Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22

10pts M.Williams (-2.5) to beat P.Hunter 8/11 >Bet365 I think this is a fairly safe bet as far as handicaps are concerned. Hunter has his off the table problems which are far more important than snooker and it's a credit to him that he's even competing in these tournaments but his current game is light years away from the game he had which took him to 3 straight Masters wins as you would expect and I would expect a comfortable Williams win.
Nice one Kev. :ok

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 McCulloch wins 6-3 and 1 frame short for the over 9.5. :( 10pts Ebdon/Bingham Over 9 Frames @ 2.00 Bet365 As with previous bets, need it to be 6-4 or 6-5 either way and this looks a close match on paper. Bingham had a bit of a cold to contend with against Davis but showed battling qualities in winning 6-4. We all know how much Ebdon can grind away too and I just can't see either player getting away here.

Nice one Kev. :ok
Cheers Paul. Not a bad day really as my McCulloch bet came in and I followed you in on the Bingham bets. Just one for me tomorrow. 5pts S.Maguire (-2.5) to beat S.Lee 11/10 Bet365 Don't quite know what's happened to Stephen Lee these days but he's rarely been on TV in the last 12 months, that means he's not making the latters stages of tournaments so I have to assume he isn't playing that well. Maguire showed signs of a return to form in the UK and it took a Steve Davis at his very best to stop him. I think Maguire is playing well enough to win this 6-3 or better and the price is very good too.

10pts Ebdon/Bingham Over 9 Frames @ 2.00 Bet365 As with previous bets, need it to be 6-4 or 6-5 either way and this looks a close match on paper. Bingham had a bit of a cold to contend with against Davis but showed battling qualities in winning 6-4. We all know how much Ebdon can grind away too and I just can't see either player getting away here.
Ebdon misses pink to win 6-3. 5-4 Ebdon now so this bet has come in :clap :clap :clap Good shout Paul

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 Yes and no. Bingham should have nailed the black long before Ebdon missed the pink but Ebdon should have won 6-2 when Bingham needed a snooker! All part of the game I guess. Ebdon wins 6-4 to set up a repeat of the World Quarter final with O'Sullivan. Could be a bit of needle in there!

We might have to have a drink on Wednesday then Kev. :loon All depends if Kotp can make it, but could well be there. :ok
I'm up for that mate. Let me know if you'll be there and we'll sort something out. I work in London so I might even pop along for the O'Sullivan match on Thursday if that's easier.

Just PM'd my mobile number Kev' date=' if you're gonna be there, just text me or call me and we'll have a beer. :ok[/quote'] Sorry I didn't get chance to have a beer today mate, I had my girlfriend and her young nephew with me who wanted to see the stadium and the exhibition stands and get autographs and all that stuff so I didn't get chance to do anything else. Are you all still going tomorrow night? I'll have no little un's with me so should be able to grab a beer if you are going. Good day's snooker really, I had a few quid on 6-5 either way tonight so won a bit of money despite the outright bet going out! Thinking of a bet on Ebdon tomorrow night but I'll have to sleep on it! 1 certain bet for me tomorrow is this one. 10pts G.Dott to beat S.Lee 5/6 Corals Not really sure why Corals can't split these. Neither had much form coming into this tournament but Dott played well to beat Stevens and although Lee played solid enough snooker to beat Maguire, he was also lucky that Maguire failed to turn up IMO. Dott's a solid all round player as he showed in reaching the World final 2 years ago and he'll have my money here.

Suuuuuuperb !!! Nice come back Mr. Murphy ! Had on higgins and murphy today and i just need 3 easy tennis matches (Hingis , Pierce and Haas) may the luck be with us all :P bye
Bitza, That's your last warning about after eventing, I think we're at 3 now? One more and you'll be aftereventing elsewhere my dear chap. ;)

Sorry I didn't get chance to have a beer today mate, I had my girlfriend and her young nephew with me who wanted to see the stadium and the exhibition stands and get autographs and all that stuff so I didn't get chance to do anything else. Are you all still going tomorrow night? I'll have no little un's with me so should be able to grab a beer if you are going. Good day's snooker really, I had a few quid on 6-5 either way tonight so won a bit of money despite the outright bet going out! Thinking of a bet on Ebdon tomorrow night but I'll have to sleep on it! 1 certain bet for me tomorrow is this one. 10pts G.Dott to beat S.Lee 5/6 Corals Not really sure why Corals can't split these. Neither had much form coming into this tournament but Dott played well to beat Stevens and although Lee played solid enough snooker to beat Maguire, he was also lucky that Maguire failed to turn up IMO. Dott's a solid all round player as he showed in reaching the World final 2 years ago and he'll have my money here.
To be honest Kev, it's going to be hard work with the mobiles situation, but I kept switching mine back on as I came out, although it's only 15 minutes interval. :unsure Enjoyed today, and we'll be up in the champion bar about 5pm tommorrow, so give me a buzz and we'll have a beer if poss. :ok As for Ebdon, I'm tempted myself. Ronnie knows what's in store for him, slow play and brain damage, which makes Ebdon's price tempting seeing as though he is on form at present. Can't disagree with your Dott pick either and I may well be following you in on that. Outstanding breakbuilding against Stevens, from a much improved player. ;)

To be honest Kev, it's going to be hard work with the mobiles situation, but I kept switching mine back on as I came out, although it's only 15 minutes interval. :unsure Enjoyed today, and we'll be up in the champion bar about 5pm tommorrow, so give me a buzz and we'll have a beer if poss. :ok As for Ebdon, I'm tempted myself. Ronnie knows what's in store for him, slow play and brain damage, which makes Ebdon's price tempting seeing as though he is on form at present. Can't disagree with your Dott pick either and I may well be following you in on that. Outstanding breakbuilding against Stevens, from a much improved player. ;)
That's true. I'm not working tomorrow though so I'll get down there for around 5 and try and catch you. Have to agree about Ebdon. He's done him in the World Championships and I'm sure he can do it again. The only doubt I have is this one is in Ronnie's back yard and although a snooker crowd shouldn't make a difference, I do genuinely believe that the Wembley crowd affect Jimmy and Ronnie's opponents. Still with such a good price you know you'll get a run for your money at least. I still can't believe that the bookies can't split Dott and Lee :unsure

Re: Snooker: The Masters - Jan 15-22 10pts Win Ebdon to beat O'Sullivan @ 4.50 Betfair The price is simply way too big. Ebdon beat Ronnie in the world championships last year and did so adopting a slow pace tactic, which he will no doubt employ again. Sure Ronnie is in his own back yard, but this is also Ebdon's back yard and he will not lack support. Ebdon also showed he is in pretty good form with some decent breaks against Bingham in the last round. All in all, 4.50 is too good to refuse and I have to be involved.