Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

Hope to see you tommorrow mate. :ok By the way, me and jeffers were discussing your username. :unsure I was always under the impression it was Kev Shat, but now I look at it and think it could be Kevs Hat. :lol Can you clear that up?:lol
LOL. No problem. It's the latter. 2 reasons for it. Obviously 1st of all I'm a Luton fan and we are the hatters and the 2nd reason was I used to wear this really old and worn out hat/cap to Luton matches but my friends were so embarassed at being seen with me in this cap that before the start of last season they bought me another one. Well we won the title last season and when in the pub after the last game of the season we reflected on what the difference was and why we won the title so easily and my mate piped up and said it's down to Kev's hat, so there it is!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Got to agree with Kevs Hat ;) here and go with Dott. 10pts Win Dott to beat Lee @ 1.91 Betfair Lee did win 6-0 against Maguire and taking that at face value, it was a mighty impressive result. However, Maguire was never at the races that day and my mum could have beaten him by all accounts. Dott on the other hand, beat Stevens 6-3 and did so in tremendous style with big breaks and 2 centuries included. He really has improved a lot, from a player I never rated, but I am glad to admit he has proved me wrong and to be getting 1.91 to beat Lee based on his last performance is a great price. :ok

10pts G.Dott to beat S.Lee 5/6 Corals Not really sure why Corals can't split these. Neither had much form coming into this tournament but Dott played well to beat Stevens and although Lee played solid enough snooker to beat Maguire, he was also lucky that Maguire failed to turn up IMO. Dott's a solid all round player as he showed in reaching the World final 2 years ago and he'll have my money here.
Hmmm. It's not looking good at half time but hopefully that last frame will give Dott some confidence and he'll come out and play the sort of game he played on Tuesday night which should see him through :hope

Hmmm. It's not looking good at half time but hopefully that last frame will give Dott some confidence and he'll come out and play the sort of game he played on Tuesday night which should see him through :hope
Perhaps not! :lol

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Very scrappy match. Didnt have a bet myself. Anyway having a bet tonight. O'Sullivan to beat Ebdon 6-0 at 12/1 6-1 at 13/2 6-2 at 9/2 All for level stakes. O'Sullivan looks in the right mood and I just hope Ebdon doesnt play the talking taxi driver tonight and try to slow things down. :drums

Very scrappy match. Didnt have a bet myself. Anyway having a bet tonight. O'Sullivan to beat Ebdon 6-0 at 12/1 6-1 at 13/2 6-2 at 9/2 All for level stakes. O'Sullivan looks in the right mood and I just hope Ebdon doesnt play the talking taxi driver tonight and try to slow things down. :drums
Not sure about that. You can never 2nd guess O'Sullivan's mood these days and whilst I expect him to be up for tonight given the history between them, that in itself doesn't guarantee a Ronnie win. Although I do generally think Ebdon has a chance tonight I haven't got the balls to back him for the match outright so my bet is this. 10pts P.Ebdon (+2.5) to beat R.O'Sullivan 2.08 Betfair Ebdon very rarely gets thrashed no matter who he plays or how well he plays. He's gritty, tough, slow and deliberate which is the exact contrast to O'Sullivan, yet for someone so deliberate when he's in the balls he's as good a breakbuilder as any. In order for this to lose O'Sullivan must win 6-3 or better so that involves averaging 2 frames in every 3 which is far from guaranteed. I certainly think Ebdon has the game to win 4 frames and at odds above Evens is definitely value. Right, that's enough from me. I'm off to Wembley to see if I can catch the head honcho for a beer!!

O'Sullivan to beat Ebdon 6-0 at 12/1 6-1 at 13/2 6-2 at 9/2 All for level stakes. O'Sullivan looks in the right mood and I just hope Ebdon doesnt play the talking taxi driver tonight and try to slow things down. :drums
O'Sullivan wins 6-2 9/2 will do me for a nights work. :D

O'Sullivan wins 6-2 9/2 will do me for a nights work. :D
Good work mate. :clap Was a bit disappointed with Ebdon in the 1st session but he played a bit better after the interval with the odd moment of brilliance such as the blue to get back to 4-2 but O'Sullivan was very impressive. I've never ever seen him turn so many long pots down in my life! Not vintage Ronnie but very impressive given the circumstances. It's looking increasingly like a repeat of last years final this year to me. If he can beat Ebdon when he's ill that doesn't bode well for the rest!! Couple of bets I like for Friday. 10pts J.Higgins (-1.5) to beat S.Murphy 11/10 Paddy Power I think Higgins will win this but I'm not a fan of betting at such short odds so looking for a spot of value I've seen this. Murphy's gung ho approach will have to be at it's very best in this one because you can't keep giving John Higgins chances and hope to get away with it. As good an attacking player as Murphy is his safety isn't that great and in these tight matches it's generally that which decides it. With that in mind I'll take a chance that Murphy doesn't take it the distance at good odds. 10pts A.McManus to beat M.Williams 6/4 Stan James Given their 1st round performances I think this is a pretty decent price. McManus beat Hendry 6-4 but it could have been even more comfortable than that. Williams did beat Hunter in the 1st round but he wasn't at all impressive and will need to improve on that performance. Truth be told he hasn't been in form for a while now and he could well be there for the taking. Having backed Williams for his quarter with this bet on McManus I can't lose. Paul, apologies for not catching you tonight. Had a nightmare getting there and having finally got there and queued to collect the tickets it was about 5.45 and as I tried to ring you I couldn't get a signal :wall :wall

No worries mate. :ok My bets are so cursed at the mo. :rollin What ever I back, go lay it at Betfair. :ok
I must admit I feared the worst when I saw that Dott had made it 5-5. Not because of how he was playing but your record this season in final frames isn't that good is it?;) What did you make of tonight? As I said earlier I was impressed but then again I sometimes prefer the safety elements of snooker. I thought the slow hand claps were a bit harsh though, it was fairly obvious Ronnie was lame wasn't it?!

I was in the bar getting pissed after 2-1 mate. :rollin Did you notice a shitload of PL business cards in the mens toilet? :rollin Blame that on Kotp. :lol
I didn't mate to be honest! Did you try that clearance thing in the foyer? I saw a guy try it yesterday and he was going along really well and may well have been inside the time, every shot was perfect, he got onto the black perfectly and then forgot to hit it and left it over the pocket :lol

Can i ask the snooker experts a question thats been annoying me watching the ebdon v ronnie game. Could Ebdon have claimed the frame when ronnie left during it ? Whats the rules on that
I asked the same question, but because it was an authorised toilet break and he was ill, he supposedly couldn't, but imo should have been as he even stated after that he was taking the piss. :unsure

10pts J.Higgins (-1.5) to beat S.Murphy 11/10 >Paddy Power I think Higgins will win this but I'm not a fan of betting at such short odds so looking for a spot of value I've seen this. Murphy's gung ho approach will have to be at it's very best in this one because you can't keep giving John Higgins chances and hope to get away with it. As good an attacking player as Murphy is his safety isn't that great and in these tight matches it's generally that which decides it. With that in mind I'll take a chance that Murphy doesn't take it the distance at good odds.
:clap

I asked the same question' date=' but because it was an authorised toilet break and he was ill, he supposedly couldn't, but imo should have been as he even stated after that he was taking the piss. :unsure[/quote'] Thanks paul they didnt seem to know the answer on bbc either and kinda just blanked it.Maybe no one knows for sure what it is and its just left to the ref. Id be asking for a re match if i was ebdon. And no i didnt lose any cash.:ok

10pts A.McManus to beat M.Williams 6/4 Stan James Given their 1st round performances I think this is a pretty decent price. McManus beat Hendry 6-4 but it could have been even more comfortable than that. Williams did beat Hunter in the 1st round but he wasn't at all impressive and will need to improve on that performance. Truth be told he hasn't been in form for a while now and he could well be there for the taking. Having backed Williams for his quarter with this bet on McManus I can't lose.
:clap :clap You're in good form Kev. :ok

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Cheers chaps. Had a good day today. It seems obvious that my bets fare much better when I'm nowhere near the arena!! Early days but here's a couple for tomorrow's semi finals. R.O'Sullivan (-3.5) to beat S.Lee 5/4 Paddy Power Could be a little risky not knowing the full state of Ronnie's health but that is the only thing that will stop him. Stephen Lee has given both of his opponents lots of chances and has taken advantage of them not capitalising. He doesn't have that luxury in this match though. There were a few frames which Graeme Dott had 3 good chances and failed to take the frame. I'm sure Ronnie will if given 3 frames. We know Ronnie's got his good head on and even though he's only lost 2 frames so far this week I stil don't think he's played anywhere near his best. He's probably got 4 or 5 gears he can go through and I think he'll have too much for Lee. If Ian McCulloch and and in form Peter Ebdon couldn't take 3 frames off O'Sullivan there's a good chance Lee won't either. Over 9.5 frames in J.Higgins/A.McManus match Evens Paddy Power I reckon this could be a steal. McManus is rarely beaten easily by anyone and given that on the handicap he is 8/13 with a 2.5 frame start which is effectively the same bet given that Higgins is the likely winner we are getting an attractive price. In the past McManus' problem has been that he seems to miss an easy ball when looking good in frames and that costs him. That hasn't happened this week and he's got 2 notable scalps to his name. Whether he can make it a 3rd I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident that this match will be 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Good luck to all who bet.

SportSnooker/Pool
SelectionJohn Higgins
Date2006-01-22
EventMasters Snooker
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.76 (Back)
ReasoningHiggins has played well all week and scoring consistently well. I believe Higgins has the edge over Ronnie when they are both playing well. Higgins will punish all Ronnie's mistakes and if his safety isn't up to scratch, Higgins could make 2.76 look completely ridiculous. Way overpriced and ecstatic to be getting this price.