** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!!

GaF

Ok - WSOP 2006 isn't finished yet. We did great - 4 PL contenders, but I don't really feel we went for it with everything we had - I don't feel that we really gave it our all!!!! 2007 WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!! I am convinced that with just a little bit of effort from us, we can easily get 10 players in the main event WSOP 2007 - and if we do really well, we can smash that figure out of the water!!!! We ALL have a SIGNIFICANT chance of getting there with a bit of effort. Play the freerolls - treat them seriously - play them patiently and we will get qualifiers again!!! The hype is already starting for 2007 - Holdempoker, Blue Square and Mansion - all already running freeroll qualifiers!!! Take Holdempoker as an example - their freeroll will get about 600 runners. We SHOULD be getting 50 PL'rs in this - we have about 9% chance of a qualifier. That's pure mathmatical chance. If we play it seriously, and patiently, rather than as a freeroll (as others will do) I reckon that chance goes up to the region of 20%. How HUGE is that?? Multiply that out amongst all the games to come and we're laughing!!! 2006, we wanted just 1 Main Event qualifier - we blew that out of the water with 4. 2007 I WANT double figures qualifiers. I look forward to blowing that out of the water too!!!! PL CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread will be used to track our progress and hopefully to motivate!!! We can do it!! We can ALL do it!!!! Now let's give it our best shot!!!! Playing - Main Event GazBlades (Pokerstars) (29th June - 13th July Flights booked) Manbag(Betfair) (28th June - 17th July Flights NOT booked) (Accom - 28th June-5th July MGM Grand (Not Booked) 5th July - 17th July Wynn (Booked) ) Morlspin (2%) jarjaruk (1%) Danarama (1%) Playing - $1500 VoiceofJoe(FullTilt InsidePokerMag 7CardStud) Teaulc (Pokersatellites - Playing 15th,16th and 17th June Events 25, 27 and 28) Zebedee1 (20th June - 27th June) MCFC66 (100%) (Full Tilt Inside Poker Mag Stud 8 - Event 46 - 28th June) (Booked 14th June - 19th June Rio - Playing event 27) Daleroxxu (VIrginPoker) Burnley Joe (100%) Football-Tipper (100%) (29th June - 6th July Flights Booked) Jeffers (100%) ubermonkey1 (100%) morlspin (100%) (1st July - 7th July Booked) jarjaruk (100%) (28th June - 5th July Flights Booked) (Accom - Gold Coast Booked) Danarama (100%) (28th June - 5th July Flights Booked) (Accom - Gold Coast Booked) Foolsgold (15%) Staffy (7%)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! GaF sorry to but in but I was thinking about this the other day and watching other members post about going for the $1500 event and after moface's success i was contemplating this myself. The problem with this is there are so few qualifiers so a direct buy in is probably on the cards but when you think about it most plers can set that and reach that as a target within a year (I know a few of us have done it in the past month ;)). So my point is why dont we have a mighty CHAAAARGE at the £1500 event and with a good PL percentage in a smaller field there could be a small chance of a PL bracelet and a lot of banter along the way (polo shirts and everything). Lets not forget about the main event but I and I know at least 6 others already want to go for the £1500 event so can we set this up as a thread and make it a target over the coming year :clap

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! Have to be honest - for me there is no competition at all between the $1500 event and the Main Event - the M.E. is the one I DESPERATELY want!!!! The $1500 event will be a good "secondary" event for those that can't make the main event - but there are FAR FEWER freerolls and qualifiers for the $1500 event than the main event - so the opportunities are less!! I REALLY believe the chances of a huge contingent in the ME are significant!!! I don't think the chances are the same in a $1500 event (except by direct buy in) because there are fewer opportunities!! Nothing to stop us taking EVERY opportunity given to us, for both events though :ok

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! Ill be buying into the $1500 directly(unless i win entry), but also dream of playing in the Main Event, so ill be trying my very best to do this by any means possible, including winning the $1500 and buying in hehe Will do my best in the freerolls/sats etc but at least im gonna be there and thats all that matters....may even book a flight now, cos there cheap as chips

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! Ok - have added a section for the $1500 event :ok The percentage figure is how close people are to going - if you intend to buy in directly regardless then it is 100%. If you plan to only do it if you earn $1500 for buy in or say $3000 for buy in and expenses, then the percentage figure is how close you are to having earnt your target to go :ok Keep us updated regualarly on how you are doing and we'll update the percentage :ok

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! I'm gonna have a go at it. This is our sport, playing in the world championships should be all our aims. A footballer wants to play in the FA or World Cup final, for us the eqivalent in the final table of the WSOP, for me a WSOP bracelet is like a world cup winners medal. The Main event is where I want to be, if not this year then the next. I agree 100% with GaF here, the standard of player on the PL is higher than average, if we take it seriously we can do it. Direct buy in to the main event is likely out of reach for 2007, so my aims are two fold, win entry to the main event, via sat or freerolls, or direct entry to the $1,500 event. My poker bank roll this evening is $300, so put me at 10% for the $1,500 event, to factor in some travel costs. If I'm short I may be able to top this up from my sports betting bankroll in may next year, but not going to count that just now

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!!

Ill be buying into the $1500 directly(unless i win entry), but also dream of playing in the Main Event, so ill be trying my very best to do this by any means possible, including winning the $1500 and buying in hehe
Me too. There are always the $1,000 mega satelites the 2 days before the main event, which I'll be having a go in if I'm not already in the main event. The price of the main event will be going up though, that I'm pretty sure of.

Great Idea:clap, any idea when it runs next year, i'll book the fortnight off now -
It hasn't been announced yet, but apparently ESPN want them to bring it forward a bit next year. It will be late June at the earliest though (which is what I'm hoping for, kill 2 birds with 1 stone!!).

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! Unfortunely the WSOP is off my agenda for a few years (young child and a heavily pregnant wife :eek ) - but it got me thinking that nearer the time a few of the players could play in a PL exclusive satellite to the main event - with a prize fund that covers entry and costs - divided by the number of entrants. Just a thought - but a thought that could have legs.

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! I have thought about this before cloud and not sure if it would work. I also though about having lots of PL exclusinve events with our sponsers and taking a % of prize money out and placing in a wsop fund and the winer of the league being able to go. But with my maths I dont think it would work. We would need a regular 100 players for the PL events and we dont get them.

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! The ME is what dreams are made of but I warn you now, this event will drain you and do your head in completlely from what I saw. Being in Vegas for more than 5 days starts to get tiresome, but for 2 weeks or more, well, I'd go fcukin nuts personally. :loon I'll be buying into the $1500 event, as will Pene. :ok

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! Your right paul it was very draining, hardest thing i have done, but what a buzz it is. I agree that we should all be aiming for a freebie to the main event, however, I think that an event 3 or 4 days before witha buyin of $1500 is a great option. Nearer the time I will contact chooseaflight who sorted out our package, but i reckon in total with entrance you will be looking at about £1600, which includes digs and flight. So come on PL`s, get winning and withdraw 50% each time in to neteller and I reckon there will be a lot of us there. Joe

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! GaF I have already earnt enough through poker in the past couple of months for a direct buy in to the $1500 so seeing as so many want to do that I am 100% in as well I have withdrew from various accounts and totally emptied others like, GP, naked and 32red and started a vegas account at the Building society. Just need to earn travel & spends now :\ But like others have stated I will make an effort for the ME and there is always the super sng's when you get there. (ps Paul was you sure it was Vegas that mashed your head and not Burnley Joe for 5 days :eek)

Re: Project WSOP 2007 - BELIEVE!!!!! as some of you have been this year can someone give me a realistic figure on the $1500 buy in so flights, accommodation, food, and general expenses like taxi's etc etc how many days I would need to be there? how easy is it to just turn up and get accommo at a travel lodge/days inn etc? any advice most appreciated Damo

as some of you have been this year can someone give me a realistic figure on the $1500 buy in so flights, accommodation, food, and general expenses like taxi's etc etc how many days I would need to be there? how easy is it to just turn up and get accommo at a travel lodge/days inn etc? any advice most appreciated Damo
You just hit those Black Jack tables at the Bellagio and you'll be fine :ok :nana

But as Pen said, play Blackjack and you`ll be laughing!
Yes, if you play perfect basic strategy, the house only has about a 1% edge. So if my maths is right, that means you're almost guaranteed to make money. :unsure