Times Newspaper Predictor.

merlin

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. ... Sorry I jumped in quick Kanga, but you needed the figures quick, the way I looked at it.Here are the Predictor figures at =>48% Bolton W 54.2% Newcastle U 63.7% West ham U 58.9% Burnley 50.5% Coventry C 56.9% Crystal P 56.7% Leeds U 64.4% Luton T 51.5% Southampton T 51.2% Barnsley 59.3% Brentford 50.8% Colchester U 54.0% Scunthorpe U 52.4% Carlisle U 60.3% Mansfield T 48.3% Northampton T 71.8% Man U 73.6% Tottenham H 68.2% Norwich C 49.2% Just did it this week to give you a better chance to do your stuff. Good luck!;)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks for the kind words the results are looking positive what I'm pleased about are the odds 1.60 average - I'm going to keep updating the bank as we go so :hope I like the thought of a number of predictors as it evens out the bias of individual systems - it's annoying when a winner is lost by just one negative column but from the calculations so far this is the best way forward.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... those figures certainly look good Andy, looks like we may have a setup here, and with the 8 correct from 8 selections in the Michael Wray Spreadsheets, things may be beginning to gel.Nice to be able to report some encouraging figures in these two threads.Cheers.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Ok a mid week selection for you :-

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

07/02/06

Colchester vs Scunthorpe

64.8%

65%

3-2

Date

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

07/02/06

Buryvs Rushden Diamonds

44.8%

57%

1-1

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

08/02/06

Charlton vs Liverpool

22.3%

33%

1-0

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Guys. I want to take this oppotunity to congratulate you all on an excellent thread. Its great to see you all getting so involved in it and working together as team. Hats off to you all and I'll be a regular visitor to this thread as its one of the best on the forum for me. Keep up the great work lads and I'm on Colchester too tonight!:clap

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. The figures showed it would be close - and incidentally pointed to the bury draw as well - but not part of the system.

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Result

Colchester vs Scunthorpe

64.8%

65%

3-2

1-0 :loon

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Result

Buryvs Rushden Diamonds

44.8%

57%

1-1

1-1

Total Staked

Total Returned

Yield

20.41%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

76%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks Guy's - have another for you tonight sorry it's a bit late - as before odds quoted are bet365 but there is better available.

Date

F A Cup

TP

BG

MW

Odds

08/02/06

Chelsea vs Everton

75.9%

57%

1-0

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

08/02/06

Charlton vs Liverpool

22.3%

44%

1-0

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... Purely for interest point of view as Kanga is keeping track of themain interests on this thread.This is using the =>60% home and =>50%away criteria, which gives:-Chelsea (A) 67.4%Crystal P (A) 52.0%Wolves 72.2%Wycombe W 63.1%Hibernian (A) 55.3%Hearts 63.3%Reading (Fri) 70.9%Southend U (Fri) 61.7%Man U (A) 69.3%Liverpool (A) 54.4%Tottenham H (Sun)(A) 55.8%Always interesting to see how things are shaping up here.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well another winner (low odds but still correct) now making 10 from 12

F A Cup

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Result

Chelsea vs Everton

75.9%

57%

1-0

4-1 :loon

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Result

Charlton vs Liverpool

22.3%

44%

1-0

2-0

Total Staked

Total Returned

Yield

20.65%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

77%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... I think that you should save yourself a bit of time Andy and just give us the selections, then followed by yield etc once the results are to hand.After all, they are worked out by your own fair hand and I'm equally sure we can all trust these implicitly.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Kanga, Thanks for posting up the tables. I find them to be an enourmous help when looking for value bets. Would much appreciate it if you were to continue posting in the format you are currently using as it's useful for cross checking data; though I would fully understand if you were to find this too time consuming. I did download the trial version of BG but could not make head nor tail of it. [i am extremely computer illiterate]. However the system I am currently working on relies on the stats from both TP and BG and though it's much too early to start shouting from the rooftops it looks promising. I will post this weeks selections as soon as I get access to the BG percentages. All the best.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. It's not a problem to post the complete tables - as I have to work them all out anyway :loon I just thought it would save space and look a little neater on the thread. Interesting what you say about just using TP & BG - I've been keeping stats on this and with the method I use TP & BG on their own produce a 69% strike rate - whereas combining the MW & odds filter as well = 77% Glad the tables are of interest - :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Another selection for tonight and IMHO it's a cracker 1.44 bet365 is good value.

Date

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

10/02/06

Reading vs Southampton

57.2%

83%

3-0

1.44 :hope

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

10/02/06

Hartlepool vs Chesterfield

48.0%

11%

0-2

10/02/06

Southend vs Rotherham

40.5%

68%

2-1

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Everyone, Yes Kanga I have to agree with you, I also have Reading as a good value bet even @2/5. Here is the complete list of selections thrown up by using the Times Predictor only. I will edit this post if BG identifies any more value bets that need adding. I will be betting these as 1 point singles at the best High Street prices. My hope is that this method will make a steady, if unspectacular, profit; with the empathsis being on value as determined by what I consider any particular teams true odds are in conjunction with the predictions made by TP&BG. READING 2/5 CORAL-HILLS-LADS WON 2-0 FULHAM 4/5 CORAL -WON 6-1 WATFORD 5/6 HILLS-WON 4-0 NOTTS FOREST 6/5 CORAL-HILLS-LADS LOST 1-2 WALSALL 11/10 CORAL-HILLS LOST 2-2 MACCLESFIELD 6/5 CORAL HILLS POSTPONED WYCOMBE 8/13 LADS LOST 2-2 STAKE 7 pts RETURNS 6.03 pts LOSS 0.97 PTS

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. ..... 1.52 available for Reading this afternoon on Betfair, quite a fair price, but Southampton have just signed a trio of useful players I believe and they are a 'funny' team at the best of times, and also inclined to be a bit drawish, so I may leave this one alone.Had a go on Southend against Rotherham with odds 1.70 so on paper looks like a more attractive proposition.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Have to remember the 5% on betfair - but I was really meaning that the price was VALUE any better is a bonus. Have a look at Readings last 6 match home goal record to Southamptons last 6 away goal record ;) Southend would be a pick but TP doesnt go for it on the usual 7 day predictor which is used - on the individual match system it picks it as a win so you may well be ok - but I can't highlight it on this system. My personal opinion would be a Southend 1-0 or 2-1 win :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... I knew where you were coming from Andy, and was not reflecting on the Times predictions or otherwise, just my gut feeling.I thought that the Southend game looked a sounder bet with Rothers deeply in the financial mire.As I type, I note that at the 45 mins mark both of the selections mentioned are leading 2-0, so let the good times roll my friend!;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well another winner - and a 3-0 MW prediction to boot always a good sign.

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Results

Reading vs Southampton

57.2%

83%

3-0

2-0 :loon

League 1