Winter Olympics

Re: Winter Olympics 1st period Russia v Canada over 2 @ massive 4.50 with a cover on exactly 2 @ massive 3.00 are my plays. Have made some nice quids on the games so far, but still think the compiler @ B365 must be on his pot/vodka again;) Not guaranteed in anyway but get on soon as the prices will defo go within minutes;)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Winter Olympics

Although the Finns were doing their best to throw the match in the last ten minutes (again - they managed to throw some three matches in recent WC playoffs as well). Survived though.
Like you said we really seem to have bad habit to screw (or at least almost screw) games at the end. My pulse is starting to settle down little by little... :)

1st period Russia v Canada over 2 @ massive 4.50 with a cover on exactly 2 @ massive 3.00 are my plays. Have made some nice quids on the games so far, but still think the compiler @ B365 must be on his pot/vodka again;)
Sounds good as (at least) Russia really have massive offence here!

Like you said we really seem to have bad habit to screw (or at least almost screw) games at the end. My pulse is starting to settle down little by little... :)
How many double Finlandias did you have to drink during the last 10 mins, mate?;) Let's just hope in a less thrilling (hopefully) win of the Czechs (although I don't trust them too much, but there is hoping);)

How many double Finlandias did you have to drink during the last 10 mins, mate?;) Let's just hope in a less thrilling (hopefully) win of the Czechs (although I don't trust them too much, but there is hoping);)
:D I managed to survive with couple of hot rums, but I quess double Finlandia would have made me good. I hope you have something strong in reserve too for the nights game, cause I'm waiting very huge and thrilling game from Slovakia-Czechs game too. And maybe one cigar for win after game. :) Both goalies looks too good so far in Russia-Canada game...

I hope you have something strong in reserve too for the nights game, cause I'm waiting very huge and thrilling game from Slovakia-Czechs game too. And maybe one cigar for win after game. :) Both goalies looks too good so far in Russia-Canada game...
Quite a few cigars in store, mate, just in case;) Hmm - the first in the Russia game could easily have got over 2 goals, but agree the goalies were a little bit too good. One thing - original No 3 GK - Hnilicka is starting between the pipes after a dismal performance by Vokoun last night. We'll see, after all Hnilicka didn't concede a single goal yesterday.

Re: Winter Olympics Well, the Russians won quite easily and supposing the Czech don't collapse in the third, I'll finish slightly ahead for the day due to two won, but two lost 1st period totals as well. Fingers crossed;) The winner meets the Swedes in the semis:) First SF Finland v Russia;)

Re: Winter Olympics Olympics, Slalom MEN. - 25th February. Benjamin Raich is not the first favourite in Slalom simply because he 'fell' so many times in World Cup races, even though he was many times best after first run. - But if we have to analyze he's speed and tehnique and everything else, he is without doubts best tehnical skiier around.. - And he proved that already winning gold in Giant Slalom. - I think with that gold he broke the ice, and now no one will be able to stop him in Slalom race. - Rocca won five races in a row in World Cup, but in Torino he's not looking at his best looking from his results from combined event.. And he feels pressure from whole Italy to win a medal. And I think he will win it, but not gold.:) MAX STAKES ON RAICH! He deserves it.. B.Raich to finish in top 3, [email protected]. B.Raich to win gold, [email protected] GL~

Well, the Russians won quite easily and supposing the Czech don't collapse in the third, I'll finish slightly ahead for the day due to two won, but two lost 1st period totals as well. Fingers crossed;) The winner meets the Swedes in the semis:) . . . Fri 4.30 (CET) Sweden v Czech Rep Fri 9.00 (CET) Finland v Russia
Good ones again. :ok We'll certainly have another exciting day at friday. :drums :cheers

Good ones again. :ok We'll certainly have another exciting day at friday. :drums :cheers
Oh yeah.. Pretty tough to predict these games I can assure you that? Any ideas on the games anyone? I see Russia as slight favorites against the Finns. Actually, I see them as favorites for the gold. Cant find a favorite in the Sweden-Czech game though. Sweden have mixed good efforts with some bad ones and I feel the same way about the Czechs... More thoughts?

Re: Winter Olympics Russians are rightful favourites, but @ 1.50 on ML? The Finns @ 2.50 (ML) see a bit overpriced, imo, although they seem to be bottlers of the highest order so I'm not sure whether it's wise to back them. The Sweden game seems to be wide open and books agree with the Czechs as slight favs on ML (1.87, while the Swedes @ 1.95). Will chew these over a bit more;)

Re: Winter Olympics Cant make much out of the hockey atm although I actually have the Swedes as slight favorites instead of the Czech. We have been more effective, more face offs won, better power play... But since I am a swede my vision might be clouded.. Lets just say I dont fully agree with the books! Have a good feeling about Anja Pärson winning the giant slalom tomorrow. She has already won two bronze and one gold and the giant slalom just might be her big chance. In 2002 she didnt win any gold and so this has been very stressful on the poor girl. Now that she has the gold in her hand she can realx a bit more. Have been watching her compete for many years now and I know that its always all or nothing with this one and she is so competitive... Ill go with Anja Pärson to win the giant slalom @ 3.00 bet24

Re: Winter Olympics Olympics, Giant Slalom - WOMEN Anja Paerson (SWE) to win gold The news is that Janica won't run the Giant Slalom tomorow. That leaves only couple of others that might win it. And odds on all of them are still high. So decided to take them all, and still if any of them wins it, it's profit.. This pick is on Pearson. She won gold in Slalom, and she's hungry for more. Anyway, she's first in standings in G-Slalom in World Cup, so she's first favourite. So Paerson to win gold, [email protected] 10/10 M.J. Rienda Contreras (ESP) to win gold This pick is on Spanish hope Rienda Contreras. She's having exellent season in World Cup, and she's just behind Paerson in standings for Giant Slalom. And I rate her as second favourite for tomorow also. So Rienda Contreras to win gold, [email protected] 8/10 Nicole Hosp (AUT) to win gold This pick is on Nicole Hosp to win gold. She's third favourite in my eyes. She was exellent in Slalom two days ago and won silver medal, and she looks like capable of compeeting for gold in Giant Slalom also. She's fourth in the G-Slalom standings in the World Cup, behind Paerson, Contreras and Kostelic. Hosp to win gold, [email protected] 4/10 Kathrin Zettel (AUT) to win gold This is pick on Zettel to win gold. I rate her as fourth favourite to win in Giant Slalom. She's fifth in the World cup standings, she's very young and talented, and on his day she can ski very good and fast. She's definetely contender for medals. Zettel to win gold, [email protected] 3.10 And that's four ladies that in my eyes might win it. All others are out of contest for gold medal. GL~

Re: Winter Olympics Also, in adition to earlier picks, these two should be bankers, if they don't fell during a race, but hope they won't..:) Anja Paerson (SWE) to finish in top 3 The news is that Janica won't run the Giant Slalom tomorow. That leaves only couple of others that might win it. Anja is first favourite, and only if she fell or something (hope not), she won't win a medal. - She's superior in Giant Slalom, and at least a silver is in her pocket. Only Rienda Contreras will be her big rival for gold. Others are not that fast. - She won gold in Slalom, and she's hungry for more. And she's first in standings in G-Slalom in World Cup. 10/10 on her for top3. [email protected] M.J. Rienda Contreras (ESP) to finish in top 3 The news is that Janica won't run the Giant Slalom tomorow. That leaves only couple of others that might win it. - And only two in my eyes that can do so are Paerson and Rienda Contreras. - Rienda is having exellent season in Giant Slalom in World Cup, and she's just behind Paerson in standings. - This is her speciality and she didn't race yet(if I'm not wrong) in these Olympics, so she have one more weapon then the other skiiers which already skiied in couple of disciplines, and are definetely beggining to be tired. - So, fresh and ready Contreras will be tough opponent for Paerson tomorow. - All in all she should end in top 3 easy. - So Rienda Contreras to finish in top 3. [email protected]. 10/10. GL~ ;)

The Sweden game seems to be wide open and books agree with the Czechs as slight favs on ML (1.87, while the Swedes @ 1.95).
Cant make much out of the hockey atm although I actually have the Swedes as slight favorites instead of the Czech. We have been more effective' date=' more face offs won, better power play... But since I am a swede my vision might be clouded.. Lets just say I dont fully agree with the books![/quote'] Czech-Sweden game is a tough one to predict. Czech has already lost three games in this tournament but looked good against Slovakia. Sweden hasn't either been very convincing so far and at least Russia just rolled over them (5-0), but I think they also has some capability still left. Tough guestion is in which condition is Forsberg? To win I think Sweden will need Forsberg in this game, cause Jagr will definelity be in good form and Sweden needs somebody to lead them as well. Althought Sundin is very good one I don't think he can compete with Jagr, but together Sundin and Forsberg are on the other hand centerduo which can beat anyone. So all in all very tough to predict and in my opinion Forsberg will be in a very crucial role in here and maybe Czech goalie (who ever that will be?) Maybe I would turn a little to Czechs side, but so does bookers. I think I'll put my stakes in livebetting during the game as I can first see how things are starting to turn.

Re: Winter Olympics What a farce from the Czech team in ice-hockey - in fact they gifted at least four or five goals to Sweden as they were apparently not playing at all. All the best to the Swedes in the final though;) Took over 1.5 goals in the first period and a draw in regulation in both matches, the first one obviously over, the other just about to start - 1.5+ in the first is available @ 6/4 (or was when I took the bet), the draw @ 10/3 @ SJ now. We'll see;)