Goor, who doesn't reach the same level as a few seasons ago. The three central defenders: Kompany who is playing for HSV and is the most talented player of the team, also the one with the best technique, Van Buyten is playing for Bayern München, Hoefkens is playing for Stoke City in the English Championship. Stijnen is the goalkeeper of Club Brugge, he is not a bad goalkeepers, but not as talented as the goalkeepers we had in the past and he made a few mistakes the last weeks. I doubt Belgium will be able to score with these players, none of these players can play on the wing (except Goor), so everything will probably go through the center, which is good if you have a Ronaldinho in your team, but with these technically limited players I don't see Serbia having problems to keep the attacks of Belgium under control. The objective of Vandereycken(coach of Belgium) is obviously taking a point, which would be great thing in the race for the second place of the group. Betting on 0-0(@8.50) might be good idea also.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) > Cyprus-Ireland 1,45 @ expekt > I just can't see Ireland loosing this one. So 1,45 is decent enough for the win. I was tempted by this, but not so sure now, after reading what Mark Lawrenson, the famous BBC pundit, and ex Liverpool, Brighton, and Republic of Ireland player, wrote on the BBC website. He (Lawro) is often wrong, but it's put me off this bet. Begin Quote from BBC website.... ""The last time they went to Cyprus, the Republic of Ireland got absolutely battered in the first half, really torn apart but they held on and survived. But this time, manager Steve Staunton is banned so he will be up in the stands and they also have a few injury problems as well. I think, at best, they can hope for a draw - and that tells you a couple of things. Firstly, there is a real lack of quality and depth in the Republic's team and squad but also Cyprus are definitely improving. I feel that Staunton's side have an awful lot to do in this group. End quote" :dude FT

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) England - Macedonia Small bet here on this guy to score. He has big odds just cause this is his first game for Macedonian NT ever. But not cause he wasn't good till now but because he didn't have Macedonian passport till recently as he's a Serb playing in Macedonian league. The truth is that he's best striker in Macedonia for two years now so coach of Macedonia Katanec called him in NT as soon as he got Macedonian passport. It's still unknown though if he will start or not the game with England, or even how much time he will play, (and I think he will cause other strikers are in not great form) but regardless of that I will try this odds on him with one unit. Of course, Macedonia don't have great chances to score in England, but then again why not as England's defence is not that great lately imo, and Macedonia definetely deserved something more from that 1:0 loss at home with the same rival. England should win this game no doubt but I think Macedonia just might score one. Will it be Ristic or some other player don't know but let's risk one unit on this guy to score with this huge odds. So pick Stevica Ristic (Mac) to score, betandwin @34.33. One unit. GL~

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Italy to win at 1.50 with BetFred: Italy vs Ukrajne Really last hopes to spend for Italy to have chances yet to fight for final qualify: Italy in clear must win situation for the table state and for the public opinion, so disappointed after the first perfomances of the national team under the lead of Roberto Donadoni. Donadoni will count over the group fresh champion of the world, without more experiments, just Oddo (from Lazio) in defensive line and the strikers Di Michele (from Palermo) and Di Natale (from Udinese) added to the group, all players that started in excellent way Serie A season. Out the midfielder Perrotta (suspended); while some doubt about the condition of Nesta (ready to replace him Materazzi) and for Del Piero (in the his second spring) (Di Natale the eventual substitute) Probable line-up (4-4-2): Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Camoranesi; Del Piero, Toni. By the other side Ukrajne was not been so impressive in the last World Cup, despite they climbed till the second phase, while the ukranian clubs, in the european scenario, suffered heavy defeates. The group has not changed anything: they rested the same team already seen in the W.C., more the bad last period of Andriy Shevschenko with Chelsea (no goals scored in Premier league) and even in doubt for the match. Probable line-up: Shovkovsky; Tkachenko, Rusol, Husin, Nesmachniy; Gusev, Tymoschuk, Shelayev, Rotan; Shevschenko, Rebrov. Italy needs to win: that was been storically the best mental condition for italian footballers, they are able to find resources in full troubles and this match, announced to be played in Roma where the crowd will put a lot of pressure, is the perfect chance to restart the winning walk for Italy.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) my local corals has germany at even money -2 Im on this bigtime, germany are a transformed footballing nation after the world cup, they annihilated their last opponents ( albeit minnows ) but it breeds confidence in a team, they should have beaten ireland last time by more than 1, I see this as another german cricket-score. germany -2 @ evns is a giveaway IMO

Hungary - Turkey I think the Turkey is a good bet. They are at this time at 2.3 on betfair, but i will wait the last day for to bet them. Hungary win only in front New Zealand (friendly) and Malta at home. they did Draw in front Saudi Arabia, Croatia and Bulgaria at home and they lost in front Argentina (friendly), Sweden and Norway. Turkey is difficult to predict because they just lost in front Switzerland and win Albania away (after its only friendly match). I think the odds look good for to bet Turkey.
I don't konw about this mate, i'm hungarian and follow the team closely, Hungary isn't that bad actually and Turkey isn't that good, Hungary still has a bunch of good players (Gera,Szabics, Huszti, Kiraly,Dardai), the 4-1 scoreline against Norway doesn't reflect the game , Norway got lucky with 3 of the goals , 2 by big defensive errors and one by the keeper, the players were talked to and the team played much better against Bosnia. Also Bozsik is a great manager if someone can achieve some succes with this team, his the one. Turkey didn't convince me at all lately they are very unconsistent, have to wait for team news but my initial reaction is to lay Turkey.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Not long to wait for the Euro qualifiers now! :drums Can't wait to see how long the San Marino team can hold out and whether they can restrict Czech Republic to under 4.5 ........ San Marino last 8 overall averages 5.37 goals per game, excluding the defeat by Germany takes this down to just under 4.5.. Against highly ranked teams the scores (all losses) from 2005-2006 were : A v Spain lost 5-0 H v Belgium lost 1-2 A v Belgium lost 8-0 A v Spain lost 6-0 H v Germany lost 0-13 They also restricted Lithuania to a 1 goal win at home to Lithuania. Can the Czech Republic deliver another crushing defeat, and send a message to Germany in their group, or will San-Marino keep the score down to a more usual football score? Should be fun.. Any info on the likely Czech team and their attitude going into this game would be appreciated. Current odds around this fixture are (from Betfair). Czech Republic 1.01 San Marino 200.00 Draw 85.00 Over under 2.5 Under 7.8 Over 1.09 Over under 3.5 Under 4.0 Over 1.18 Over under 4.5 Under 2.82 Over 1.29 From San Marino's last result the 13-0 defeat to Germany all these look fairly safe to me, but maybe San Marino will place all their players on the goal line this time and just jump up and down as the shots come in in an attempt to restrict the deficit! You never can tell for sure. :dude FT

I don't konw about this mate, i'm hungarian and follow the team closely, Hungary isn't that bad actually and Turkey isn't that good, Hungary still has a bunch of good players (Gera,Szabics, Huszti, Kiraly,Dardai), the 4-1 scoreline against Norway doesn't reflect the game , Norway got lucky with 3 of the goals , 2 by big defensive errors and one by the keeper, the players were talked to and the team played much better against Bosnia. Also Bozsik is a great manager if someone can achieve some succes with this team, his the one. Turkey didn't convince me at all lately they are very unconsistent, have to wait for team news but my initial reaction is to lay Turkey.
Yes, its true, they play much better against Bosnia, but it's more easy when Bosnia play at 10 during around 1 hour no ? And i dont talk about the arbitration.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Kazakhstan v Poland Kazakhstan: GK: Dawid Łorija, Aleksandr Mokin (FK Astana), Jurij Nowikow (Irtysz Pawłodar). DEF: Jegor Azowskij (FK Astana), Aleksandr Kuczma (FK Astana), Maksim Żałmagambetow (FK Astana), Samat Smakow (Kajrat Ałmaty), Kajrat Utabajew (Kajrat Ałmaty), Farhadbek Irismetow (Kajrat Ałmaty), Aleksandr Familcew (Toboł Kostanaj), Danijar Mukanow (Toboł Kostanaj). MID: Dmitrij Biakow (FK Astana), Nikita Chochłow (FK Astana), Dienis Wołodin (FK Astana), Dias Kamiełow (FK Astana), Eduard Siergijenko (FK Astana), Pirały Alijew (FK Astana), Andriej Trawin (FK Ałma-Ata), Siergiej Łarin (FK Ałma-Ata), Rusłan Bałtijew (FK Moskwa, Rosja), Andriej Karpowicz (Kajrat Ałmaty), Dienis Rodionow (FK Atyrau), Kajrat Aszyrbekow (Aktobe Lento). ST: Murat Tleszew (FK Astana), Maksim Azowskij (FK Astana), Nurboł Żumaskalijew (Toboł Kostanaj). POLAND: GK: Wojciech Kowalewski (Spartak Moskwa), Artur Boruc (Celtic Glasgow), Mariusz Pawełek (Wisła Kraków); DEF: Jacek Bąk (Al-Ryyan), Paweł Golański (Kolporter Korona Kielce), Marcin Wasilewski (Lech Poznań), Grzegorz Bronowicki (Legia Warszawa), Krzysztof Lagiewka (Krylia Sowietov Samara); MID: Radosław Sobolewski (Wisła Kraków), Mariusz Lewandowski (Szachtar Donieck), Arkadiusz Radomski (FK Austria Wiedeń), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Borussia Dortmund), Jakub Błaszczykowski (Wisła Kraków), Łukasz Garguła (GKS Bełchatów), Przemysław Kaźmierczak (Boavista Porto) Rafał Grzelak (Boavista Porto); ST: Tomasz Frankowski (Tenerife CD), Maciej Żurawski (Celtic Glasgow), Radosław Matusiak (GKS Bełchatów), Grzegorz Rasiak (Southampton FC) This match won't be to interesting ;) In Poland a lot of major injuries especially: Irek Jelen who is in superb form in Auxerre scoring twice in the last UEFA cup match, Jacek Krzynowek(MID), Arkadiusz Glowacki, Mariusz Jop, Michal Zewlakow (DEF). In good form is only Smolarek, a rest of strikers in poor form, sitting on the bench in their clubs except Matusiak who plays in our domestic league. Grzegorz Rasiak scores very often for Southampton but he never plays for national team very good. This is the kind of club striker who burns out when he plays international match. He plays terrible, supporters laughs at him. That's allinduce me to play under2,5 @1,85 and another fact that we never play good against the team from far east europe. Mostly we score there once or twice but we not concede. Probable score is 0:1 or 1:1. I hope it's help Sorry for my poor english- I'm just learning ;)

Yes' date=' its true, they play much better against Bosnia, but it's more easy when Bosnia play at 10 during around 1 hour no ? And i dont talk about the arbitration.[/quote'] You are right, but i wasn't trying to point out that Hungary played better then Bosnia, Bosnia was absolutely terrible, i was trying to say that Hungary against Bosnia played much better then the Hungary against Norway. The defense was much tighter, they didn't do so many mistakes, they kept the game simple and passing was much better. Considering that they are playing home this game is open to any result, i know i should stay away, but i will be laying Turkey with medium stakes.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Steamhammer... Both Belgians, you sound a bit more pessimistic than me. I guess it all depends on the strength of Serbia. I feel you can't compare Serbia before WC and Serbia after WC. You say 0-0. I'll stick to 0-1 / Belgian win @5.5 I can feel it in me bones ;-)

You are right, but i wasn't trying to point out that Hungary played better then Bosnia, Bosnia was absolutely terrible, i was trying to say that Hungary against Bosnia played much better then the Hungary against Norway. The defense was much tighter, they didn't do so many mistakes, they kept the game simple and passing was much better. Considering that they are playing home this game is open to any result, i know i should stay away, but i will be laying Turkey with medium stakes.
Sorry for: - to dont understand well what you meaning "first" - my direct language and its true than Turkey dont product an nice football at this time it will have minimum one of us:nana

Bring your Henry' date=' Pires, Makelele, Trezeguet, Gallas, Govou, bring them all. We have Krissy Boyd, Dazza Fletcher, Christo Dailly, Gaza Naysmith and big Stevo Pressley waitin at Hampden!!! [/quote'] Dear God ! That's the most convincing arguement I've seen for backing the French ! :rollin

Sorry for: - to dont understand well what you meaning "first" - my direct language and its true than Turkey dont product an nice football at this time it will have minimum one of us:nana
No need to apologise, this place exists so fellow punters exchange info and discuss their picks, and direct language is what make this place great:ok:ok:ok:ok

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Oh my God - the Scots actually think they can beat the Frenc - LOL If France were at home they would be in the region of 1/10 - 1/25, I think 8/13 on Scottish turf is an absolute gift and a nice early Christmas present. France battered the World Champions in there last game with eases - can Darren Fletcher, Boyd and the gang really keep Henry and Co at bay. ERRRR NO. "Boss you can keep my Xmas bonus, I wont need it now after the Scots get stuffed and I am on with every penny I own" PAY PAY PAY

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) 1 or 2 may be slightly optimistic at the thought of the game - your post is pretty lame though from someone who goes into every competition thinking they will win it and end up every time with a grand total of zilch. scots in general are more realistic thinkers, KNOW THEIR LEVEL, YOU OUGHT TO TRY IT.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) England - Macedonia In first match between these two teams in Macedonia, England team managed to beat home team but with great deal of luck, cause Macedonia deserved at least a point. Now England will host Macedonia in England, and much easier win is expected... Still, I find this handicap on them quite big and actually I think England should win this game with 2 goals margine, but not more. Macedonia improved a lot under their new coach Katanec, they are much more tougher and their play is more organized then ever. All in all I see this bet on Macedonia worth betting with high stakes. So pick Macedonia +2.5 AH, bet365@ 1.95. GL~

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Wales - Slovakia I rate Slovakia as better and more talented team between these two, but Wales will have home advantage today. I just can't see either of teams prevailing and draw looks like most probable and only possible outcome. It's easy as that... So in the end of a day I think both teams will be satisfied with one point. 0:0, 1:1 possible results. Pick Draw, bet365@ 3.2. And just in case, cover on Slovakia, betfair @3.2.GL~

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Russia - Israel Russia hosting Israel. Home team will try to win this game after they failed to win 3pts in game with Croatia also at home. Israel is tricky team and hard to break, but for sure with less quality then Croatian team. I expect home team to win with one goal, but I wouldn't exclude another tough game for Russia if Israel put 10 men in defence in which case Russia will find it dificoult to break them. The best thing is to play Russia to win with one goal, expekt@ 3.55, and cover it with draw also, betfair @4.1. GL~

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Hungary - Turkey Turkey visiting Hungary. Turkey is rightly favorite here and not by accident as they are much better and more stable team then Hungary, with more quality also. Hungary in first game lost at home to Norway, but then won with Bosnia away. Home team will try not to loose this game, and improve their performance from the first match at home they lost to Norwaymuch and get back the crowd again. I think Turkey is more closer to victory, but I wouldn't exclude a draw here either. Win of Hungary will hardly happen. So best thing is to LAY Homewin, betfair@ 3.55. GL~

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Scotland - France France got angry after the WC and they started to trash every team they played after that. They seem really on fire and unstopable. Scotland also is having pretty nice period, and they started this qualifications with two wins. At home they will try to harm this mighty France, but I think France will have too much for them... I expect a narrow win for away team, as Scotland is pretty decent and tough squad, but I can't see them stopping France nevertheless. So pick France to win with one goal margine, Nordicbet @3.65. GL~

Steamhammer... Both Belgians, you sound a bit more pessimistic than me. I guess it all depends on the strength of Serbia. I feel you can't compare Serbia before WC and Serbia after WC. You say 0-0. I'll stick to 0-1 / Belgian win @5.5 I can feel it in me bones ;-)
You're kidding yourself if you think Belgium will beat Serbia. Serbia playing in front of HOME fanatical crowd for the first time.... Serbia by at least 2 goals :ok

Italy to win at 1.50 with BetFred: Italy vs Ukrajne Really last hopes to spend for Italy to have chances yet to fight for final qualify: Italy in clear must win situation for the table state and for the public opinion, so disappointed after the first perfomances of the national team under the lead of Roberto Donadoni. Donadoni will count over the group fresh champion of the world, without more experiments, just Oddo (from Lazio) in defensive line and the strikers Di Michele (from Palermo) and Di Natale (from Udinese) added to the group, all players that started in excellent way Serie A season. Out the midfielder Perrotta (suspended); while some doubt about the condition of Nesta (ready to replace him Materazzi) and for Del Piero (in the his second spring) (Di Natale the eventual substitute) Probable line-up (4-4-2): Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Camoranesi; Del Piero, Toni. By the other side Ukrajne was not been so impressive in the last World Cup, despite they climbed till the second phase, while the ukranian clubs, in the european scenario, suffered heavy defeates. The group has not changed anything: they rested the same team already seen in the W.C., more the bad last period of Andriy Shevschenko with Chelsea (no goals scored in Premier league) and even in doubt for the match. Probable line-up: Shovkovsky; Tkachenko, Rusol, Husin, Nesmachniy; Gusev, Tymoschuk, Shelayev, Rotan; Shevschenko, Rebrov. Italy needs to win: that was been storically the best mental condition for italian footballers, they are able to find resources in full troubles and this match, announced to be played in Roma where the crowd will put a lot of pressure, is the perfect chance to restart the winning walk for Italy.
Plus Shevschenko stayed in Kiev with a fever

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Draw/England in the Ht/ft market. This is always worth a bet when England are a very short price to win. The following recent matches all went that way: v Macedonia a (Euro08 qual) v Trindad & Tobago (World Cup) v Ecuador (WC) v Northern Ireland h (WC qual) v Azerbaijan h (WC qual) v Wales a (WC qual) Once again I think England might struggle to break down their opponents but will grind out a win eventually. 6.0 at stanjames