** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the losses from the unsuccessful bets included in the "run profit" and "yield" columns?
Yes they are. e.g. for the loss on Dec 11th, total stakes including for the lost bet 57pts,and total profit 15 pts.

If you'd backed using the -1 goals on the Asians you'd have had an unreal year.
For the matches quoted in Ose's table, I doubt you'd get the Asian Handicap set at -1. It's more likely to be at -1.75 to -2.25.

Yes they are. e.g. for the loss on Dec 11th, total stakes including for the lost bet 57pts,and total profit 15 pts.
I make the total profit something like 9 pts. Or am I just misunderstanding? When you have a loss, there's a 0 in the "profit" column, instead of a negative amount, and (for example), there's a run of three losses in the middle of the table, but the "run profit" doesn't go down.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck mate - always interested in these kind of strategies (even if it is following Martingale). can't remember but is the Half time / Full Time an 'in play' market until half time or does it shut down at kick off? i suppose if it is you could hold off for first 10-20 mins before taking the position in the hope of getting a better price for the same draw/draw event?? I agree that Martingale in the short/long term is a killer depending on event, however in this market I believe there are 9 possibilities? where as something like roulette would be 50/50 and kill your bank very quickly with a small run - of course the price is adjusted close to the chance (%) hence the reason to take best price possible. not forgetting analysis on the particular event. Nevertheless interested to see how you go. Al.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a case of backing the Draw/Draw at level stakes so far as 2 have came in at 5.60 giving a return of 9.2pts + based on 1pt backs with 9 bets given = 7 losers if backing and 2 winners = 2.2pts+/ = 9 pts out = 11.2pts back = 24.5% ROI. Will keep a eye on this :)

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winning lay on the Ukr v Tuni game ,came late but they all count :) Seq 1,1,x,2,1,1,1,x,2,1,x,2,1 = 200pts before comm Betfair. Into nomans land with the next round as it knockout and anthing can happen.:puke Next lay DRAW/DRAW Germany v Sweden 5.80 waiting to be taken.

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iam going to run a martingale on every league ,but some leagues on Betfair only give markets on 1x2 ect so these leagues i will lay the draws on a martingale system. The workings i will keep under wraps for now (thank god i hear you shout) This system is only paper betting no cash is going on. Irish League,bank 200pts Lay the draw Derry City v Dublin City 1pt 4.30 Betfair,:drums

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will update the above system when next game comes along this week on the Irish Fixtures list. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- WARNING//// Martingale can run your bank down so start at low amounts per lay/Yes i understand what martingale is and most of my main bets ARE LEVEL STAKES,just in case anybody thinks iam off my HEAD.:rollin ---------------------------------------------------------------------- This Martingale is one system iam using to small amounts but works out very nice,its a martingale on laying the over 2.5 goals in a game,how they are pick is under wraps until ive given it a good run. Martingale lay over 2.5 Bank 1000pts Laying 20pts a bet All lays are at Betfair. Todays lays CSKA Moscow v Tor Moscow 20pts lay over 2.5 /1.93 Haka v Kups (Finland 1st ) 20pts lay over 2.5 / 1.88 FH Hafna v KR Iceland 20pts lay over 2.5 / 1.79 -----------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Martingale Can it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutting all the side shows out and sticking with laying D/D . Martingale is taken on each league so each week from now on at least a lay for a league which is up and running with the 2 half results at Betfair. So the martingale is only on an indiv league. Overall bank is 4000pts / 20pts a lay for me its 25p a point = £5 a lay in total. Swed Allsven Hammarby v Osters 20pts waiting for price Betfair Happy martingale,yes i did say that:(