** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Laddies UK Open

Fader

Another weekend of top Darts, with the UK Open. In Minehead. This is one I'd like to go to, one day. A HUGE event, with 160 players and all within a weekend. Action all the way. 

Dubbed 'The FA Cup of Darts' this is a random draw, unseeded event that helps many players and can make the winner incredibly hard to predict. Aspinall won this at 125/1 back in 2019. 

For anybody wanting a big price, the beauty of the draw is that it will show you the route of the player up until we're down to 64. The random draws start from R4 and so some players must play a lot more than others, of course. Much like the FA Cup, in Football.

I thought Id do this little intro before I start looking at potential tips. Good luck

5 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

And the last two winners, Noppert and then Gilding were also surprise winners (or at least semi-surprises).

Searle would be a logical candidate to win this one, but he is only (or is it "only"?) around 20/1 this time, which is not surprising given his early form this season.

Yeah, 20/1 would be the minimum Id take here. You could quite easily face MVG then Littler, then Humphries. A nice draw can make all the difference.

I like Dobey and Noppert for this event. I'm not interested in anything shorter than 20s tbh and even Dobey is short. Noppert has been here and done it and is also playing well. He was very unlucky in the PC that Searle won. At big odds, O'Connor is the best value for me. Huge odds for a guy that has done well here on more than one occasion. 

Dobey 25/1 Bet365
Noppert 50/1 WillHill
------------------------------------------
Rydz 100/1 Bet365
Baetens 150/1 Paddypower
O'Connor 250/1 Bet365
Lennon 300/1 Paddypower
C.Perez 500/1 Bet365
Pilgrim 500/1 Bet365

17 hours ago, Fader said:

I like Dobey and Noppert for this event. I'm not interested in anything shorter than 20s tbh and even Dobey is short. Noppert has been here and done it and is also playing well. He was very unlucky in the PC that Searle won. At big odds, O'Connor is the best value for me. Huge odds for a guy that has done well here on more than one occasion. 

Dobey 25/1 Bet365
Noppert 50/1 WillHill
------------------------------------------
Rydz 100/1 Bet365
Baetens 150/1 Paddypower
O'Connor 250/1 Bet365
Lennon 300/1 Paddypower
C.Perez 500/1 Bet365
Pilgrim 500/1 Bet365

Love the O'Connor shout. Adding him to my team too 😁

19 minutes ago, Thornwick said:

I've backed pilgrim if littler is 6/1 pilgrim massive at 500/1 inmo on modus form anyway gl all

Yep exactly, I can’t be having anybody at shorts odds in this. 6/1 Littler is bonkers. Especially as you’re getting 4 places. 125/1 for him to make top 4. 

Gilding practically coasted to the final last out. 

Well it looked like it was going to be even worse tonight. i thought they'd all go at one point. Blimey, MVG out, Price out. Such a harsh draw for Dobey, getting Anderson.

5th round
R.Evans v De Decker
Wright v Gilding
Littler v Schindler
Bunting v Doets
M.Smith v Woodhouse
Chizzy v Suljovic
Van Der Voort v Van Den Bergh
Anderson v Dobey
Usher v Van Veen
Cross v Rock
Clayton v R.Smith
Reus v Humphries
Heta v Aspinall
Lukeman v Noppert
Barry v Meikle
Ratajski v King

2 hours ago, Trimble89 said:

Got to be happy enough with the draw for Noppie?

Dobey, Rock and Smith all could have had it easier for me 😅

I fancy Ross Smith's chances in this one... he should win comfortably if (!) he is in that form that might make him a contender.

Poor Dobey though...

And I hope De Decker can win again.

1 hour ago, ThunderDan9 said:

I fancy Ross Smith's chances in this one... he should win comfortably if (!) he is in that form that might make him a contender.

Poor Dobey though...

And I hope De Decker can win again.

Yeah Ross smith can be happy with that draw. Think he beats Clayton 

Nopperts time to choke. 9-7 up and now back to 9-9. No doubt he'll lose

yep, ofcourse. There goes my interest in the tournament. I had a bet on Meikle but he aint winning it. Just got to hope he beats Barry and gets somebody crap in the next round. How on earth do you lose to Martin Lukeman Argh!