** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Time for a Nap

Well, as the flat season is starting again im going to start my Flat bets thread again. First bet runs tomorrow :) 5.20 Lingfield - Mambazo - 5pts ew @ SP (NAP) This horse has been running consistently well over 5f this season. He won well from an outside draw at Wolves in January - an attempt that has been followed up by 2 creditable attempts there since, again both from outside draws. Results of these races by draw is: (Mambazo Bolded) 16 Jan - Wolves 5f: 11, 2, 1, 8, 6 (12 ran) 6 Feb - Wolves 5f: 2, 6, 4, 1, 13 (13 ran) 27 Feb - Wolves 5f: 4, 1, 10, 9, 11 (12 ran) Racing Post comments for the most recent race were: Mambazo had to race wide from his outside drawand did well, finishing well to be nearest at the line - he remains very much one to keep in mind when more favourably berthed. Well he is "berthed" favourably in stall 2 tomorrow. He ran well at Lingfield back in Jnaury, finishing 2nd of 12, so he has proved himself at the track. He remains in good form and can go close :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Time for a Nap

:well done Del Boy,this time next year we will be millionaires;)
Very good Carl :lol Yep a good start, although i was disappointed I posted the price as SP, like Tul says it pretty much halved in price since last night :( Anyway, a winners a winner :) Bets: 1 Wins: 1 Strike Rate: 100% P/L: +15pts

Re: Time for a Nap

like Tul says it pretty much halved in price since last night :(
Not just that - the price was some 11/2 early afternoon, 9/2 about 30 mins before the off and just 5/2 at the off:( Can't complain though - for once a genuince gamble came off:)

Re: Time for a Nap 350 Redcar - Pivotal Flame: 5pts ew @ 8/1 Stan James (NAP) Ran well in some top class races last year, arguably unlucky not to win one of them. He is one who will be suited by the soft ground and is proven at Redcar too. He hasnt run for a while (161 days) but a recent quote from his trainer in the RFO was "He's well, I couldnt get him any fitter and I'm hopeful of a big run, especially if we get a drop of rain" He has a lot going for him tomorrow and hopefully will get the result he deserves from hs efforts last season.

Re: Time for a Nap 230 Lingfield - Country Pursuit 5 pts ew @ 8/1 NAP Only 8 runners here so fingers crossed there arent any non-runners as this will reduce the each way terms to first 2. Country Pursuit likes it here and from his 2 runs at Lingfield has won once and been beaten a head. He is down 2 grades today from his last run, which is eyecatching and is looking in good form, as is his stable - Clive Brittains has started the season in good form

DATERACE CONDITIONSRACE OUTCOMEJOCKEYORTSPM
29Mar06Yar11Fmcl34y+Hc(11K)2/7Caribbean Pearl[11/4] 8-8 F Norton755376
29Mar06Yar7Fmcl63yHc(3K)5/14Almowj[9/1] 9-4 bR L Moore654449
25Mar06Kem8Stcl43yHc(5K)2/5Kaveri[9/2] 9-2 J Fortune83­83
25Mar06Kem8Stcl43y+Md(5K)1/13Akona Matata[5/1] 10-0 J Fortune75­83
25Mar06Nad9Fs3yG2(697K)11/13Well Armed[33/1] 8-9 R L Moore1005457
24Mar06Lin12Stcl54y+Hc(3K)2/7Taxman[13/8F] 8-10 pD Holland644169
23Mar06Lin8Stcl14y+L(11K)1/7Kandidate[7/1] 8-12 tS Sanders45106
22Mar06Lin7Stcl64y+Hc(2K)14/14Mansiya[14/1] 9-3 S Sanders59­­
18Mar06Lin8Stcl53y+Md(4K)2/11Picture Show[10/1] 8-4 J Quinn6065
18Mar06Lin10Stcl43yMd(6K)3/10Bride To Be[33/1] 8-12 R L Moore6360
18Mar06Lin7Stcl13yL(42K)2/13Saabiq[10/1] 8-6
I think Country Pursuit will be in the frame.

Re: Time for a Nap 250 Pontefract - Up Tempo - 5 pts ew @ 9/2 Stan James NAP I try to stay away from the racing when the ground is as soft as it has been recently but I got a pointer for this one from the RFO and i like it, so i think i'll have a bash. Firstly, he definitely acts on soft ground and if anything, prefers it. His record when the ground is soft or heavy is 2/21, 3/17, 1/19, 2/8, 2/8 He has been in good form on the AW during his last few runs so his fitness is not a problem - he is also on an eyecatching mark. His last turf run was in a grade 3 race off 71 where he was outclassed. Today he is running off 64 in a grade 6. I think the drop to that mark could be enough to get him into the winners enclosure. He is well drawn in 15 and with 18 runners, we will get the first 4 home paid each way if he doesnt quite come up to scratch.

Re: Time for a Nap 510 Hereford - Manolo 5pts ew @ 7/1 bluesq A rare bet over the jumps for me today, simply because i've heard that the stable really fancies it today. Sorry for the lack of analysis but thats all your getting! :lol

Re: Time for a Nap Being a glutton for punishment, im going for another one on the jumps tomorrow (when does this godforsaken jumps season end as its costing me money???? ;)) 235 Aintree Take the Stand 5 pts ew @ SP Ran an eyecatching race in the Gold Cup finishing 5th, when facing many of the rivals he races against here. Interestingly, he is not only now receiving weight but it is well documented that he needs good ground to perform to his best, which he also has here. I promised myself that I would bet him next time he ran on good ground so im doing that here. Of the obvious dangers, BoS still hasnt won outside Ireland, although the smaller field and track will be more to his liking that Cheltenham is. Monkerhostin has had a long season and made a lot of mistakes in the GC. These fences are pretty tough too.

Re: Time for a Nap 320 Lingfield IVORY LACE - 5pts ew @ 8/1 Stan James Runs well this time of year and the form of his last run is working out very well. Ran in this race last year off a 4lb higher mark and should have every chance today