Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!

Sir Puntalot

Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!  

1. 1.

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Well played chaps, sounds like a great heads up battle....:clap :clap :clap Gutted I missed it!!:( What date is the next one please? I'm gonna put it in my diary now, so I'm not doing anything else that night, but sat in front of my computer playing in the virgin tounament!!!:clap :clap :clap

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!

Thank God I went out in third...my brain would've gone into melt down with that amazing head to head, well done to both of you. {Just one personal footnote from my blog... ''PV23pl scammed me with a 321 raise, early in the game, to take my blind of 50, then he only goes and shows the damned 27os, to laughs of dirision from around the table... so he is now on my hit list.'' ...and I didn't know who PV23pl was...but I bloody well do now!!!!}
:lol :lol :lol Now you know I wouldn't have done it late in the game Dodger, but on the button with the blinds that low.. It was TOO perfect.:dude Anyway, well done McGin and Norfolk - a phenomenal heads up tussle. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy I am starting to think that my chips (although cursed for me) are a lucky charm for the person who takes them. MoFace last wk laidbackbloke on Sunday McGin tonight Spooky.:unsure

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Great game last night! Really enjoyed it, especially when GAF went ALL-in and I stole most of his chips :rollin ... thanks GAF :ok Well done Norfolk and McGin... :clap :clap :clap :clap Gutted to go out 5th! My own fault, although I blame you Norfolk for raising before me EVERY time I had a hand... damn u! Then when you didn't raise in front of me I push 3xBB with K5 on the button (I know, what was I thinking)... and then it all fell apart as McGin took my money! Maybe they were working together...it's a conspiracy!!!:tongue2 Really enjoyed the game though especially as I have only ever really played freerolls and the occasional $1 STT/MTT. Looking forward to the next one... I just hope my luck holds! :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Congrats on the 2 finalists. Even tho Mcgin was one lucky B****** against me . Well done guys. On the whole i felt it was such a poor turnout in a poker tourney for this forum, in a competition with a prize anyone would love to win we had only 42 entries. This is a quality forum and you can tell that these competitions dont come around everyday and take a lot of hard work to get hold of. So i would urge people for the next round of games to pay around £8 and get their names in the mix for a great prize. We dont pay anything for the great advice and work that people put into running this site, so lets show a little appreciation of their efforts by making the next round of games. A call to all Punters Lounge forumites ''LETS BE HAVING YOU'' Now after all that ass kissing can i have my own WSOP seat pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.:tongue2 :tongue2

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Here, Here! I agree. The work that Paul & VIRGIN have put into this for only 42 entrants to enter is shocking. This is as good an opportunity that anyone could ask for to go to the WSOP... $66 (£40)... is nothing for this sort of opportunity... Come on Punters... let's make the next game a full turnout!

Here, Here! I agree. The work that Paul & VIRGIN have put into this for only 42 entrants to enter is shocking. This is as good an opportunity that anyone could ask for to go to the WSOP... $66 (£40)... is nothing for this sort of opportunity... Come on Punters... let's make the next game a full turnout!
Not to mention that, even if there weren't a WSOP seat on offer, these tournaments would still have huge value because of the V-points on offer! I know that $11 is more than many people usually pay to enter a tournament, but if there's a time to make an exception, then this is it!!

Not to mention that' date=' [b']even if there weren't a WSOP seat on offer, these tournaments would still have huge value because of the V-points on offer! I know that $11 is more than many people usually pay to enter a tournament, but if there's a time to make an exception, then this is it!!
You are so right Slapdash... this is huge value for $ 10... I even paid up just to sit out :unsure ...but I AM blonde... and Scandi... :lol Anyway, saw it as an investment if I had an early exit in the Champions League at SO... And I will donate $ 10 next time as well... :ok My game will change a bit in the CL tho, so more chance of an early exit next time... I can only use 9th place or higher... So I will REALLY play as a Scandinavian Muppet ;) ...and be ready for Virgin WSOP when I am out...:ok

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! I do not normally buy in for over $3 30c but have done on occasion - eg. Tikays Tourney on SO. This is too good a chance to give up and worth every penny/cent to play. And I thoroughly enjoyed playing in this last night. :clap :nana :cow

On the whole i felt it was such a poor turnout in a poker tourney for this forum
Isn't this due to the fact that's it's an invitational? First post in the thread says regular members will receive a PM.. I was hoping to be allowed to play, but clearly I'm not. :(

Isn't this due to the fact that's it's an invitational? First post in the thread says regular members will receive a PM.. I was hoping to be allowed to play' date=' but clearly I'm not. :([/quote'] Think you are able to play just PM the big guy Mr Ross.

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Regarding the low turnout. 1. I think if you read thru most of the thread a lot of people say they can't make Tuesdays(me for one) 2. How many people do we get on average for Sportin Odds Games(hey the prize money ain't as good but again there is value added from Sportin and a freeroll for 2500 dollars if you qualify) Probably a hell of a lot more reasons. And on no account am I just gonna throw away 11 much needed dollars just to sit out. I can only play these on a Thursday so how come tonight isn't a game. I think we average about 48 players per PuntersLounge league games so IMO 42 ain't bad.

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! only reason i didnt play was as i got a wsop seat didnt think it was right to enter to try and get 2nd? doesnt seem appropriate plus didnt want to put peoples backs up by getting knocked out by someone whos already in etc etc but if you get short im always willing to support the PL cause:ok

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Pokerbarney - It's "invitational" to all PL'rs - with 82 posts you are without question welcome. Sorry if the info in Post 1 suggested otherwise. The reasoning behind it was to stop people ONLY signing up to PL to play this tournament - everyone else is welcome :ok No game tonight because of York - Sharpe - It would be ludicrous to sign up to sit out - no expectation to do that at all. Overall there are 4 Tuesdays and 2 Thursdays. However even if you forget the leaderboard for WSOP, there is a lot of value added to each event and IMO it is worth playing just for that. Similarly moFace - It is entirely up to you - if you want to play, feel free to do so :ok Noone should play because "we're short", but only because they want to - the package should however be good enough that everyone wants to!!!

Thanks guys' date=' but it's probably a bit late now, having missed 2 of the 6 games. Oh well. :)[/quote'] No you've only missed one :ok Only best 3 results from 6 count. Forgetting the Leaderboard too, 50,000 V Points (Worth £500/about $900) are added for every event - still well worth playing :ok

Has anybody got their v-points for this yet from the first leg? Still waiting (greedy greedy)... was in as Davanjala1 Who should I contact about this?? GAF? Paul? :ok
Have dropped Virgin a line to check - probably won't be any reply till Monday at the earliest though - will let you know as soon as we hear anything :ok