Winter Olympics

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Winter Olympics KAterina Neumannova is the best priced one out of the top 4 in the betting for the cross country classic 10 km event tomorrow and while the classic is her least favourite, I think she's go enough in the tank to get on the podioum @ 1.90 after finishing unlucky 2nd in her most favourite one;)

Re: Winter Olympics Prices on Thursday ice-hockey coupon are nothing to write home about, I'm afraid, maybe Russia not to lose to Sweden might provide some value. But I'd definitely stay away from the large handicaps as actually the teams don't have to trash their opponents and will rather save something for the future matches.

Re: Winter Olympics

Got a bet on S Ruddall in the womens skeleton EW @ 20/1 Set fastest time in practice yesterday, and although this does not mean much, she is certainly capable of getting medal.
:nana Second:nana Well done to Shelly - great last run, and our first medal!

Re: Winter Olympics First hockey bet for me in a while and it feels great to be back at it.. Italy - Germany Germany are a little thin in the offensive but defensively have great players in the goalie Kölzig aswell as defenders from NHL. The started out this tourny just as expected with two losses against the two big ones, Czechs and Canada. In the Czech game they did really well but the Czechs effectively killed the game with two quick goals. Italy are most likely the worst team in the olympics and are only here because as hosts of the games. Lost against Canada 2-7 and against Finland 0-6. A Germany with some NHL-players should be too hard a nut to crack for the Italians. With a win here they actually have a chance of making it to the quarter finals. The straight win at 1.65 is not interesting enough for me so I´m gonna spice it up with a -2 win for the Germans. Germany -2 @ 2.00 laddies

Re: Winter Olympics One more hockey bet... Kazakstan have had a tough journey so far and today will be no different. Russia have really impressed me so far. 5-0 win against Sweden was good for them eventhough Sweden werent at their best. The -4.5 on Russia is taken!!! Stan James still have the odds 2.00 and that is too big. As an example expekt that are good at setting the odds for hockey only have 1.65 at this one. Russia -4.5 @2.00 Stan James

Tip Detail
SportIce Hockey
SelectionSwitzerland
Date2006-02-26
EventOlympic Games 2006 winner
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 51.00 (Back)
ReasoningI think it's worth a shot.As we all know during big events there are sometimes big surprises.Switzerland has good team which is able to fight with greatest teams.They have already beaten Czech Rep., and Canada.Two very good teams.They are playing without any pressure and they are determined to make big result.Swiss hockey is still improving and they have better and better national team.It would be great for them to win a title.For such big odds it's worth a shot.It's a tournament and everything can happen and during such a event like olympics there are many surprises.I hope this will be one of them.

Good to have you posting again Bamsie. Hope it's going to be a regular event over the coming weeks and months.
Thanks mate. I really hope to find the time in the future and when the euro hockey leagues start again I hope we can have a party... :ok

Re: Winter Olympics This thread is kinda slow, where are you guys (Mixer?).. Got two small bets today after yesterdays upsetting results and I have to warn you since I´m betting on my own country here. USA-Sweden USA are yet to impress me in these games and with the new rules it is important to be fast and good on the skates which I dont think USA is. Also Sweden have a better roster with perhaps the best goalie in the world atm, Henrik Lundqvist and the best player in the world, Peter Forsberg. Forsberg was injured in the first two games but played against Latvia where they won easily 6-1. Having Forsberg on the team is very important for the guys and it is comforting for them having him on the team again. Sweden won the first game easily 7-2 the lost against Russia 0-5 which was a wake up call for them since they did well against Latvia. Since that game things are looking better and better and I dont see them losing against the yanks. Sweden have the motivation to beat them since they then can relax a bit more in the much tougher game against Slovakia. Since there have been some strange results this far in the games I´m going with a smaller stake to spice up things since I´m watching the game later on (of course). Sweden @ 1.96 bf Also found a fun bet. Daniel Alfredsson not to score @ 1.8 with centrebet is worth a punt. If it were a worse opponent I´d back out but a game against USA might well be tight and with few goals scored so Im going with a small stake here too... GL :hope

I like Canada today. Finland has secured a spot in the next phase' date=' and surely the Canadian would love to bounce back here. Any thaught?[/quote'] Not many thoughts from my behalf but I see your point. Canada will be eager to bounce back and Finland is through. On the other hand Finland have been really good so far and it may come to if theyre playing with the best team possible if theyre resting some of the players. At least I know that Ruttuu isnt playing after his assault on Jagr yesterday. GL if you go for it Rumlesen :hope

At least I know that Ruttuu isnt playing after his assault on Jagr yesterday.
what an idiot. Jagr was lucky not to get killed. Do that on the pub on a saturday night, and you will find yourself behind bars for sometime. Tulenos, if your around i would like to hear how the Czech will approach their game tonight? They have been a little shaky, so i expect them to come out strong against Italy. I like the -3 handicap at Interwetten.

Re: Winter Olympics Well, they certainly should take the game seriously. They've been performing well below par, mainly due to the lack of goals from the forwards - only defenders (one at that) scored last night and the forwards just can't find the target atm. On the other hand, it's very near the "win or you're out" game and with Italy being clearly the weakest team here, the Czech should stuff them big time (at last).;) Basically - the main problem of our team is the coach who's never been able to work with big-name players and they don't seem to listen to him this year either - why should they as he always gets as nervous as a virgin before the first sex and you can clearly see that on him, hear in his speech etc. He simply can't motivate the players and get them playing like a team - they look rather like Russians 4 and 8 years ago - all big names, but no team. Not backing our team myself, though. BTW, Hasek and Elias are out of the team for good (due to injuries), Kotalik and Salficky in.

At least I know that Ruttuu isnt playing after his assault on Jagr yesterday.
This idiaot should never step on the Olympic ice again, imo - good luck for him he didn't stay on the ice a second longer as he would get his rightful share from our players. This said, there was another mistake by our lovely coach as Jagr's "personal assistant" who should defend him all the time, was sitting on the bench at that time (and I'm sure Ruutu was pretty well aware of that).

Re: Winter Olympics USA - Sweden 1-2 :clap Unluckily (?) Alfie scored but the bet i did was miniscule so I´m still glad.. Am thinking about the Finals in the Womens tournament tomorrow between Canada and Sweden. Canada won their semi 6-0 against Finland and Sweden theirs against USA after penalties 3-2. Canada no doubt is the better team here and the best team in the world but there will be some nerve to this game being it the final. Sweden also have a good goalie in Kim Martin and I think they will fight with absolutely all they have here. The best odds out on Canada is 1.04 which has to be considered worthless. I´m thinking about Sweden +4.5 here at 1.75 with laddies. Any thoughts? Bet there are many fans of womens hockey here on PL :P

Re: Winter Olympics Hi mates. Nice to see some lively hockey conversation in here. It has been very good and entertaining hockey tournament so far and I think it's just going to get better. So far most convincing teams in my eyes has been Russia, Slovakia and Finland. But it's for sure that Canada, Sweden, Czech and maybe USA will find a new gear in playoffs phase so everything might still happen. It has been glad to notice how Finland's odds to win this tournament has fallen from near 30 to about 7. (maybe it's soon time to lay some sure wins out of it ;) ) First playoff round it's starting to find out. It looks obvious that Finland and USA will face each other in the first round. After what I have seen in this tournament I would consider Finland as a quite a big favor in that game, but you never know about USA. They have very experienced team, which might be at their best at playoff phase. Also it looks like Switzerland will be second in group A. They only need to win Italy for that. They might be wanted opponent in playoffs, so I think teams in group B will like to finnish third in their group. Would there be some interesting results in last preliminary round when teams are trying to get some pleasant opponent to face in first playoff round and some teams (like Finland) has no stakes at all in their last game?

Swiss hockey is still improving and they have better and better national team. It would be great for them to win a title.For such big odds it's worth a shot.
Swiss hockey is improving indeed and it has been nice to see how they have faced those bigger hockey nations. Also the league in Switzerland seem to be better and better all the time. Anyway I wouldn't give them very big chance to win this tournament. In my opinion it would be as big suprise as Finland to win WC in football. So not very obvious. Even if odds 51 is quite a big it isn't big enought (imo) to compare their real chances to win this whole tournament.