August Champions League - Sporting Odds

avongirl

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds Sent an email last night at 8.45 and not yet had even an automated acknowledgement.:@ Will try live help if no response by tonight. I will not be playing tomorrow if it's turbo - I can play safety net if I want a quick thrill. :lol A quick look at the other games in the lobby for the month and they all seem to be set up the same. Still hoping it's a mistake. A mix of games over the month would be quite a good idea, say 5 turbo, 5 normal and 5 deep, as this would reward different player skills, but to have them all turbo doesn't make it a 'Champion's' league to me. :\

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds reply received from SO re last night, part of which says We are sorry to hear you found this change of format confusing - although we would point out that the blind level and time limits were clearly displayed at the point of registration. Although we have has some positive feedback regarding last night's tourney we are aware that some regular players would prefer the format to revert to it's old status. As such, we have restructured the future tournaments. but it doesn't go on to say how it has been 'restructured' !

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds I've got basically the same email, received just after 6.00.

"Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear you found this change of format confusing (a slight rush of blood to the head from Boss it seems!) - although we would also point out that the blind level and time limits were displayed at the point of registration.

Although we have actually had some positive feedback regarding last night's tourney we are aware that most regular players would prefer the format to revert to it's old status. As such, we are restructuring the future tournaments." It goes on to say they are returning $3 to my account, although I didn't actually ask for a refund (might have done, depending on their reply!) so I'm happy with the outcome so far, but will check the blinds carefully before I enter tomorrow to see how they've restructured. :)

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds

Judging by the way i read the email runa' date=' id say that this month will remain a turbo game, and any future months would be reverting back to the usual structure? anyone else think the same?[/quote'] reading it slower :wall I think I agree

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds I got a refund as well :tongue2 Dear Brian, Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear you found this change of format confusing (a slight rush of blood to the head from Boss it seems!) - although we would also point out that the blind level and time limits were displayed at the point of registration. Although we have actually had some positive feedback regarding last night's tourney we are aware that most regular players would prefer the format to revert to it's old status. As such, we are restructuring the future tournaments. I'm afraid we can't automatically refund all players for this tournament as clearly many clients were well aware of what they were entering and went on to do well. However, we have placed $3 into your account as an apology for any confusion caused. Kind regards, Jim Folliard Customer Care Supervisor SportingOdds.com

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds I'm going to respond to my email and say I think variety would be a good thing. Since this is 'Champions' League it would reflect the title better if they did mix it up abit. We could then chose to play the rounds we want. What the complaints were about was the fact there was no warning of the change and that the whole tournament seemed to have turned into a lottery. :eyes However, could have been an interesting experiment to see if the same players did well over the whole month - what degree of skill over luck in turbo? :unsure

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds Good luck everyone, will give it a miss as I'm in the 50 up thing and unfortunately can only deal with one thing at a time, and as I've only $18 dollars left in my account sitting out would be a waste. Will probably bomb out in the 50 up after 2mins ;) but never mind.

Re: August Champions League - Sporting Odds

Okay, happy without turbo atm :) Me 11735 Kashly 9845 Griff505 5195 Now for it to go horribly wrong!!
LMAO, just saying Jaded leading, soon he'll just disappear off the board :rollin Nice one MCFC too.