Euro 2024 Predictions 14th - 18th June

England are usually overpriced and this tournament looks no different, so I'll have a small interest in Serbia to top the group. Any sort of result for them later today and their odds should drop.

6pts Serbia to win Group C @ 8.45

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

England are usually overpriced and this tournament looks no different, so I'll have a small interest in Serbia to top the group. Any sort of result for them later today and their odds should drop.

6pts Serbia to win Group C @ 8.45

Must admit I fancy them today but we’re due a faltering favourite. Have taken 21/5 for Mitrovic as that does seem big for their main man. Went early on the doubles for him, Eriksen and Weghorst but the latter is void due to not starting! :loon

Can’t grumble too much about that as he was the least likely starter so I wanted that protection but done by being prudent again there. 7/2 would have been a great price had he started.

Serbia - England

England half time/full time
Total goals over 2.5

If England open a match with a early goal,they could run riot against us.

Laptop playing up to date (hopefully just being slowed down by a large update) so cramping my style a bit. De Bruyne to score and assist in a Belgium win at 13.5, Hills best price about a Kev goal and using the 25% boost. I also quite liked the 7/2 Kev assist and SoT boost (have won on it more than once before) but can get that at at least 4/1 elsewhere so will shop around.

1 minute ago, Torque said:

Belgium are too short for me. They're not as good as they were and their defence looks weak, and although Slovakia are no great shakes I don't think they deserve to be as big as they are.

17pts Slovakia to beat Belgium @ 7.86

I’ll nail my colours to the mast here and say this is one of those games where we see the favourites at least justify their odds. Not quite wielding the hammer vigorously enough to use my free supremacy bet though, I think I’ll save that for Portugal tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I’ll nail my colours to the mast here and say this is one of those games where we see the favourites at least justify their odds. Not quite wielding the hammer vigorously enough to use my free supremacy bet though, I think I’ll save that for Portugal tomorrow!

You'll probably be right @harry_rag but they shouldn't be such strong favourites in my opinion and I'm happy with that assessment regardless of the result.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

You'll probably be right @harry_rag but they shouldn't be such strong favourites in my opinion and I'm happy with that assessment regardless of the result.

Changed my mind and played the freebie, bought at 1.3. Portugal same price tomorrow but probably better opposition. Has to be on an opening round fixture. Pity my crystal ball didn’t flag a sell of Ukraine!

18 minutes ago, Torque said:

Interested to know if you price these markets up in advance or just go with “educated gut feel” based on experience. I’m assuming the latter. Also, is this typical of your regular season betting or do you tend to get more involved in the major tournaments like this?

8 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Interested to know if you price these markets up in advance or just go with “educated gut feel” based on experience. I’m assuming the latter. Also, is this typical of your regular season betting or do you tend to get more involved in the major tournaments like this?

It's a bit of both in that the prices influence my thinking. If Belgium had been 1.75 or higher I'd probably have backed them.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

Well done on the win, your take better than mine on the evidence of that game though VAR not on my side today. 2 Lukaku goals would’ve been most welcome for the top scorer bet! Hopefully get a reaction for the remaining two games.