World Darts Grand Prix

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Don't know about you lot but it's been a terrible night for me. I picked two upsets but I picked the wrong two upsets as Part and Scholten are the big names who have gone out. Wish I placed by bets in Monday afternoon rather than the early hours of today as I wouldn't have backed Warriner to beat Roy! ....that article over at planet Darts over yesterday's results shows you how important it is to be up-to-date.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Fcuking horror show yesterday, more straight-forward today. Why wasn't it like this yesterday?! :eyes Although I'm kinda glad I didn't put any more bets on for day two by chasing my losses and giving myself a migraine only John Magowan beating Alan Caves was any kind of an upset with the rest of the matches going to form. :@ ....only Dennis Smith versus Mark Walsh to go though. If it's any consolation Gaz, I'm having a fooking 'mare at the moment. Not enough to make me :cry (it's a big enough figure under any other circumstances) but enough to make me wonder what the fcuk is happening to my luck. :\ :puke

Re: World Darts Grand Prix On first looks Smiffy looks a bit overpriced at 3.3 to beat Baxter. Think Smith beat him earlier this year on sky and that was in a longer format than this match would be. I'm on a break from betting at the minute so I wont be doing it myself, but it does look a bit of value to me.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix

On first looks Smiffy looks a bit overpriced at 3.3 to beat Baxter. Think Smith beat him earlier this year on sky and that was in a longer format than this match would be. I'm on a break from betting at the minute so I wont be doing it myself, but it does look a bit of value to me.
Smith lost to Baxter in the q/f of the Matchplay this year having been quite far ahead. Can't see Smith beating him in this format though. 3 bets that I like in the 2nd round are Gary Welding to beat Steve Beaton 10pts win 2.6 @ Sporting Odds Welding beat Beaton in the UK Open in June and looks decent value to do it again. Beaton had a good win in the 1st round but I think he's better as an outsider rather than a favourite and think he might struggle tonight. Alex Roy to beat Wayne Mardle 5pts win 3.75 @ VC Didn't look a to be much between them in their 1st round performances, if anything Roy may have looked better. Whichever way you look at it comparing those performances he's overpriced at 3.75 Dennis Priestley/Mark Dudbridge 10pts win double 3.81 @ Tote Priestley looked good against Scholten and with his consistency on the doubles should be good enough to beat Rooney tonight and Dudbridge looked crisp on his doubles and I expect him to be too good for Painter.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix I think we've all had a bit of a nightmare in this tourny so far. :lol Quarter final line up now, odds below. :cow

Friday 28 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBeaton v Lloyd (18:10 BST)5.501.20sp.gif102%
sp.gifMardle v Priestley (19:45 BST)1.334.00sp.gif101%
sp.gifDudbridge v Taylor (21:15 BST)5.501.16sp.gif104%
sp.gifMagowan v Smith (22:45 BST)3.001.40sp.gif105%

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Good luck in that. Taylor relishes in beating up on the pretenders and he will love an opportunity to duff up Lloyd. Not to say that Lloyd won't riase his game like he did at the World Matchplay against John Part but Phil when he's in the mood, is a different proposition. Lloyd this week has been more than a bit lucky in his matches against Kirby, Beaton and Priestley. I've put a small interest bet for me of £20 at 5/6 with Skybet that Phil Taylor will get the first 180 in the match. Phil has been known to throw recklessly but against Lloyd, I'm sure he'll be on the level and will attempt to steamroller Colin 7-0.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix ....I don't know what the odds of 7-0 are but the only way Lloyd will win a set now is if Taylor will give him a couple. Fairly lucky that Taylor managed to win my 'first to get a 180' bet for me. No gimme considering Lloyd almost did one but got a 140 instead.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Gaz so do you think part of Lloyd's problem is self inflicted - i seem to remember him getting worked up about not receiving the respect he felt he deserved for being world number 1? And then when it comes to playing Taylor he feels under more pressure to prove himself than perhaps he should? Even Lloyd must concede that Taylor is still a better player?

Off-topic I think it's a cracking shame that the likes of Raymond van Barneveld won't get a shot at the proposed World Series of Darts for May 2006. http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/PDCNewsDetail/0,,10180~736538,00.html Top 16 PDC only?! Phil Taylor, Colin Lloyd, Mark Walsh, Ronnie Baxter, John Part, Roland Scholten, Wayne Mardle, Peter Manley, Denis Ovens and Alex Roy are sitting pretty in the top 10 of the Order of Merit. http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/OrderofMerit/0,,10180,00.html