3-2

1-0:clap

Rochdale v Barnet

52.1%

25%

1-1

0-0

:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Only 1 selection for tonight, although Boston come mighty close :-

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

29/03/06

Man Utd v West Ham

87.1%

61%

3-1

1.28:hope

Date

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

29/03/06

QPR v Stoke

30.3%

38%

0-0

Date

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

29/03/06

Boston Utd v

Chester

47.2%

59%

2-0

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. And another one puts money back into the pot :-

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Man Utd v West Ham

87.1%

61%

3-1

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

QPR v Stoke

30.3%

38%

0-0

1-2

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

Boston Utd v

Chester

47.2%

59%

2-0

1-3

I'm glad Boston didn't quite make it :loon

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. No selections out of tonight's matches :-

Date

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

31/03/06

Crystal Palace v Watford

38.5%

33%

1-2

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

31/03/06

Hartlepool v Oldham

39.5%

33%

1-2

31/03/06

Tranmere v Port Vale

52.3%

31%

1-1

Will post up Saturday's selection later :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Kanga, jusy wondering, so your system is to lay the away team? The three prdictors you use, were they created by yourself? I would like to access them if i am allowed?...:notworthy i would like to trial it out on the Spanish league.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor.

Kanga, jusy wondering, so your system is to lay the away team? The three prdictors you use, were they created by yourself? I would like to access them if i am allowed?...:notworthy i would like to trial it out on the Spanish league.
Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying - I would recommend you read through the thread from the start so you get an idea of how it works. TP is the times predictor is free and can be reached from :- http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,7973,00.html BG = Betting Genius and is a paid program but can be used on a free months trial :- http://www.bettinggenius.com/ MW - is run from spreadsheets that you update yourself also free and can be downloaded from here :- http://www.michaelwray.co.nz/sheets.html The trouble is it won't work on the spanish league as TP is only available for the top 4 English Leagues - BG & MW would work though and you could try and find a substitute for TP. Cheers Kanga

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. hi kanga. doh... unlucky last week for the lay strategy with only one draw :( must admit i've not yet got on (mainly simply because i come up with too many selections myself so have no cash left :lol) but think i will do this weekend. i'm quite tempted by the cover the draw strategy. am i right in saying your system stats are using bet365 odds for the draw / home win? - not that im saying you should change the way you're recording, whats the point if you're laying, just the answer will help me decide what strategy i want to take. 365 often come up with the best draw odds for the UK games but rarely seem to come up with the best home win odds (at least for my selections). sorry yet to get round to my trawl back through the odds archive to see the effect of using best odds. i expect the three strategies will be pretty even in the long run. i'm going to be starting to look at a new footyforecast based system this weekend, if the results turn out to be particularly good (or bad) for the rest of the seaon ill let you know. :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi SBI, I publish the 3 staking methods really because I've been asked to - it's always nice to see the single win figures - Myself and others prefer to "Lay the Away" ( I believe the odds are slightly better ) - but a number of followers don't like the idea of having so much liability for laying and have asked for a similar bet but by backing (there is double chance but the odds are very stingy) so I publish the cover the stake with the draw bank as well. The trouble with covering the draw on a hot favourite selection is that sometimes the return is just a few pence as the odds are so bad - In the past there has been a winner that returned a loss !! I have been thinking about just backing the winner if the odds are below 1.4 and covering the draw between 1.40 - 2.00 but it starts getting mighty complex. Let's hope for a better weekend.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks LL, For the last 3 weeks results have underperformed the rest of the season and we have had a greater number of losers in the 48 & 49% TP range than expected. Initially the idea was to get a good number of winning selections but as staking methods have altered and the number of selections needed less so - it is imperitive to find winners and cut out the silly loses - so I propose that from now on the cut-off point is 50% rather than 48% - not just because it's a nice round number but for the reasons above. So the tables below reflect the change in policy - if anybody wishes to carry on with the > 48% method they are there to be seen. Any thoughts welcome !! :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. hi kanga. - just posted on another thread about how my entirely statistical approach (and others i know with similar methods) have been performing badly in recent weeks too. ie there's been a disproportionate number of 'surprises'. so, i wouldnt worry about fiddling too much, if at all. there's enough of a buffer of profit to be able to absorb the bad patch until things turn round. look like perhaps this weekends results would have turned a small profit for the fixed liability layers so hopefully the tide has turned.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks SBI, I'll keep monitoring the situation - hopefully as you say the tide has turned it wasnt a bad week really - Oldham losing and Mansfield's last minute equaliser was uncalled for though. 5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss

Date

Selections

TP

BG

MW

Odds

08/04/06

Tottenham v

Man City

54.3%

72%

2-1

2-1:clap

08/04/06

Wolves v

Coventry

56.9%

60%

3-2

2-2:clap

08/04/06

Oldham v M K Dons

64.8%

77%

3-0

1-2:wall

08/04/06

Southend v

Blackpool

51.5%

72%

3-0

2-1:clap

08/04/06

Carlisle v Grimsby

60.1%

61%

3-0

08/04/06

Lincoln City v Mansfield

50.5%

53%

3-1

1-1:clap

09/04/06

Chelsea v West Ham

89.0%

68%

3-1

4-1:clap

09/04/06

Liverpool v Bolton

74.9%

67%

3-1

09/04/06

Watford v Luton

58.7%

55%

3-2

1-1:clap

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Sorry for the late posting very busy at the moment :-

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

14/04/06

Man Utd v Sunderland

87.5%

77%

3-0

1.10 :hope

Rubbish odds but a selection - my suggestion would be to lay the draw :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... nice to see you popping in David, been a while since we last saw you here.Yeah, a reasonable weekend indeed, would have been a full house had Southend obliged.We have tightened some of the limits since you were last here,I believe that there were too many selections being churned out,so maybe next season we will keep the current method and hopefully make it more accurate.Cheers.:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... are you a cricket supporter then David? I'll be down at Riverside on Wednesday coming for the start of the Lancashire county match. Great performance against Kent and we were still missing two of our strike bowlers in Michael Lewis the Aussie, and Mark Davies who is an up and coming young bowler when fit,but been out injured for the back part of last season, and broke down again recently in practice.Great to see two local lads Muchall and Mustard get among the runs.;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. I used to live up there and used to pop along to the Riverside now and then especially when my side paid a visit, Somerset. Don't ask why a Welshman supports Somerset! Ok, It's because when I was growing up I loved Ian Botham and supported Somerset from the early 80's till now! Best day out was at the C&G Final when we beat Leics and in the evening England beat Germany 5-1, not that me and my mate can remember too much after an afternoon on the scrumpy! Off to a few games down here watching Somerset at the Oval, Guildford and Northampton. Eng v Sri Lanka ODI at the Oval and Eng v Pak Saturday test match at Headingley. Good luck for the season, don't mind Durham as you say, you have some great young players coming through.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. ... ah! So youv'e been to Riverside! What did you think of the ground then David?We have a test match next year v West Indies, but the one we really wanted, was an Ashes series, which apparently has gone to your lot in Wales at Sophia Gardens.Seen Somerset a few times up here, and even your idol Botham played one season in the early days for us, just before he finished.Maybe we may be able to compete this year in Division One, had the very first year there,then went down.I note that Surrey are down there now having a spell.Anyway enjoy your outings young fella and no doubt you will be having a few beers in the process.Cheers.