** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Times Newspaper Predictor.

merlin

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Good job Kanga. Hard to see any pattern from this so far - it looks like each system had good results and bad results. The main thing is to be able to see in advance where each systems weakness are - ie what percentage/score produces the best results. Merlin: Got your message thanks - hope you got the reply.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... So I suppose there is some agreement there.With all the results now in, and taking 60% and over for the home selections, with 50% for aways, there were 7 correct from the 11 selected. 2/3 Premiership. 1/3 Championship. 1/2 English League 2 3/3 Scottish Premier. So good predictions in the latter, full house. Definitely worth looking at, so will be back later to discus the next batch of selections.Cheers.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Nope still cant find them - :wall - Do you have to subscribe ? All I can see are 9 sheets - european champions league - english prem - english champ - english league one - english league two - englsh conference - german bundus - spanish primera and italian serie a

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. ..... what are you clicking on Kanga? You have to click on Weekly Prediction, then you see English Premiership,Championship,Div.1,Div.2, English Cup Games, Scottish Premiership. You should not be able to see any European etc on the Weekly Prediction. Those teams come further down when clicking on Simulation.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... I think you may be right there DaveC, he must be looking at the MW spreadsheets download page on his site.Looks to be what he says he is seeing.If that's right Kanga, you want the Times link on page 1 of this thread to take you there.:unsure

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... OK here we go with this weeks picks as far as I can make out:- Chelsea 88.3% Southampton T 71.9% Colchester U 66.6% Tranmere R 64.2% Hibernian 73.1 % Rangers 79.7% Celtic (A) 63.6% That's it for this week then, remembering that these have home win criteria of >60% and away >50%. Fingers crossed.:hope

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Larry :welcome As Merlin said I cheated and used DavidC's BG figures at the start of this thread - I'm not signed up to the trial but I would be happy to do another table this week if it helps and DavidC could post or PM me the figures. That's assuming I updated MW correctly this time :loon but if not Merlin will sort me out :spank

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Here we go - BG predictions for the weekend. EPL: Everton FC 35% Birmingham City 48% Middlesbrough 40% Tottenham Hotspur 47% Newcastle United 41% Bolton Wanderers 54% West Bromwich Albion 66% Chelsea London FC 79% Manchester United 42% Championship: Crystal Palace 25% Burnley 39% Coventry City 57% Crewe Alexandra 25% Norwich City 40% Sheffield United 60% Southampton FC 39% Leeds United 55% Leicester City 37% Luton Town 44% Millwall 20% Stoke City 48% League 1: Scunthorpe United 45% Blackpool FC 51% Chesterfield 71% Yeovil Town 46% Barnsley 62% Brentford 25% Colchester United 58% Oldham Athletic 64% Rotherham United 43% Swansea City 64% Swindon Town 34% Tranmere Rovers 25% League 2: Wrexham 32% Barnet 26% Boston United 51% Bristol Rovers 41% Carlisle United 46% Mansfield Town 51% Northampton 48% Notts County 54% Oxford United 32% Peterborough United 44% Stockport County 40% Torquay United 21% Over to you Kanga! :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. When I first started off checking Kanga, I thought that it was only an odd one that differed, but here are my findings:- Bolton W 1-2 Colchester U 2-1 Rotherham U 2-1 Boston U 2-0 Northampton T 2-1 Notts Co 2-0 Wrexham 1-2 All the rest as mine. Cheers.Merlin.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Merlin, Very strange, yet they are all within 1 goal - I'm stumped :unsure - I've double checked all my inputs - The only thing I can think of just now is that some of the results I've added, have been played recently but they date back to postponed matches in December - could that account for it ?

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Kanga. Does not matter about the dates played, don't think that will affect things at all.Iv'e back tracked and listed all the matches that have been in the fixture list but according to my records have not been played yet.If we differ here,that is what I feel will affect our readings.For now I will list the numbers of matches outstanding in their respective divisions,rather than type everything out now.If you then check my numbers against the matches you have outstanding it should then show any differences.So click on Fixtues at the bottom of the bar at the bottom of the page in each of the various divisions,and see if we can agree numbers. F A Barclays Premiership. - 5 Championship - 4 Division 1 - 8 Division 2 - 12 We can then highlight any differences.:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... could do, but something strange going on here. Premiership - we agree. Championship - I have 4 o/s you have 3 Div 1 - I have 8 o/s you have 7 Div 2 - I have 12 o/s you have 11 These are what I have o/s :- Div 2. 19/11 Bury v Rushden 28/12 Notts Co v Northampton 28/12 Rochdale v Bury 28/12 Shrewsbury v Macclesfield 28/12 Chester C v Wrexham 28/12 Stockport Co v Torquay 31/12 Bury v Stockport 07/01 Bristol R v Leyton O 07/01 Mansfield T v Chester c 07/01 Stockport Co v Grimsby T 07/01 Torquay v Rochdale 07/01 Northampton T v Wycombe W Div.1. 28/12 Bournemouth v Barnsley 28/12 Doncaster R v Brentford 28/12 Milton Keynes v Notts F 28/12 Swansea C v Gillingham 28/12 Colchester U v Scunthorpe U 07/01 Blackpool v Doncaster R 07/01 Swindon T v Walsall Championship. 23/08 Leeds U v Crystal P 01/11 Plymouth A v Leicester C 02/11 Southampton T v Crystal P 28/12 Plymouth A v PNE Check these amd advise of any discrepancies.:unsure

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Merlin, I've found 2 differences. Championship - 23/08 Leeds U v Crystal P League 2 - 28/12 Shrewsbury v Macclesfield On both occasions I've entered a result - I've checked the respective official club websites and both matches have not yet been played. Who do you use to get your results ?