** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Players Championship Finals

ThunderDan9

It starts tomorrow, the last event before the World Championship.

My first thought was of course Ross Smith, but he is in that Price/MVG quarter... the fourth quarter looks to be the most "favorable" to be in at first glance... maybe Heta? If Humphries doesn't win everything (but he does, lol), Searle would actually make some sense... he hit that 9-darter at the Grand Slam, and then was eliminated by... Humphries. And in the second quarter, Gurney looks to have a relatively nice draw... he has good stats, but hasn't won anything in ages... maybe now?

With the longer format from the third round on, the chances of a longshot winner are not that good... I was thinking about Kist, just on the vague assumption he could somehow recreate that form he had in that short spell... he has been useless since then though...

I’ve not had much time to look at the Players Championship Finals but have had a few small speculative bets. As with the Grand Slam I think Price and Humphries are the most likely winners of the event, but their odds aren’t particularly appealing, especially with the shortened format in the first couple of rounds. The pair are on opposite sides of the draw, so did consider a Price v Humphries final, but the odds of around 8/1 didn’t entice me in.

Instead I’ve gone for a few outrights (each way) at bigger prices, with the hope that one can make a big run. One from each quarter of the draw, with two from the bottom quarter, which as @ThunderDan9 pointed out seems the weakest section.

Ross Smith 66/1

Chris Dobey 40/1

Jim Williams 250/1

Jules van Dongen 200/1

Joe Cullen 40/1

In the afternoon session, I like:

Szaganski vs White 2,10

De Decker vs Vandenbogarde 1,67

Kist vs Pietreczko 2,38

Jim Williams vs VDB 1,91 (although... maybe not, in general this would be a silly price... but VDB (almost like DVD) is so bad nowadays...)

I think I like the fitst one the most. Szaganski showed great form on the last PC events.

always a lot different on the big stage to the floor so it's hard to know if Szaganski will perform like he does on the floor. I've gone with the following :

2pts Veenstra to beat M.Smith 9/4 Paddypower
2pts Huybrechts to beat Schindler 5/4 Paddypower
2.75pts Wattimena to beat DVD 8/11 Paddypower
------------------------------------
1pt 12 100+ checkouts and 42+ 180s in the afternoon sesh 20/1 Paddypower

3 minutes ago, daveg said:

Nice one - was that just in the ITV4 games, or across both boards?

I’m glad you asked…

so other bookies normally state it’s for main stage only but I noticed on the paddy one it just said afternoon session 

I hoped that because it wasn’t stated that it would be a winner on all matches. I’ve been settled as a winner so result! 

19 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

I managed to get a net profit of exactly ZERO with my four picks, and I'm even very lucky with that... the classic mistake: I should have gone with only one pick, THE strongest hunch.

All three of the losses were pretty pathetic performances... I mean, a 68 (!) average (Kist) at this level?!?

yeah, some of these guys just fall to mush when the cameras come out. Bit odd though because he's been there with the BDO. I didn't think he'd beat Pie today but 68 has to be some kind of low record. Jim should have done better too. The dumb ass missed a single for double to go 4-4

13 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

In the evening I like once again the first match, Doets as a 2,37 underdog again De Sousa. I think that in a first round short match, it should be closer to evens.

Yeah, Doets has a chance. Campbell beats Slevin for me at 8/11 also.

I've gone with a Veenstra, Campbell and Wattimena 8/1 PP

10 hours ago, Fader said:

always a lot different on the big stage to the floor so it's hard to know if Szaganski will perform like he does on the floor. I've gone with the following :

2pts Veenstra to beat M.Smith 9/4 Paddypower
2pts Huybrechts to beat Schindler 5/4 Paddypower
2.75pts Wattimena to beat DVD 8/11 Paddypower
------------------------------------
1pt 12 100+ checkouts and 42+ 180s in the afternoon sesh 20/1 Paddypower

3 hours ago, Fader said:

Yeah, Doets has a chance. Campbell beats Slevin for me at 8/11 also.

I've gone with a Veenstra, Campbell and Wattimena 8/1 PP

not bad 

8/1, 20/1, 9/4, 5/4 and 8/11 winners.

3 hours ago, ThunderDan9 said:

In the evening I like once again the first match, Doets as a 2,37 underdog again De Sousa. I think that in a first round short match, it should be closer to evens.

well done on Doets mate. De Sousa is really poor nowadays isn't he?

9 minutes ago, Fader said:

wattimena letting my accy down. Do you think he'll be hitting 117 average against Joyce tonight? watch him hit an 85 average now that this bet is lost and him being my only outright pick. Carnage on day 2.

Ok, LOL... this is ridiculous... Veenstra back to 5-5, has a big lead in the final leg - then Wattimena makes the 164 (!!!) checkout... wow.

5 hours ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Yes, Clayton and Cullen look too short, as does Cross to me as well.

And of course all three of these dogs win - while I put the +2,5 Woodhouse and +2,5 Zonneveld in a silly accy which lost on Kuivenhoven. 😀

Edited by ThunderDan9