** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf - The Masters

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf - The Masters

i will have a few bets this weeks although havent won a golf bet this saeason :hope Leader after day 1 A Oberholser @ 66/1 paddy power 1pt
so near! nice price, probably could have done ew but went for the win! Currently -3 in 3rd after day 1. Got him for top debutante at 8's also!

Re: Golf - The Masters Well it went tits up for Duval, but it could be worse, I could have a massive fall out with the wife, then she cuts up my clothes and the only person willing the share their wardrobe is Darren Clarke - fcuk me who lets him out looking like that?

Well it went tits up for Duval' date=' but it could be worse, I could have a massive fall out with the wife, then she cuts up my clothes and the only person willing the share their wardrobe is Darren Clarke - fcuk me who lets him out looking like that?[/quote'] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: Golf - The Masters Eh for my two 72 hole match-ups. Goosen (70) just one ahead of Els (71) and Choi's (76) three back against Harrington (73). I'll take Lee Westwood (75) on with Ben Curtis (71) in an 18-hole match-bet for the second round over at the Greek. Lee's the favourite at (-145) and Ben's the dog at (+120). I take my chances with a four shot deficit which suggests the odds are wrong but I can't see Lee vastly improving from yesterday mind you, all it takes is one bad round. I'll also take Tiger Woods (72) on in an 18-hole match-bet the second round with Vijay Singh (67). Tiger's (-150) and Vijay's (+125). Don't understand the odds at The Greek myself. Obviously both Lee and Tiger can shoot better rounds than yesterday but would you bet on either of 'em at those odds to come storming back and beat either of the suggested players in a 2-ball? 'Value' plays in my opinion but only value if they come in!

Re: Golf - The Masters Curtis just about staves off Westwood. Singh started off well but has a complete 'mare to let Woods in. Choi's out (had no business opposing Harrington really,....what was I thinking!?) and Goosen has a 'mare to let Els in. Down a little under £50. Eh. :(

Re: Golf - The Masters Got three past the cut but dont hold much hope at this stage, the one player i have been impressed with is Ernie Els, doesnt seem to be making too many errors which will be vital come sunday as the course and weather gets worse. At 9/1, seems a fair E/W bet for me at the prices available. BH

Do any of you believe Crenshaw could manage a Top 5 finish?? That'd give me each way terms of 1250/1' date=' from a 5000/1 win price.[/quote'] I don't mate, this rain will have put paid to that I think. The course would have been long enough as it was for him but now it will be really tough for him and the other short hitters. I agree with Billy, Els has gone through almost unnoticed going about his business without being noticed and is a great price each way. I'm quite happy with my pick on David Howell though, hopefully he has a good 3rd round and can remain in the hunt.

i will have a few bets this weeks although havent won a golf bet this saeason :hope Top debutante A Oberholser @ 8/1 Paddy Power 2pts Winner market Darren Clarke @ 40/1 Paddy Power 1pt ew R Goosen @ 9/1 Paddy power 2pts Top 10 finish C diMarco @ 4/1 Paddy power 1pt Leader after day 1 A Oberholser @ 66/1 paddy power 1pt
a couple more additions to my portfolio for this tournament Furyk to finish top 5 15.0 Betfair 2pts Furyk to win 170.0 2pts Singh to win 19.0 2pts today will sort the men from the boys!

Re: Golf - The Masters I'm going to have a go on a couple of 2 balls for the final round:

SportGolf
EventUS Masters 4th round 2 ball
SelectionCABRERA v Els
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningEls is still struggling with his knee and I think having to play extra holes today will really hurt him. He laboured to a 74 in the 3rd round and a lot of guys ahead of him, if he doesn't get off to a great start and up the leaderboard he could well lose a little interest. Cabrera is moving in the other direction, with a 3rd round 70 moving him up to +1. That round had only 1 bogey and he looks to be solid and focused this weekend. Els starts 1 ahead. Can bet on this until 18.43.

SportGolf
EventUS Masters 4th Round 2 ball
SelectionD CLARKE v Singh
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningSingh start this tournament on fire with a stunning first round but since then his putting has really deserted him and I can't see him finding it for the final round. Clarke had been very solid in his first 2 rounds but as usual, he wobbled in the 3rd which included an 8 at the par 5 15th! But he recovered straight after with a birdie at the 16th and 2 pars to finish so perhpas that's the wobble over. Even with the 8 he beat Singh in the third round and I think he can do it again in the 4th. I think these two should be really evenly matched, so have to take the price, considering Stan James go 2.20 for Clarke. Can bet on this until 19.22.

Just out of interest. What do they do for the 5 places EW if there are about 5 tied for third like is the case at the moment?
rat, they divide it up. eg 1,2,3,4 3 players tied for 5th would then be 1/3 of your stake on the player & so on.

My 3 selections will be Jose Maria Olazabal 1pt each way @ 34 expekt 1/4 odds 12345 Reteif Goosen 2pts each way @ 13 betfred 1/4 odds 12345 Phil Mickleson 2pts each way @ 7.5 betfred 1/4 odds 12345 All have good records here and apart from the Goose have won here. Olly's game has improved week after week of late on the PGA Tour and hes won twice here and obviouslly knows how to play Augusta. Not the longest off the tee but if he can keep it on the fairway then his putting comes into its own and he can have another good week here. The Goose has played well here on plenty of occasions and has before proven himself on the big occasion. However he'll need to improve his driving accuracy and if he can get it together then hes going to be another lively contender this week. Lefty won by a country mile last week and his game is bang in order. No one as far as I'm aware has won the week before the Masters and gone onto win here but Mickleson has the skills and game to break that record. He has played very well here over the years and has won before so he knows what is needed. Good luck to all in what for me is the best golf tournament bar none.
Could be a great weekend if these all place with Lefty winning!:loon :hope

Could be a great weekend if these all place with Lefty winning!:loon :hope
well played David, sounds corny but best player won over the 4 days. Excuses galore for the others but Mickleson held it together. :clap I'm not sure, but i'm hoping that Oberholser won Top debutante as i had him at 8's:hope

Re: Golf - The Masters Pricewise did well also :eek

Retief Goosen, 2pts each-way 12-1 Phil Mickelson, 1.5pts 13-2 Top American F Couples, 1.5pts each-way 50-1 P Mickelson, 2pts 7-2 Top European J M Olazabal, 1pt 11-2
Disasterous week for me with heavy losses, cant win em all!

Sorry mate, I've never had a good sense of timing! I'm going to go with 5 outrights each way and given that I think Tiger will go well then they are all at betdirect. Retief Goosen 12/1 JM Olazabal 25/1 David Toms 40/1 David Howell 66/1 KJ Choi 80/1 Am also doing 4 of those in top Nationality bets Top European Olazabal 11/2 Totesport Howell (ew) 12/1 Ladbrokes Top American Toms (ew) 20/1 betdirect Top RoW Choi (ew) 33/1 Skybet Good luck to all.
Not the worst week in the world. 2 placed and top European.