** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Winter Olympics

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Winter Olympics

What a farce from the Czech team in ice-hockey - in fact they gifted at least four or five goals to Sweden as they were apparently not playing at all.
So.. youre saying the Czech were the ones who sucked the most of these two? My personal feeling is that the Czech has never been good except for one or two periods in this tournament and the Swedes made a great game.. 7-3 says it all.. :clap

So.. youre saying the Czech were the ones who sucked the most of these two? My personal feeling is that the Czech has never been good except for one or two periods in this tournament and the Swedes made a great game.. 7-3 says it all.. :clap
Sorry if it sounded like both teams were poor - no. The swedes were actually excellent, make no mistake. But at the same time the Czechs suck big time, gifting quite a few sitters to the Swedes who simply had to score when they were in front of an open goal with no defenders around. In fact, it was the lack of effort on our side that really left me wondering what these guys (the Czechs) were thinking. Watching the Russia game, whoever loses (probably the Russians) deserves the bronze much more than the Czechs who - you are absolutely right - played well in the last period against Canada and in two periods in the quarters - so one whole match, but sadly in pieces. I feel ashamed by their big mouths first of all and also by the absolute lack of effort even at the time they were coming back into the game a bit (when it was 3-5) - the right nut of our coach even took time out when they needed to push instead - which all but ended any chance. yet again, great effort by the Swedes, they played good, flowing hockey and fully deserve to be in the final.;) Sorry again, Bamse, if you felt offended;)

You still confident about a Russian victory Tulenos???
No - the bet was good value at the time when it was taken - some ten minutes into the game and huge favourites trailing by one were suddenly available @ 11/10 to win or draw. Still had some winning bets in the meantime, mate;) Over one in the third taken again, as well as Russians to win the period;) @ nice odds again;)

Re: Winter Olympics Despite her slightly injured leg, Martina Sablikova is too good to miss to finish in top 3 in her main event - 5,000 m speed skating final. 9 really in contention and she's available to win @ 7/1 @ SJ. Sadly enough, only B@W of the Internet books offer Top 3 prices (1.90). I'm getting 2.20 at my local book for Top 3 finish and if you can find a high steet book quoting anything above evens (maybe on request), I'd pile on - I don't think she can win this, but would go ew anyway if this was available. As it is, Sablikova in Top3 @ 2.20 is the call - I commented on her also earlier in the thread;)

Re: Winter Olympics SWEDEN vs. FINLAND in the hockey final!! Can it get any better? I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Finland (and Mixer) on another silver :clap .....For the 50 km tomorrow I have and interesting winner. Have been thinkin about Anders Södergren as a fine outsider for the win and I still think he might take home the gold. Us Swedes are riding on a wave of success right now. In the end however, I decided to put some money on Pietro Piller Cottrer to win this one. Good on in the freestyle dicipline and have been in great shape in these olympics. Watched him in the relay and he was perhaps the strongest competitor in the event. To add to this Italy have the home field and have good tradition when it comes to the 50 km.. If anyone has any views on this one feel free to post!!! Pietro Piller Cottrer @ 3.25 centrebet Also Södergren has been preparing for this one for four years now and his physique is perfect for the 50 km. The confidence is great in the Swedish athletes as we are doing the best olympic games EVER. Im pretty sure he´ll make a great effort on the 50 km... Angerer looked really slow in the relay against Mathias Fredriksson and so Im going to bet on Södergren in a H2H against him. Södergren to beat Angerer @ 1.75 centrebet

SWEDEN vs. FINLAND in the hockey final!! Can it get any better? I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Finland (and Mixer) on another silver :clap
Yes, what a final it will be! :notworthy To your last centence: In your dreams! You've better start to prepare yourself to dissapointment tomorrow when Finnish lions eats tre kronor for lunch! :rollin In todays bronze game I think motivation will be a little questionmark, but after all they are playing from Olympic medal so I think they'll be motivated. And in that case I would think Russians to be favors here. They really have skilled team here and they have played good. And like Tulenos said yesterday Czech hasn't actually been very strong so far and especially their goaltending has been poor after Hasek was injured.

Despite her slightly injured leg, Martina Sablikova is too good to miss to finish in top 3 in her main event - 5,000 m speed skating final. 9 really in contention and she's available to win @ 7/1 @ SJ. Sadly enough, only B@W of the Internet books offer Top 3 prices (1.90). I'm getting 2.20 at my local book for Top 3 finish and if you can find a high steet book quoting anything above evens (maybe on request), I'd pile on - I don't think she can win this, but would go ew anyway if this was available. As it is, Sablikova in Top3 @ 2.20 is the call - I commented on her also earlier in the thread;)
Close, but sadly no cigar, after finishing in the new personal and junior record time, Sablikova was just edged out of the frame and finished 4th - still, @ 18, I guess she's in with every chance in future big races, esp. over 5 km.;)

Re: Winter Olympics Russia v Czech Rep. Have taken over 1.5 goals in the first period - they way the Czechs perform/concede and with all the question marks over both teams' motivation, I guess this game will not be a defensive affair, but rather a goalfest. Also, especially on the Czech side, neither goalie is exactly confident after conceding big time and with coach favouring none of them and unable to decide. Also, 1st periods in both teams' games were more often overs than unders. The price of 11/10 is appealing enough.

Re: Winter Olympics If Finland beat Sweden, it'll be the betting coup of the year so far. The one thing I won't be able to stand is the crowing from the News of the World's Lee McCreery whose strike rate is fairly appalling, ranting and raving and jumping up and down like a loon through boasting on how he nailed this one if Finland does the bizzo. By rights, he has every right to do so but c'mon, he's gonna be saying how good the News of the World is and that every punter should be following his tips for the rest of the year. Well at least his tips are 'free' and he's not a tout.

Re: Winter Olympics In fact, it's a toss of a coin - the final can go either way with arguably the Swedes having had an easier task and a few hours of relax more (but it counts mainly when you're palying the next day), although the Russian were not much of an opposition to the Finns either. I personally fancy a tight affair which can easily go into OT and even penalty shoot-outs. 4.25 avaialble for a regulation tie (ie draw).

I know there was half shouts for Finland early door but did anyone actually get on a decent price ?
20/1 was available early on and there was a post proving it and proving at least one of us got on on this very thread. NOTW seemingly claimed something like 30/1 was available, but most probably didn't quote where they got the price from.

I know there was half shouts for Finland early door but did anyone actually get on a decent price ?
I really have exciting moments in here. Not only Finland is playing on the Olympic final but I also putted a fair bet to Finland before the tournament with a very decent price. If Finland will win this one it would mean quite a big money for me (at least in my scale)and would definelity be the biggest betting win I've ever had. :hope