** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Time for a Nap

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Time for a Nap BLUEBOK - 420 Lingfield 5pts ew @ SP Looks to be racing off a more realistic mark than wfter winning 2 races on the bounce last season. Ran well last time out and a return to form could be imminent. 320 Chester ROMAN MAZE - 5pts ew @ SP The stable are bullish about this ones chances especially after winning over C&D last season, he has a good draw in stall 2 and his last run would have blown away the cobwebs 645 Hamilton - Obe Brave 10points win Ive been following this one recently and his good form showed no signs of stopping last time out when he won with the front 2 clear. Im going in again.

Re: Time for a Nap 345 Lingfield 5pts ew @ SP on: Apply Dapply - Looks on a fair mark for his handicap debut after a good win last time out Mr Cellophane - Giving this one another chance after another unlucky run last time. Im sure he is going to win soon....

Re: Time for a Nap 315 Beverley - Spanish Ace 5pts ew@ 7/2 sporting odds (NAP) Not a very original pick buti cant see this one. Was on a hatrick last time out when he won his group of 7 at Newmarket, finishing 11th overall. That was a creditable run in the circumstances and he stays on the same mark. He has conditions in his favour and a plum draw. 345 Beverley - Fonthill Road - 5pts ew @ 100/30 sportingodds There is a nagging suspicion that this ones best distance is 6f, nevertheless, he has won over C&D and has won 1st time out twice now. Again, the draw should play its part and this is in his favour, although it should be as much an advantage as in the earlier big sprint. He was ultra consistent last season and although he is now rated as high as he has ever been, he could easily be rated higher, with a bit of extra luck last season. Any rain to slow the ground from the current good/firm will be in his favour :ok

Re: Time for a Nap Spanish Ace 2nd Fonthill Road - unplaced... This is my last post before i venture off to Paris for 3 days tomorrow - 2 selections in the same race: 420 Newcastle: Ask the Clerk 5pts ew @ SP Insubordinate 5pts ew @ SP Insubordinate is one that JTW entered into the notebook and is yet to run a bad race this season. Well, last time out he started slowly which ultimately cost him the race, but he recovered well to only get beaten a head and a short head into 3rd. As long as he behaves himself tomorrow he can go close. Ask the Clerk is on an eyecatching mark of 70 - the mark off which he last won and ran well last time out to finish 3rd. He ran well in some better looking races than this one last year and i think his turn is pretty close.

Re: Time for a Nap

SportHorse Racing
Event210 Newbury
SelectionDistinction
Strength10/10
Date20/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>BetFred @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks the class horse of the race and with the Stoute stable in such good form, appeals at a generous 2/1 from Betfred. There is a doubt that he may ant further than the 1m 5f he encounters today but i dont think he will get outpaced as the going has now changed to soft. He has previously won on his only start on soft ground.
10 pts win on this one :ok

SportHorse Racing
Event355 Newbury
SelectionChocolate Caramel
Strength10/10
Date20/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Back)
Reasoning(£364 available at 3.4, 71 available at 3.45) This ones form on ground soft or heavy reads 1,2. Ultra consistent performer last term and only flopped last time out when the trip was too far for him. he will appreciate the drop back to 1m 4f today. Stable had 2 winners yesterday which is encouraging and combats any fears over the long break.
10 pts win on this one Also having a 5pts ew double at SP

Re: Time for a Nap Yeah good start - It will be nice if the 2nd leg of the double obliges in about 20 mins time... Shame about the price though - i thought i was being a right shrewdie taking the 2/1 but he drifted to 3/1 :lol

Re: Time for a Nap Hi guys, havent been around much this week - crisis at work! Lets see if we can get this thread back into profit... 315 Catterick - Breaking Shadow 5 pts ew @ SP I had noted that he's been unlucky last 2 runs. Penultimate, had to switch his run late on which cost him ground but still finished close to winning. Last time out was only beaten by Commando Scott, who is a notebook horse on this forum and who won again 2 days ago. He s also entered in the Victoria Cup at Ascot today and is not without a chance so the form here looks decent. Breaking Shadow looks ready to strike at any time. He has been penalised for his consistency by creeping up the weights, which is a concern but the amateur jockey takes off 3lb's and he won for the stable 5 days ago. The stable looks in good shape too. The last 8 finishing positions of Barrons horses reads: 1,1,11,4,2,2,2,4.

Re: Time for a Nap 220 Ascot - Zomerlust 5 pts ew @ 11/1 Ladbrokes 220 Ascot - Commando Scott 2.5 pts ew @ 20/1 Ladbrokes 2 against the field here - two horses who will like the conditions and who are in good form. I wont go into too much detail on Commado Scott, as he is a horse who a few of us have been following this season and has yet to run a bad race. This is easily his toughest task yet, hence the big price but i am loathe to desert him and he will be my saver. I backed Zomerlust last time out when he won at 16/1 (beating Commando Scott). He looked fairly treated on his past form that day and although he races off a career high mark today i think he has shown enough to cope with the raise. Trip and ground both ok and horse looks in form.

Re: Time for a Nap 240 Haydock - Angus Newz 5pts ew @ SP (NAP) The key to this horse seems to be the softer ground, which he encounters today. A change of tactics also helped last time out when he ran a career best race. If the same tactics are adopted today, there is a real chance he will turn out to be well treated/unexposed so ill stick with him today.

Re: Time for a Nap 330 Newmarket - Obe Brave 5pts ew @ 6/1 Coral This ones form looks rock solid, with his only 2 defeates this season coming against very good horses. The ground is stopping me from going in big on this one but he looks above any of his opponents and am very pleased to be able to get an each way price about him.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Time for a Nap Wow - on my worst run of form for ages at the moment, reflected in the profit figures....got my work cut out to get this back in profit but i'll give it a bash..... Bets: 58 Wins: 14 Strike Rate: 24% P/L: -145.47 pts

Re: Time for a Nap 315 Ripon Opposing fancied favourite Zidane with Breaking Shadow 5pts ew @ 8/1 Stan James Dazzling Bay 5 pts ew @ 13/2 Stan James The former was a bet for me last time after running well in between 2 horses that went on to win again. Last time out, the sticky ground wouldnt have suited but he held on to be 3rd, beaten by Imperialistic, another subsequent winner. The form looks solid and as he still looks to be in form is worth another chance on the quicker ground. Dazzling Bay was running in high class races off triple figure ratings in his prime but a long losing run saw him slip down to a mark of 86 last time, which was enough for him to win impressively. He has been raised 6lb's for that but if he has rediscovered his love for racing, even that revised markk could prove to be lenient. 730 Windsor Phantom Whisper 5 pts ew @ 14/1 Stan James This is the weakest race he has contested in a while and after a promising effort last time out can give a decent account today.

730 Windsor Phantom Whisper 5 pts ew @ 14/1 Stan James This is the weakest race he has contested in a while and after a promising effort last time out can give a decent account today.
AK is the man 16/1 winner:clap :clap :clap

Re: Time for a Nap Nice winner there AK:nana :nana :nana :clap :clap :clap :clap :ok Hope you don't mind AK but sensibleboy your tips are c*** start your own thread don't spoil someone elses :spank :spank :spank Keep them cpming AK:ok :ok

Re: Time for a Nap Thanks lads - Glad you were on it Galronix :ok 7.28 Kempton - Obrigado 5pts ew @ 5/1 Bet Direct This one loved the step up in trip 2 runs ago when winning a decent race at this track by 5 lengths. He ran creditably on his 2nd attempt, despite a 8lb rise on his 2nd attempt at the trip, finishing 5th from an unfavourable draw and a questionable ride from the jockey. That would suggest that he could still be well treated, at this longer trip at least. The long break is a concern but the Haggas stable is in good form and hopefully that will counteract any fitness worries.

Re: Time for a Nap Obrigado 3rd so a small profit of 1.25 Tody in going for BLUEBOK in the 310 Musselburgh - 5pts ew @ 9/1 PaddyPower He has run consistently well this year without getting his nose in front but he is down to an attractive mark of 72 despite a decent run last time. Conditions suit today.