Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

Sunday 15 January 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBingham v Davis (11:00 GMT)1.832.15sp.gif102%
sp.gifHunter v Williams (14:30 GMT)4.501.29sp.gif100%
sp.gifMcCulloch v Perry (19:00 GMT)2.101.88sp.gif101%
sp.gifMonday 16 January 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifLee v Maguire (11:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifTuesday 17 January 2006
sp.gifHendry v McManus (13:30 GMT)1.284.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifDott v Stevens (18:00 GMT)3.001.44sp.gif103%
sp.gifWednesday 18 January 2006
sp.gifHiggins v White (13:30 GMT)1.334.00sp.gif100%
sp.gifDoherty v Murphy (18:00 GMT)2.371.67sp.gif102%

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Any fancies? Initially I like Davis at over evens. It's exactly 4 weeks since his run in the UK and hopefully he can continue that sort of form. Whilst Bingham was also playing well at that time, I've never been too impressed with his safety play and think Davis will be able to take advantage. :unsure

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 I like Ian McCulloch to beat Joe Perry at over Evens. Perry always seems to be competent without being anything special but on his day McCulloch can score very heavily. He'll be well up for it with it being his 1st time at Wembley. 10pts Ian McCulloch to beat Joe Perry 11/10 Tote Surely Williams to beat Hunter is a banker tomorrow afternoon even if it is a very short price. Outright fancies are Matthew Stevens at 14/1 and Ken Doherty at 28/1. Matthew Stevens has won here before and usually goes ok at this event. He tends to appreciate the longer matches too and Doherty has been a finalist here in the past and in the 2 events so far this season has shown signs that he might be coming back into good form. He's a nice price at 28/1 and I'll take a chance. 3pts ew Matthew Stevens 14/1 Stan James 2pts ew Ken Doherty 28/1 VC Bet

Just looking at the draw and stuff at mo, will be back later with any bets.
I don't like the draw or the outright market at all. You would think O'Sullivan would fancy it but with Ebdon/Davis/Beingham waiting in the 2nd round he could have problems. Bottom half looks tough to call. Normally I look for a weak quarter and/or a favourite with a nice draw and I don't like anything - I guess with only the top 18 in the tournament that would be expected. I can't wait Paul:cow :ok

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 I like your call on Doherty Kev, I also think he's got a chance if he carries on from the form he showed in the last tourny. :ok So.... 2pts ew Ken Doherty 28/1 VC Bet Ken is a very classy and dangerous opponent at his best as I've said time and time again. He seems to perform best when he has a tough draw like he has here, so I'm hoping he kicks into gear and really shows what he can do, as he is more than a match for anyone and could make 28/1 look silly.

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Sunday 11am 10pts Bingham to get Highest Break v Davis @ 1.72 Paddy Power Davis played excellent in the last tourny as did Bingham. A little hard to predict the outcome of this match to be honest, my head says Bingham, but Davis's recent performances cannot be forgotten easily. I do think Bingham is a good price to get the HB though. Davis just doesn't score anything like as heavy as Bingham. Sure he hits the odd big break, but Bingham would win this bet maybe 8 times out of 10 imo. As low as 1.57, I'm happy to be on at 1.72.

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 10pts Joe Perry v Ian McCulloch Over 9.5 Frames @ 1.83 Paddy Power These two players are very evenly matches. Both can score heavy and both can make very hard work of it sometimes too, especially Perry. I just can't see either playing getting a big lead and running away with it and as on the other bet, 6-4 either way or closer wins.

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 10pts Hendry to get Highest Break v McManus @ 1.50 Paddy Power Well this is almost theft! :lol McManus does come up now and again with a big break, but we are talking about the all time greatest break builder and still probably the best break builder in the game even though he isn't as sharp these days. It would be unfortunate to say the least if this bet didn't win, as it would 90 times out of 100 or more imo.

Does 50/1 e/w represent value?
Had he not made the final of the UK he would be a 100/1 or 125/1 shot so I'd say no. Also if he makes it to the quarters he'd have Ronnie and I just think Ronnie would beat him. So no not for me.

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 10pts Maguire to win his Quarter @ 2.25 Bet365 Maguire showed signs that his form is about to kick into gear again very soon and only an inspired Davis stopped him in the last tourny, which is no disgrace as he went on to beat Hendry and finish runner up. For this bet to win he has to beat Stephen Lee and Stevens or Dott - I make him a big favourite to do this on his latest showings. He may even go on to win it, but he'll have to deal with The Rocket and his home crowd in the semis to stand a chance.

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 I see Doherty is now into 20/1 at VC! Another outright I like is this one 5pts M.Williams to win his Quarter 7/4 Bet365 It's basically a match between Williams and Hendry. Williams has a good record in this tournament winning it twice and he also showed signs in the UK that a return to form may not be far away. Although he lost to Hendry in the UK 9-2 the scoreline did flatter Hendry as he had lots of good fortune in the 1st session. One more bet for Sunday's matches is 10pts M.Williams (-2.5) to beat P.Hunter 8/11 Bet365 I think this is a fairly safe bet as far as handicaps are concerned. Hunter has his off the table problems which are far more important than snooker and it's a credit to him that he's even competing in these tournaments but his current game is light years away from the game he had which took him to 3 straight Masters wins as you would expect and I would expect a comfortable Williams win.

10pts M.Williams (-2.5) to beat P.Hunter 8/11 >Bet365 I think this is a fairly safe bet as far as handicaps are concerned. Hunter has his off the table problems which are far more important than snooker and it's a credit to him that he's even competing in these tournaments but his current game is light years away from the game he had which took him to 3 straight Masters wins as you would expect and I would expect a comfortable Williams win.
If in the same state as last tourny, then yes he'll struggle to get 4 frames, but the question is - is he now feeling much better than that or not? On the face of it, it looks a banker, but my instincts tell me to stay away from this bet. :unsure

If in the same state as last tourny, then yes he'll struggle to get 4 frames, but the question is - is he now feeling much better than that or not? On the face of it, it looks a banker, but my instincts tell me to stay away from this bet. :unsure
Hasn't his wife just had their 1st child as well? A few sleepless nights certainly won't be helping his cause! To be honest I would like to see Hunter win. When he was at his peak he was a player I enjoyed watching, one who would live by the sword and die by it too, but reality tells me he isn't going to. There's no way his game can be up to the standard he'd need to seriously compete in this match with all that's gone on over the last 9 months. I think it's a safe bet but if Hunter wins I'll take some delight out of that too!

Bingham went down with flu in Pontin's last week. He felt ill right through his match against Marcus Campbell and is still suffering the effects today.
No bloody mention of that before today. :@ Well, sometimes it can make you concentrate better strangely as I've found out when playing, hopefully one of those occasions and he's 2-2 at the interval, so not too bad. ;)