** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS

THE WILLIAM HILL TROPHY HERITAGE HANDICAP YORK 3.10 SATURDAY This is the 1st race in the challenge and as you will see a very competative race and finding the winner will be no easy task. All your selections must be up before the 1st race of the meeting which is the 2.05Y. Their are 11 entrants including me and good luck to all those taking part. PLEASE PUT YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS

THE WILLIAM HILL TROPHY HERITAGE HANDICAP YORK 3.10 SATURDAY This is the 1st race in the challenge and as you will see a very competative race and finding the winner will be no easy task. All your selections must be up before the 1st race of the meeting which is the 2.05Y. Their are 11 entrants including me and good luck to all those taking part. PLEASE PUT YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD
THE RUNNERS bowles10 FleetFantic jtw1 mowgli77 RussP socki1 stewartd14 Tank Mastro whoneedsrio Working For The Enemy THE % MAN

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS iN ORDER THEY ARE 1. TAWAASOL - Has won without doing anything wrong. Weight is OK. Sir M Stoute will have her ready for this. Should run a great race. 2. BOREHAN - Although top weight, still has a great chance of shouldering it. Ran well in all runs this season. Will run a great race. 3. INGLEBY ARCH - Obvious favourite for the race. Fallon on board. Easily beat average field in a good handicap 2 runs ago. Hard to beat 4. PRINCE TAMINO (reserve) - Won quite cosily last time after being short of room. Burst through to take the race. Big field a worry. Could run well

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1st Pearly Wey-Darley takes up the ride can reverse placings with trafaguar 2nd Imperial Sword- Super consistant /bang in form could still improve. 3rd Mr Sandicliife -Comes late off the pace 6 furlongs optimum trip 4th Conrad(reserve)Irish raider still a madien however hasnt ran bad race yet

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1st Pearly Wey...trainer in form & will benefit from better jockey today. Expected to improve past Trafalgar Bay which it ran 2nd to lto, when TB got the run of the race. 2nd Orpsie Boy...good horse when it has good ground or better. Poor 7th lto on softer going, which hasn't done it any harm, especially as dropped 1lb in the handicap 3rd Trafalgar Bay...closely matched with Pearly Wey in very good race lto & shouldnt be far away from that horse Res Ingleby Arch...Fallon on top and good form this season incl easy win in competitive affair at the Craven meeting

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1- BOREHAN 2- TAWAASSOL 3- CONRAD RES - PEARLY WEY 1 - Hard to ignore top weight as he aviods the Wokingham to ,hopefully, take this Handicap. 2 - Sir M Stoute always has to be respected in valuable Handicaps , entered in JULY CUP , unfortunatly has R HILLS on board:unsure 3- Cost 100,000 gns as a foal and has shown some form at longer distances[7f] , first effort at Handicaps and could be a fly in the ointment. RES - Has K.DARLEY on board today and a consistant performer

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1) Tawaassol - Won at this distance, seems a progressive sort. Stoute in form this year and has a good record at York. 2) Borehan - Won previously over this distance and at this class level. 3) Trafalgar Bay - Won over distance. Finished 2 1/2 lengths behind Pearl Way when giving 4lbs, later beat PW by 1/2 length when giving only 2lbs. May have progressed further and only giving 1lb this time out. RES) Imperial Sword - Finished 1/2 length behind Tawaassol last time out when recieving 2 lbs. Although maybe not as progressed as much, this time recieves 4lbs.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Faced with this sort of big handicap I'd be looking at the race trends to try to narrow it down a bit. Their all 3yo's so age is out. Weight, highest carried the last 10 years is 9st 2lb & the lowest 7st 10lb in 96 & 97. Rating wise 100 is the highest rating & 71 the lowest. The draw, down the middle is usually the place to be here. Running style, York is usually an up with the pace track. Borehan is an obvious improver, races up with the pace, carries 9st 7lb & is off 100, would need to be group class to take this & might well be. Ingleby Arch, like most of these is going the right way, has looked like he's been outpaced last twice before getting up in the last furlong, will they be stoping in front today? Fallon factor reduces price. Trafalgar Bay & Pearly Wey have met twice this season already with the score one each, should be little between them again today. Tawaassol is entered for the July cup & would need to win this well to fly that high. River Bravo won three runner affair on heavy LTO, not sure this fast 6f will suit & might find things happening too fast for him today. Prince Tamino has a penalty, only six have tried to win this with a pen & only one was placed. Imperial Sword looks held by Tawaassol from their last run. I thinking the winner should be from this shortlist so one of the others should romp in! :unsure I'll go with, Pearly Wey, trainer in form, middlish draw, races up there. Trafalgar Bay, closely handicapped with Pearly Wey, trainer has had two placed in this from just three runners. Tawaassol, trainer in form, middle draw, well entered, looks nicely weighted. Good luck, Rio.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 3 selections are: Ingleby Arch - Fallon on board helps make my mind up when choosing this. The horse might need a little extra today and only Fallon can get that out of a horse. In decent form and low draw which I think will help. High Curragh - Has the best topspeed rating in the Racing Post and you have to respect Kevin Ryans runners at the moment. He had another good winner yesterday at York and I expect this to be at least placed. Gallery Girl - An outsider but has placed form at group level. Will need to be at its best today to have any chance but seems like could be value at around 33-1. Reserve Tawaassol - The stoute factor. Progressive horse for an in form trainer and is well capable of taking a race like this. Good Luck to everyone :ok

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1. Sunrise safari - Semple fitted the visor LTO, which worked wonders it bolted up by 5L in an ordinary race. Unlucky 3rd in the National stakes last year at Sandown, lost its way after that but has returned to form this year. 2. River Bravo - trainer has talked it up during the week & advised it needs good ground. He wouldnt be running it if he wasnt sure. i'll take the chance. 3. Prince Tamino - won nicely 5 days ago & will strip fit. res:Pearley Wey - the one i fancied originally, but just vulnerable to a fast finisher & feel it may get caught yet again.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Imperial Sword May just have the beating of Tawaassol today as both were finnishing strong at the end of LTO race that Tawaasol won. Tawaassol No doubt trained by won ot the best in country and all his horses need a second look but may get pipped today Ingleby Arch Fallon on board should put him up there with a EW chance. King Orchisios[ res ] Speclative reserve who was going to be my third choice who had a good 2yr old campain but does as not lived up to expectations.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Well done bowles10 the only one to find the winner in his 3 selections Also Tank Maestro managed 2 places at 40/1 and 9/1 and RussP found the 40/1,a lot of us had Tawaassol 13/2 that also placed and another had the 9/1 shot Please remember you can choose 4 selections in case of a late non runner. All p/l will be up as soon as time permits.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS

Well done bowles10 the only one to find the winner in his 3 selections Also Tank Maestro managed 2 places at 40/1 and 9/1 and RussP found the 40/1,a lot of us had Tawaassol 13/2 that also placed and another had the 9/1 shot Please remember you can choose 4 selections in case of a late non runner. All p/l will be up as soon as time permits.
:clap nice one % man, its a good thread & as usual we managed to pick the 1st 4 amongst us, even though it included a 40/1 shot

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Points after 1st race Tank Maestro 14.25pts p/l -.75pts bowles10 13.25pts p/l -1.75pts RussP 11pts p/l -4pts mowgli77 3.25pts p/l -11.75pts ALL THE REST BAR socki1 2.62pts p/l -12.38pts sock1 -15pts p/l -15pts

The Wokingham Another dead easy 6f handicap :loon Ok first of all after whats gone on from the first four days discard the top half of the draw, so stall 15 upwards is cut. There was a dead heat in 03 so there have been 11 winners in the last 10 years, 10 of these 11 finished in the first three LTO, discard any runner not in the first three LTO. Nine of the 11 were 4yo's or 5yo's so ditch those 6yo+ This leaves a shortlist of, One Putra Kostar Beaver Patrol Firenze The highest weight carried to win is 9st 7lb twice & the highest rating 102 also twice. One Putra is off 102 but a 5lb penalty takes him up to 107 & a weight of 9st 11lb, this is quite an ask. Beaver Patrol & Firenze both have 5lb pens as well which actually has worked in their favour it's, allowed them to creep into the race at the bottom. I'll go for, Firenze, 7's taken at Ladbrokes Kostar 16's taken at Bet365 Beaver Patrol 16's taken at Totesport One Putra is the reserve. Rio.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Sticking to RIO'S stats cuts the number of selections right down , so for me it's - 1- BEAVER PATROL -4yo - All his 4 wins at 6f have been on G-F ; experienced in a big field; Trainer in decent form and has a decent draw - 11. 2- KOSTAR - 5yo 3 wins at 6f have been on G-F ; Trainer in very good form ; Decent draw - 12 3- ZOMERLUST - 4yo Decent outside chance ; Ran well in CLASS 2 races and never beaten by much ; Drawn 28 of 28 so if theres an upset in the draw this could be the one!! Res - FIRENZE - Great Trainer/Jockey combination , in form , Good draw.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS My Wokingham selections may just surprise you all as they all come from a high draw. I may have it completely wrong but, at the risk of being different, here goes:- 1st ZOMERLUST (50/1) - Come from behind horse so this draw may just suit and keep it out of trouble 2nd MUTAMARED (14/1) - Very consistent. Again, likes to come late so draw ok. Disappointed lto but track didnt suit. 3rd COMMANDO SCOTT (66/1) - Low weight and running well. Reserve: 4th JUDD STREET (40/1) - Consistent type. Won its last 2 over 6f.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1stPeace offering- Draw/Handicap mark/ gound/trip . 2nd Baltic King - Low draw vital Ran well in the group 2 race earlier in the week ,should be there or there abouts despite being weighted up to the eyeballs. 3rdBeaver Patrol - Everything seems to be in this one's favour. reserve Fire up the band

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1st - FIRENZE Jamie Spencer, Fanshawe has a good record in sprints + handicaps + @ Ascot. Horse has won over distance and at class. Success in medium size fields, good draw. 2nd - BALTIC KING Record over distance. Won in med-large fields. Won on fast and previous sucess at Ascot. 3rd - BORDERLESCOTT Won last two races, placed in last 6, all over distance. Positive experience in large fields. RES - TEXAS GOLD - Has won in large fields and at class level. Likes fast ground. One of my fav horses but I dont think it'll win so this lets me include it as a pick so I dont feel bad but not as a main one. :ok

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS Must agree with rio about the draw in this race but I'm going with a couple of outsiders today Bahamian Pirate An outsider with a chance today whos drawn well and a distance winner Baltic King Loves it round hear and new course no concern after finnishing 1length away in 6th on Tuesday and drawn well today and as a good a chance as any. Firenze With Fanshaws horses on form this week and a distance winner from the plum draw may be the one they all have to catch. Also with Spencer on board could make it the winning combination. Choockie Heaton res Speclative well drawn horse with a good jock on board.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS 1st One Putra Improving 4yo gone from strength to strength, will have to overcome the high weight. Ran really well in Stewards cup with big weight last year so not too worried, but it is a big ask. 2nd Intrepid Jack Has the fast ground it loves, just hope it cam compete in such a big field. 3rd Baltic King Has been running in better company & must be respected. No 6yo has won since 97, but a place is deffo achievable. Res Firenze - should be therabouts but limited experience counts against it.

Re: 3 Horse Handicap Challenge YOUR PICKS (3rd Choice)Borderlescott - Has a poor draw but running consistently well, seems to keep on well at the end of its races and will need to today to stand any chance of winning. (2nd Choice)Beaver Patrol - Won in this class of race last time out, over this distance, on this ground, carries fairly low weight near bottom of handicap and is better over 6f than all the other trips its tried. (1st Choice)Kostar - Enjoyed the return to 6f last July when winning on good to firm ground, looked progressive last year. Described by Clive Cox as very talented when winning in May earlier this year and drawn ok. (4th Choice)Firenze - Trainer in form, jockey on fire, low weight, won last time out and has the running rail, stall 1 often labelled the coffin box and Spencer has to make sure he doesn't get trapped in.