Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This system is well based on Martingale ,i know and you know this can kill :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon your bank,this is a paper system based on form figs giving out bets based on form with laying the draw/draw result in a game. The crack is if i lose then next game i up my lay to cover the loss in the 1st game and to gain a profit in the second and so on ect. All bet lays are Betfair Bank 2000pts Lays are 20pts each Czech v USA DRAW/DRAW 20PTS Lay at 5.30 Betfair. System workings under wraps at presant.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, i'll say good luck, but i'm sure there'll be people lining up to tell you that, in the long term, your plan will fail as you use a fortune to chase a penny.... I certainly will not follow your staking plan due to the risk but good luck with your system picks. :welcome to the PL, by the way ;)

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i'll say good luck, but i'm sure there'll be people lining up to tell you that, in the long term, your plan will fail as you use a fortune to chase a penny.... :welcome to the PL, by the way ;)
firstly :welcome to PL Let me tell you Martingale is a riddiculous system and will always be destined for failure. My advice is not to get into it. Good luck to you if you do, but Martingale really is the pitts.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome to the PL, mate - using Martingale for a laying system @ such odds is a financial suicide, btw. The exclamation marks whoudl have been substituted by question marks @ the very least. Also would like to ask what the difference is between this sys and the other one in the other thread - they look all the same to me only with the word Martingale left out from the text of the other one.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought all this Martingale thing had been put to :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz many moons ago and when somebody comes up with a different sport to use it on we have the same discussions all over again. Is it not time to kill off all future threads dealing with this subject as we all know it's a waste of space.

I thought all this Martingale thing had been put to :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz many moons ago and when somebody comes up with a different sport to use it on we have the same discussions all over again. Is it not time to kill off all future threads dealing with this subject as we all know it's a waste of space.
these threads will always come up mate, and will be given the same answer all the time. Newbies will be unaware of past threads

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Martingale works up a storm,yes i know this type of betting is not what you should be doing but this thread is only a paper system no cash is going on these lays just tracking,in my real betting i bet level stakes the only way but will keep this thread going just to see what gives its really a test of my form figs for certain games. Lay for the 13th :eek France v Switzerland DRAW/DRAW LAY 20PTS Stats Seq,1, 20pts + ---------------------------------- Just for records Level stats 1 lay .1 winning lay 20pts+

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ran a number of Monte Carlo simulations @50 chance events over 250. bets 9 successive losers occured a number of times. That mean on the 10th bet you would be staking x1000 your orginal stake!!! To win 1 point!!!

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes agree with you but is only a paper system i must stress and will say will try this to see what gives in return,the system is not based blind on picking any old game as a lot of the games i will put up iam betting level stakes on a win bet on the said game,know the perils of martingale and understand its bad for your betting but just want to see if my selections can crack it :hope did i just say that:eek .

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIssing the point of putting it up then - you swear it's just a paper system (ie. discourage anyone to follow this) and hope your sels will crack it (but even then it would be a one-off situation VERY unlikely to be repeated).

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The point is that going over my selections from last season i faired very well at level stakes on win bets and looking back at diff bets lay or back a few things have came up that look good,now iam not saying that this will go again the same way and this coming season i might go tits up at level stakes as could anyone but all iam doing is putting up a thread to see what gives a return of profit or loss over the coming season, no harm is meant to anyone in any form whatsoever the only harm could be if someone follows this thread with real cash or who knows they might win money . This system is for paper trading only and i know the odds are against me cracking the martingale but this is what forums are for to put diff views on betting.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have looked at Martingale for the >2.5 goals market in the football. Starting with a bank of 1,000 units & starting betting/backing >2.5 goals at 5 units (odds >=2.0). I've never hit the loosing sequence (of 8) required to wreck my bank but I do realise that it is certainly possibly/probable at some stage. There is only a 0.5% increase of bank for each winning bet. Obviously if you are in game 4/5 of a loosing streak your bet to increase your bank by 0.5% is only returning around 3-4% of stake. I used it to increase my bank by 100 units. Nothing more. Is it suicide betting? possibly - to a novice punter? definitely. You'll find that you get no real satisfaction from these Martingale type punts; its bigger stress & bigger risk for smaller gains.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! martingale is a sign of a bad system if you have a good system then there would be no need to have such a staking plan to claw back losses. If you have a system and are even thinking about martingale then the system simply does not work in the first place. oh and martingale is for mugs

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river. The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back. Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream. "Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?" "Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly. "Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!" Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!" "This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!" "Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog. "Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!" So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current. Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs. "You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?" The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back. "I could not help myself. It is my nature." Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.
Hope you get it someday :hope

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice story Data I enjoyed it, ill never trust a scorpian again!!! What are the origins of the martingale system id love to know, its like an urban legend to new punters who believe it is an easy route to profits.

Nice story Data I enjoyed it, ill never trust a scorpian again!!! What are the origins of the martingale system id love to know, its like an urban legend to new punters who believe it is an easy route to profits.
Tried to Google it,mate?;)

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So generally speaking, each losing bet triggered a 1 unit increase in your stake? I think some of the comments above are still valid - essentially you've taken a profitable system and increased its overall profit gain by increasing your stake i.e. a system of ratchet staking. It wouldn't have turned a losing system into a winning one but it did turn a winning one into a more profitable one than by using fixed stakes. Given the strike rates you got you've done really well.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Essentially the idea was not to have huge bets after losers,as can happen with m/gale, but to spread the loss over the following selections. This was a simple staking method,which did not increase stakes too rapidly. Going to look at increasing stakes by a fixed %age rather than by 1 point. Good idea using the asians Rafa.