** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS

Must agree with rio about the draw in this race but I'm going with a couple of outsiders today Bahamian Pirate :clap An outsider with a chance today whos drawn well and a distance winner Baltic King :clap Loves it round hear and new course no concern after finnishing 1length away in 6th on Tuesday and drawn well today and as a good a chance as any. Firenze :clap With Fanshaws horses on form this week and a distance winner from the plum draw may be the one they all have to catch. Also with Spencer on board could make it the winning combination. Choockie Heaton res Speclative well drawn horse with a good jock on board.
:clap :clap :clap :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

.25 Ascot
1st 2 Baltic King 10-1
2nd 27 Firenze 5-1 F
3rd 16 Bahamian Pirate (USA) 33-1
4th 5 Borderlescott 14-1
Tote Win £16.90 Pl £4.60, £1.60, £9.00, £3.50 EX £87.60 SF £52.23 Tricast £1644.51 Winning Trainer H Morrison Winning Jockey J Fortune Distances 1 1/2l, 1 1/2l 28 ran
Weighed In

.25 Ascot
1st 2 Baltic King 10-1
2nd 27 Firenze 5-1 F
3rd 16 Bahamian Pirate (USA) 33-1
4th 5 Borderlescott 14-1
Tote Win £16.90 Pl £4.60, £1.60, £9.00, £3.50 EX £87.60 SF £52.23 Tricast £1644.51 Winning Trainer H Morrison Winning Jockey J Fortune Distances 1 1/2l, 1 1/2l 28 ran
Weighed In
That is some top tipping :notworthy

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Well thanks guys its just been one of those incrediable weeks for me with 6 out of 7 on Wendnesday and Baltic King my Nap in the Ascot contest to. No I did not do the f/cast or tricast, but had the winner. Although this puts me well infront their is still a long way to go and I'am sure one of you guys will hit a big one before the end of the season. Today the way the low numbers have been winning the sprints made it a 10 horse race for me and I was lucky to pick the right 3 but did think Baltic King was a good thing even though it was my second choice. May I thank rio whos reasoning for the race was spot on and anybody whos watched the Sprints at Ascot this week would know the bias to low numbers.

Points after 1st race Tank Maestro 14.25pts p/l -.75pts bowles10 13.25pts p/l -1.75pts RussP 11pts p/l -4pts mowgli77 3.25pts p/l -11.75pts ALL THE REST BAR socki1 2.62pts p/l -12.38pts sock1 -15pts p/l -15pts
Points for second race + results from 1st race THE % MAN ST 15 PTS RETURN 900.48 +885.48PTS -12.38PTS P/L + 873.1PT WFTE ST 15 PTS RETURN 72.98 +57.98PTS - 12.38PTS P/L +45.6PTS T MAESTRO ST 15 PTS RETURN 14.5PTS -.5PTS -.75PTS P/L -1.25PTS bowles10 ST 15 RETURN 14.5PTS -.5PTS -1.75PTS P/L -2.25PTS socki1 15pts return 14.5pts -.5pts -15pts p/l - 15.5pts RussP 15PTS RETURN -15PTS - 4PTS P/L -19PTS mowgli77 15pts return 4.5pts -10.5pts -11.75pts P/L - 22.25PTS whoneedsrio 15pts return 2.25pts - 12.75pts -12.38pts P/L -25.26.13PTS jtw 15pts return 0pts -15pts -12.38 P/L -27.38PTS FleetFantic 15pts return 0 -15pts - 12.38pts P/L -27.38PTS

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS SAT 1ST July John Smiths Northumberland Plate 3.20 Nc This is a 2 Mile Heritage Handicap and could you have your selections up before the 1st race at Newcastle on Saturday. Please remember you are allowed to pick 4 horses and to place them in order of merit and your forth horse being a reserve. Best of luck whatever your selections may be

SAT 1ST July John Smiths Northumberland Plate 3.20 Nc This is a 2 Mile Heritage Handicap and could you have your selections up before the 1st race at Newcastle on Saturday. Please remember you are allowed to pick 4 horses and to place them in order of merit and your forth horse being a reserve. Best of luck whatever your selections may be
Just a reminder

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1- DOROTHY'S FRIEND - Roger Charlton has an impressive 4/9 strike rate here and is certainly in-form after 4 wins from 9 runners in the last 10 days. Finished 6th [7l] behind BULWARK last time out but that was after a break of nearly 2 years and can surely improve with a 5lb pull and is a C/D winner. 2- MIRJAN - Won this 2 years ago and has the headgear fitted back on tomorrow.Has won on Firm going before so no problem there and the trainer knows the time of day when it comes to laying out a horse . 3- OLDIHAM - Ran 3rd last year and is back to try and improve on that , Jockey Travis Block has a decent record on the horse with 1 win, a 3rd and a 5th so far .Don't think it'll win but a good E.W chance. 4- BULWARK - Sure to start fav with McEvoy having won 5 from 6 on him

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1) Greenwich Meantime - Despite a bad draw its the form horse. Only failed to place 3 times from its last 19 runs. Won 5 of its last 6 including 3 for todays jockey. 2) Bulwark - Has won over the distance. McEvoy record of 5 wins from 6 rides. 3) Astrocharm - The big outsider to spoil the party. Has been placing in Class 1 races (todays a Class 2). Four of his 7 wins have come between the last week in June and the end of July.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Funny race this, 2m yet it seems the draw plays a part & the winner is often an exposed type like Sgt Cecil last year. I still like progressive types though & therefore, Greenwich Meantime Drawn in 18 otherwise this would look to be the perfect profile, needs things to fall right for him in a big field but likely strong pace will help, good run in third in Chester Cup from wide draw in race not run to suit & dotted up last week. Wing Collar 3lb better with Bulwark for half length defeat at Haydock, likely faster pace wil suit here & goes on fast. Bulwark Talented but quirky sort who has only won for McEvoy, hold up horse so needs things to drop for him as well. Had a bit to win on GM & done the forecast/tricast combos, out early in the morning off to the ODI cricket :beer Rio.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1st Bulwark - McEvoy gets on really well with the horse having won 5 out of 6. Likes to come from off the pace so will need to settle in mid division from its low draw & then make up ground in the straight. 2nd - Escayola - there was a tip for this at Ascot & everyone said afterwards to keep it onside! for next time, should be in the frame. 3rd - Astocharm - 4th in this race last year & a big price to improve on that run. Now aged 7 & not shown any form yet this season, Tompkins cam get his horses right for the big one. res - Mikao - effective at 12f to 16f & tompkins 1st choice. should be thereabouts also.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Tarandot Won a listed fillies race over 1m 6f last back end whoes drawn well and lightly raced but a big outsider. Dorothy's Friend Everthing looks good for him today, draw,going and distance. Escayola For me the dark horse of the race whos done most of its winning on this going and with tounge tie back in place today could well sneak a place. Greenwich Meantime res No doubt the form horse of the race and if it wins from trap 18 it will be the performance of the race, but not for me today.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1. Greenwich Meantime - a lot has been made about the high draw but I don't see it being that important over this trip. If the horse can get any kind of midfield position it will have a chance when running on at the end. 2. Bulwark - jockey gets on well with the horse and has a live chance today 3. Finalmente - Improving, step up in class and trip, lets see if its good enough

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Sat 8th July Totescope6 Stakes [Heritage Handicap] 2.35 Sandown Could you please have your selections up at least 1hour before the race which is over 1mile. I will be updating last weeks and this weeks together after this race

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS there was me looking at the Newton cup as well!! 2.35 Sandown 1st Ace of Hearts - followed it all year & should stick with it. Won this last year off 9lbs less. Not sure it can cope with that but...... 2nd Seulement - again, i noted this after its run at Epsom when it was an eyecatcher on its first run for Cumani. Soumillion takes the ride. 3rd Momtic - likes it here & was second last year although like AceOf Hearts runs off a higher mark today. res Take your pick but will go with the likely fav Hinterland.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS MOMTIC Everything in is favoure today PENTICOST A race he contest every year and won it in 2004 and although high in the weights as every chance of a place HUMBLE OPINION Bottom weight whos come to form with going and distance in its favour Ace of Hearts [res] won it last year

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS PENETECOST - Won it 2 years ago . KING QUAY - Unlucky in running at Ascot LTO. BEAUCHAMP PILOT - Johnny Murtagh on board a horse that hasn't run for 742 days ??? Take the hint. Res - DESERT REALM - M Johnston trained , say no more !!