Winter Olympics

Apart from Ice Hockey, does anyone on here have a clue about the other sports :lol :lol On BBC, hardly watch these winter sports but gonna have a look as its a big event etc..... Just back the Japanese in the speed skating, they usually win it, don't they:loon Come on, must be someone who is knowledgeable in the Luge event :lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Winter Olympics Too early to comment on anything, but have a few back/lay fancies. Luge events are not that unpredictable either, mate. And with the number of Scandinavian members in here, I'm sure we can put together a few worthy bets (have an outside speedskating fancy as well);)

Re: Winter Olympics

Apart from Ice Hockey, does anyone on here have a clue about the other sports :lol :lol On BBC, hardly watch these winter sports but gonna have a look as its a big event etc..... Just back the Japanese in the speed skating, they usually win it, don't they:loon Come on, must be someone who is knowledgeable in the Luge event :lol
LUGE? Zoeggeler will win it for sure - 2/1 already gone everywhere though :(

Re: Winter Olympics Some early comments on some Czechs Speed skating - Martina Sablikova is absolutely massive @ 30ish to win and particularly @ 6.80 to finish on podium in the 3000 m event (5000 m not priced up yet). Mind you, she's very young, a current holder of 3000 and 5000 m junior world records and has already some senior results under her belt - namely 4th in the Allround event. Unlike competition, she also has a huge finish (the rest rather start well) which might help (coming from behind on her own pace when they can't exactly see the change in pace. W Moguls - Nicola Sudova has also some results under her belt, and good ones @ that - 7.50 win/2.20 podium is another overprice, although she's not in with a huge chance, rather a lively outsider. W cross-country - esp. 7.5 + 7.5 is the last chance saloon for Katerina Neumannova, one of two main fancies in the eyes of Joe Punters. Not sure whether 3.70 w / 1.40 place is high enough or if sitting back and watching her will be enough - mind you, even though she got the silver in the last Olympics after finishing 4th in the event (doping case by two Russians - took half a year), the bet would have been a loser - and believing the Russians are refraining from drugs so the chances are level is a bit ridiculous belief rather than a fact. Finally ski jumps - fro the time being Ajkub Janda looks an excellent lay to win and to place in all events - not recorded any kinda result since Four HIlls AND more importantly, his coach, team and the association are openly @ war, solving their probs via media - excellent run-in for the Olympics. It even looks the coach will not be going to Torino @ all. If the situation doesn't take a swift change, I'll be a layer @ the price. Aerials - wouldn't touch former winner Valenta with a barge pole - but the price reflects that already.

Re: Winter Olympics Downhill MEN, today at noon! If you ask me, Miller and Rahlves are both nice picks for ending in top3. Miller have better odds, and I'm gona play him. Some bookies have h2h, and I reccomend Aamodt to be taken with whomever he's in the pair unless top guns. He's old fox, and this is his teritory.. Meaning BIG events. Also Deneriaz could be surprise 'outsider'. He was the best on last training session..which doesn't have to mean anything..but he's there. Could be a surprise tomorow, and have outside shot for the medals, why not. Odds are juicy. I'll write picks later..

Re: Winter Olympics Men's Downhill, Bode Miller to finish in top 3. Bode had dissapointing season so far. But now it's the time which he waited for. Olympics. What amount of medals will he colect? Well, we don't know that, but I'm sure he will go out there and be in top spots in every race in this Olympics. But first it's downhill. He looked very smooth in trainings and managed to have the best times in last session before the finish when he slowed down, to be able to have best start position. I believe in him, and first medal is in his reach. Maybe not gold, but for sure silver and bronze are definetely up to his reach. So, Miller to win medal, [email protected]. Medium high stakes. And low stakes on Miller to win GOLD. [email protected]. GL~

Re: Winter Olympics MEN'S Downhill, Daron Rahlves to finish in top3. Daron is first favorite tomorow with Austrian Walchhofer. He won 3 times so far in downhill this season. He's very motivated and ready to try to catch to gold medal in these Olympics. He's focused and determined to do so. He felt good in practises. At least a silver or bronze is minimum for him I think. So I take Daron with max stake to win a medal, [email protected]. GL~

Re: Winter Olympics MEN'S Downhill, Aamodt(NOR) to finish better then Kernen (SUI) Aamodt is old fox, and Olympics are his teritory. He has so many medals in his life, and so much experience. And he's always there, when it needs. Kernen have one gold in Downhill though, but it was just one great inspiring momentum of his, and he couldn't repeat good results after that. He's average skiier. Nothing more. I strongly believe Aamodt will do better tomorow then average Kernen. I reccomend it high stakes. [email protected]. GL~

Re: Winter Olympics Very difficult to handicap these things. It's almost a horse race these one-off events. Betting in-running could be the way to go, I suppose. The biathlon is a fooking lottery! I'm looking at the men's 2 x 15km Pursuit right now on Eurosport. BLOODY HELL!! How the hell do you handicap that properly?! I wanted to put some money in the women's 2 x 7.5km pursuit earlier and I should have as the winner Kristina Smigun was available as high as 6/1 in-running! :( I'm gonna put a fiver on Lukas Bauer at 6/1 with Ladbrokes just because.

There was a shout in the paper today for Finland to win the mens ice hockey @ 30/1??? they are 21.0 on betfair They mention that quite a few teams have players missing & Finland have a reasonable team. anyone help with this one as i know f all about ice hockey
Yeah I saw that too bowles, in the NOTW. Sounds a nice price 30's but I'm gonna hunt around for that sort of price before I commit myself.

Re: Winter Olympics Anything can happen for sure, but it's hard to see past Canada, Czechs, USA, Sweden in the semis with maybe Russians with a chance (doubt it) and Finland a really outside chance. Might be also Slovaks (similar style to Czech) if luck is on their side (somehow doubt it as well).

Re: Winter Olympics Alpine skiing, Combined, MEN Svindal (NOR) to finish in top3 places. Svindal is young Norwegian alpine skiing hope. He had ups and downs this season. Some good and some not that good results. He was the best in training downhill session. He felt good on the track as he said. And that's good sign. He's versatile and well cappable to do good on his day, and why not even chase a medal. Outsiders will have their say in these Olympics. Svindal might be the Deneriaz of Combined. Worth a shot. Svindal to finish top 3, [email protected]. Svindal to win gold, [email protected]. 2/10

Re: Winter Olympics Alpine skiing, Combined, MEN Shonfelder (AUT) to finish top3 Again good price for a skiier which is very capable to fight for medals. And more then Svindal. He did good in last couple of Combined in world cup, which is very important thing to have in mind. His strong point is Slalom, and if he can run some decent time in Downhill, he will be in top spots for sure. Shonfelder to finish in top 3 positions, [email protected]. Shonfleder to win gold, [email protected]. 2/10

Re: Winter Olympics Alpine skiing, Combined, MEN Bode Miller (USA) to win gold. Bode was fifth in the downhill couple of days ago. And that's a good sign. He's in good form. If he just don't fall down or miss a gate, he has good chances to make it top 3 imo. And win a gold also, why not. But, 'only' if he don't make big mistakes in slalom.. But anyway, he deserves to be taken.. He's the best all rounder between them all. And it's time he has some luck. Miller to win gold. [email protected]. 4/10 And Miller to be in top3 [email protected]. 9/10

Re: Winter Olympics Alpine skiing, Combined, MEN Giorgio Rocca to win gold. Rocca is the man of the Slalom this year. He won 5 races in a row. In downhill he's average, and infact he isn't racing downhiall exept in Combined events, but despite that, he is able to do good and fix things with Slalom race, and fight for medals. So far in Combined events in World Cup he didn't look too much determined, but I'm sure in this Olympics in his country, he'll do his best to win a medal even in this contest. And then later to concentrate full on Slalom race, 10 days from now. So he must be taken with few units. Rocca to win gold, [email protected] 3/10 Rocca to finish in top 3, [email protected] 6/10 GL~ kamei

There was a shout in the paper today for Finland to win the mens ice hockey @ 30/1??? they are 21.0 on betfair They mention that quite a few teams have players missing & Finland have a reasonable team. anyone help with this one as i know f all about ice hockey
Finland won 1st match 5-0 vs Swiss today.

They mention that quite a few teams have players missing & Finland have a reasonable team.
Actually, I have found out the list of Finnish important players out due to injury is the longest compared to other strong teams (9 players of the basic line-up not @ the Olympics).

Re: Winter Olympics Don't read too much into these early games, just a few of them are of any interest, I'm afraid (like Russia v Slovakia right now). The rest of them are "must" games in which teams of completely different quality meet. BTW, not sure where B365 are taking their period totals from - OVER 1 goal in each period of the Russia match priced up @ 1.62 even after two high-scoring periods which qualifies as nicely priced money buying;)