** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf - The Masters

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf - The Masters My 3 selections will be Jose Maria Olazabal 1pt each way @ 34 expekt 1/4 odds 12345 Reteif Goosen 2pts each way @ 13 betfred 1/4 odds 12345 Phil Mickleson 2pts each way @ 7.5 betfred 1/4 odds 12345 All have good records here and apart from the Goose have won here. Olly's game has improved week after week of late on the PGA Tour and hes won twice here and obviouslly knows how to play Augusta. Not the longest off the tee but if he can keep it on the fairway then his putting comes into its own and he can have another good week here. The Goose has played well here on plenty of occasions and has before proven himself on the big occasion. However he'll need to improve his driving accuracy and if he can get it together then hes going to be another lively contender this week. Lefty won by a country mile last week and his game is bang in order. No one as far as I'm aware has won the week before the Masters and gone onto win here but Mickleson has the skills and game to break that record. He has played very well here over the years and has won before so he knows what is needed. Good luck to all in what for me is the best golf tournament bar none.

Re: Golf - The Masters

Cant believe this price now' date=' ive either totally cocked up or Paddy Power know something i dont. Half a mind to lump on again but you just know they dont make mistakes like this in big tournaments.[/quote'] He is suffering from some sort of virus. He did not practice today , his legs felt like jelly ( irish sports news). Could be a doubtful starter.

Cheers kev' date=' bit too late now as my money is down.:unsure[/quote'] Sorry mate, I've never had a good sense of timing! I'm going to go with 5 outrights each way and given that I think Tiger will go well then they are all at betdirect. Retief Goosen 12/1 JM Olazabal 25/1 David Toms 40/1 David Howell 66/1 KJ Choi 80/1 Am also doing 4 of those in top Nationality bets Top European Olazabal 11/2 Totesport Howell (ew) 12/1 Ladbrokes Top American Toms (ew) 20/1 betdirect Top RoW Choi (ew) 33/1 Skybet Good luck to all.

Re: Golf - The Masters cascade, thanks for that, if he is feeling unwell i hope he does pull out and save my money! DBDF, lets hope Furyk plays well, feeling the pressure now, never had anyone back one of my tips before! Some great banter on here lads, many opinions which is why Golf is so difficult and frustrating yet we cant wait for the torture to start! How about Freddy Couples for the Par 3 event tomorrow at 66/1!!!! ~ Only joking, its worse than the Grand National!

Re: Golf - The Masters Got two happy e-mails from Totalbet & Ukbetting :loon ,offering free £5 bets on US Masters,so done Lefty for top Yank(3/1) and Stuart Appleby e/way,top Australasian(8/1).The latter thanks to Billy.I notice you've had a good spell of late.Just hope i've nicked the right 1,mate! SJ have trimmed him to 15/2,:hope

Re: Golf - The Masters Bobby,

I notice you've had a good spell of late.
Thanks for noticing, best of luck although its bound to end now eh!!;) PS; Just had a look at the draw for the 1st day, Tiger, Vijay, Ollie and Furyk all in seperate 3 balls bang in the middle of the draw which i presume will mean they will go out at roughly similar times on day 2 aswell. Mickelson and Els play in same 3 ball, almost last out first day so very early start on day 2. Weather forecast warm, sunny and light wind for Thur/Fri, possible showers Sat and Rain on Sunday.

Re: Golf - The Masters Chapman from Racing Post has gone for: Retief Goosen, 2pts each-way 12-1 Mike Weir, 1pt each-way 50-1 Phil Mickelson, 1.5pts 13-2 David Howell, 0.75pt each-way at 66-1 and Top American F Couples, 1.5pts each-way 50-1 P Mickelson, 2pts 7-2 Top rest of world R Pampling, 1pt each-way 40-1 M Weir, 0.5pt each-way 16-1 Top European D Howell, 1pt each-way 12-1 J M Olazabal, 1pt 11-2 G Ogilvy top debutant, 2pts 6-1 C Pettersson top debutant, 1pt each-way 8-1

Re: Golf - The Masters i received an e-mail from a mate who is over at the masters he says the course has been altered big time as for the weather spot on david thats the local forecast for the weekend i was over there in 2001 the forecast was predicted to be perfect for the tournament ( aye right ) freezing monday pissed all day tuesday ( course closed ) par 3 tourny bearable tournament days perfect factors to be considered 1 the alterations to the course 2 the weather 3 the draw ( time ) needless to say there will not be may players slating the new conditions unless they dont want to go down magnolia lane in the future :beer

Re: Golf - The Masters Paddy Power are betting without the big 5 1/4 1,2,3,4,5. A bit of value could be Robert Allenby @50/1 missed the cut last 2 years but finished 2nd at the Honda Classic and 4th at the Bay Hill Invitational and was tied 38 at the The Players Championship last time out. His driving is very accurate which will be very important on this course.

Re: Golf - The Masters Ignore what i said about the draw for round 2, its not in reverse at all. Tiger will be out late on day 2 like Lefty and Els on day 1. Though for a minute Tiger was getting an advantage due to prime time TV slots. Finally had a decent look at the European market and decided on a sporting bet on Thomas Levet at 66/1 with Sporting Odds He plays well in the big events and hasnt done a lot wrong this year, played better than his finishes would seem. Not much value for me in the usual suspects at the top of the market.

Finally had a decent look at the European market and decided on a sporting bet on Thomas Levet at 66/1 with Sporting Odds He plays well in the big events and hasnt done a lot wrong this year, played better than his finishes would seem. Not much value for me in the usual suspects at the top of the market.
i was tempted BH, as i backed Levet regularly in USA last season, he done the biz for me in the US open (i thnk) where he was 125/1 & finshed 5th. Not sure of his record round Augusta but GL!

Re: Golf - The Masters my selections are:

SportGolf
EventUS Masters
SelectionPampling top ROTW 1/4, 1-5 (Each-Way)
Strength1/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingOdds @ 41.00 (Back)
ReasoningHe finished 5th here last year and recent form is decent with a tournament win just a few weeks back at the Bay Hill International which had a good quality field.
SportGolf
EventUS Masters
SelectionCouples to bt Bjorn - match bet (DNB)
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningCouples has had 9 top 10's here and is a past winner. His form is ok with a couple of top 10's this year. Bjorn has had 3 missed cuts in this event from 6 attempts. Recent form is patchy with just a 69th place 2 weeks ago in a weak field.
SportGolf
EventUS Masters
SelectionGlover top debutant
Strength3/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningHe won in Florida at the end of last season and this year he has had 4 top 10's from 9 events. He has also had experience on this course from his college days between 1999 and 2001.
SportGolf
EventUS masters
SelectionDi Marco (w/o top 5) (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 23.00 (Back)
ReasoningYou can't ignore Di Marco's record here. He has had 4 top 12's in the last 5 years, with a withdrawel in the other year. He should have won it in 2004 but for a last round 76, and he finished t2 here last year. For the bet I have taken out the big 5 - Woods, mickelson, VJ, Els & goosen. Place = top 5 at quarter odds.

Re: Golf - The Masters Just for a laugh I've had a couple of small 72 hole match-bet singles over at The Greek on: * Retief Goosen at 4/5 to beat Ernie Els * KJ Choi at 4/5 to beat Padraig Harrington I've no idea why but it was a couple of small impulse bets. :$ :spank

Re: Golf - The Masters Am steering clear of the outrights this year. But am having one go at a 3-ball this afternoon 13.11 David Duval to beat Ben Crane and Larry Mize. David Duval has been showing signs of coming back to competitiveness. I have the utmost respect for this guy whose game seemingly collapsed overnight. It has been a real struggle for him these last four years, but to his immense credit he has kept plugging away. A second round 80 at the Players will not have helped, but there were many rounds worse than that at Sawgrass on Friday. He is up against debutant Ben Crane, and old man Larry Mize who to be fair is coming off a decent finish at Sugarloaf. I don't think Larry will have the firepower to cope, and backing someone at odds on in his first competitive round at a venue doesn't appeal 4pts (from 10) David Duval @ 5/2 - Generally available

Am steering clear of the outrights this year. But am having one go at a 3-ball this afternoon 13.11 David Duval to beat Ben Crane and Larry Mize. 4pts (from 10) David Duval @ 5/2 - Generally available
Fortune favours the brave. I really hope you win this one! I'd like to know the last time Duval was tipped by anyone to win anything!