** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Time for a Nap

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Time for a Nap Thanks lads - a decent day yesterday - lets see what today holds. 505 Warwick - Apply Dapply 5pts ew @ 11/2 Stan James If it wasnt for the 74 day absence, this would be maximum bet material for me and even accounting for that, I am having my biggest horse bet for a while on it. He has been in my notebook since winning his maiden and I tipped him up back in May, when I thought he looked well treated of a mark of 67 (see below)

330 - Apply Dapply 5pts ew This one was caught the eye on his debut last year, not beaten far by some decent horses, despite not getting a clear run. He made amends last time though, winning his maiden. The 2nd and 3rd horses have gone on to win off marks of 65 since then, so despite the race not looking all that strong, the form looks ok. He is off a mark of 67 in his handicap debut which looks more than fair to me.
He races today off a higher rating of 70, which ironically looks even more lenient based on how the form has worked out since then. In the race referred to in the above quote, Apply finished 2nd to Damika on ground quicker than ideal, from a disadvantageous draw. That horse has now gone onto better things, winning off 84 and ran last time off 90. Going back to his maiden victory (on heavy ground i may add ;)), the runner up that day, Sunderland Echo is currently running off marks in the mid 80's, last time out running Applachian Trail to 2 lengths in a listed race at Newmarket. You can see why I think this horse could be extremely well in off only 70. Ignore the run last time out when Fibresand didnt suit. Back on turf, on rain softened ground must run a big race today. This is a big big bet for me so if it gets stuffed, i'll be on the 50p each ways at Worcester! :lol

Re: Time for a Nap 345 Newmarket - Kenmore 5pts ew @ 12/1 VC Bet Winner of this race last year, he again gets his ideal conditions. The general feeling in the press is that he is not showing much sign of a return to form but from what I can see, his preparation looks remarkably similar to last year? Wasnt disgraced last time out and ran a great race 3 runs ago behind the useful Cape Royal over an inadequate 5f. Sandwiched in between those is a run on ground quicker than ideal, where he was disappointing. The stable had a winner yesterday.

Re: Time for a Nap Well that was a sh!t day! 2 losers isnt disastrous on the face of it but when you consider one was my biggest bet for a good while, it suddenly makes my betting balance look worse for wear :( Onwards and upwards! Does anyone know when the official end of the Flat season is?

Re: Time for a Nap 315 Catterick - Prince Namid 5pts ew @ 15/2 sporting odds I was tempted to go with Meccas Mate again who's form over 5f on ground softer than good now reads 1211121. After last weeks short head victory he is now on an almost career high mark and i'll take a chance and look elsewhere. Another who favours the softer conditions is PRINCE NAMID who has been running better than his form figures suggest and has the ability to win a race of this nature once things go his way.

Re: Time for a Nap I lied - found another one! 420 Nottm - Parnassian 5 pts ew @ 7/2 Sporting Odds This one returned to form last time out and despite a 7lb rise is still on the same mark as when winning at this track in November last year on identical ground. Amateur jockey takes 5lb's off which should help. He has won 2 of his last 3 races so looks good value for his allowance.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Time for a Nap Thought i'd best put the final figures up for this as I've started a new thread for the jumps. A couple of winners in the last fortnight managed to push the thread into profit - nothing major (+6.62 points) but an improvement on last season when I was about 60 points down! Bets: 137 Wins: 46 Strike Rate: 34% P/L: +6.62 pts