World Darts Grand Prix

Monday 24 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBeaton v Part (18:00 BST)2.751.44sp.gif106%
sp.gifHine v Newton (18:40 BST)2.371.57sp.gif106%
sp.gifHarris v Welding (19:20 BST)2.621.50sp.gif105%
sp.gifMardle v Sams (20:00 BST)1.224.33sp.gif105%
sp.gifKirby v Lloyd (20:40 BST)7.001.08sp.gif107%
sp.gifPriestley v Scholten (21:20 BST)2.751.53sp.gif102%
sp.gifRoy v Warriner (22:00 BST)1.831.90sp.gif107%
sp.gifRooney v Wade (22:40 BST)3.501.33sp.gif104%
sp.gifTuesday 25 October 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAnderson v Jenkins (18:00 BST)2.101.66sp.gif108%
sp.gifJenkins v Painter (18:40 BST)2.371.61sp.gif105%
sp.gifAskew v Dudbridge (19:20 BST)3.001.40sp.gif105%
sp.gifCollins v Taylor (20:00 BST)12.001.04sp.gif105%
sp.gifManley v Ovens (20:40 BST)1.662.25sp.gif105%
sp.gifCaves v Magowan (21:20 BST)1.612.25sp.gif107%
sp.gifBaxter v Harvey (22:00 BST)1.224.00sp.gif107%
sp.gifSmith v Walsh (22:40 BST)2.201.66sp.gif106%

Re: World Darts Grand Prix I think even his bad game beats Roy though Gaz, Roy just has no bottle at all. At least Warriner can actually call on past experience and grind out wins, but I just cannot have Roy beating him, and I certainly couldn't go anywhere near him at the price he is even if Warriner was playing with a blinfold. ;) Confidence is everything and Roy just doesn't have it.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix I dunno Gaz, last time I saw him playing he was playing really well, along came the finishing line and he was bricking it, sure enough he lost, I do agree about his "head problems" though, if something isn't going right it really affects him. Personally I get the feeling the confidence he tries to let people see is all a front, but myabe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, even though you are the PL darts expert. ;) Did you enter qualifiers for this?

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Who on earth is silly enough to price Terry Jenkins as 11/8 to beat Kevin Painter? That's a price reflected on reputation if ever I've seen one! Terry Jenkins has been steadily climbing up the rankings for a while now and while he hasn't been seen much on TV he had a good World Matchplay whereas Kevin Painter hasn't played well for ages now. Since he had that injury a while back Painter has been awful. I see that Jenkins won a tournament out in Holland this weekend too which would only strengthen his case. That's my bet of the 1st round if not the tournament!

Re: World Darts Grand Prix But it is the tournament he was talking about. Where Taylor got beaten in the 1st round by Callaby. 1st round 1st to 2 sets - so a sprint and a relative lottery really. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few 1st round shocks but the tournament tends to follow form in the later stages if past history is anything to go by. Interestingly in this tournament Taylor is either a 1st round casualty or the tournament winner, so if he beats the qualifier in the 1st round the rest may as well go home! I've been having a look of the outright market and this is the tournament that a long shot is most likely to go in at and I think the long shot to be with this week is James Wade (100/1 at Stan James) He's not in Taylor's half of the draw which is always a handy start, and his 1/4 looks on paper the weakest of the 4 which also helps. He's a class act, doesn't worry about reputation and could well go far in the tournament. What does everyone else think? He's also 8/1 with Sporting Odds to win his 1/4. Take Mardle out and with Scholten being frustratingly inconsistant that 1/4 is very much up for grabs. Thoughts?

Re: World Darts Grand Prix What I meant was that I thought the sets were the best of 3 legs, is that correct? The odds comparison website says that Jenkins is playing Kelvin Painter not Kevin, is that right or is it a mistake? Either way I'll be backing Jenkins - Terry not Rocky.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix

Pobby, its 5 legs per set. The BDO World Masters on BBC this weekend is best of 3 legs per set (i'll start a thread on this later when i've got my bets on). It's Kevin playing Terry Jenkins. Kevshat, Wade is a tricky one to predict. He's got alot of talent, but doesn't always perform at his best. Any of Mardle, Scholten or Wade could come through, so good luck with your bet. I just think Mardle may come though it though. I'll hopefully be posting my bets later today, if a couple more bookies could get their fingers out of their arses!
Gaz, you're right Wade is a tricky one to predict. I've just followed his career as he's come through the ranks as I remember being left gutted when he beat me in a Youth County match years ago despite me averaging almost 22! I won a few games that year with averages nowhere near that good! So I thought of him then as one to follow. He is tricky to predict but there's no doubt that he definitely has the talent to beat almost anyone on his day. The thing I like about him here is it's possible that both Mardle and Scholten could be out after round 1. If that happens there's every chance he'll win his quarter and should he win his 1/4 then the 100/1 on him outright is suddenly terrific value. In what is a fairly open group I'd rather take my chances outright on Wade at 100/1 although as I type this I've just noticed that Bet Direct have him priced up at 125/1 than I would Mardle at 18/1 and Scholten at 33/1. I'll be interested to see what your recommendations are in the 1st round matches. As I've said earlier in the thread my bet of the round is Terry Jenkins to beat Kevin Painter at 11/8 although that's all gone and he's now only a 6/5 shot. I also think Alex Roy is overpriced at 11/10 to beat Alan Warriner. I shall post my full 1st round bets over the weekend.

Re: World Darts Grand Prix Holy shiat! I didn't realise theyed redesigned their website! :eek http://www.planetdarts.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10180,00.html ....the BDO shuld hire a proper website designer no matter how much they like Colin Saunders. Results from this weekend's PDPA event: http://www.planetdarts.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PDCNewsDetail/0,,10180~730958,00.html Yeah, a few impressive and some surprising results amongst all that lot.