Racing Chat - Friday 17th November

Cheltenham 1.45
Eleven line up for this two mile handicap chase which has an open look about it. Joe Tizzard’s Triple Trade ran well at the last meeting here when finishing runner up to the Irish winner Dancing On My Own with Guy 4L back in fifth. He can confirm that form and give Joe Tizzard another winner. He’s struck with six of his last 17 runners at the time of writing. A one pound rise is unlikely to bother him here and he may have most too fear from the Skelton runner Calico.

TRIPLE TRADE 1 point each way @ 5/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Cheltenham 2.20
Just the four line up here for this two mile Grade 2 Novices’ Chase. The favourite JPR One looks bad value at around the 6/4 mark and I’m happy to take him on with Homme Public. Trained by the very much in form Oliver Greenall and Josh Guerriero he made a winning chasing debut in a handicap at Wetherby last month, jumping particularly well and looks the value bet here under Henry Brooke.

HOMME PUBLIC 1 point win @ 5/1 BetVictor

Cheltenham 2.55
A field of thirteen for this Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase. It maybe fought out by the top two in the Gordon Elliott trained pair of Delta Work and Galvin. At level weights there was 2 1/2L in favour of Delta Work at the Festival and although he is actually a pound better may have to play second fiddle to his stable companion Galvin who has such a great record fresh and can give Elliott a one two.

GALVIN 1 point win @ 7/2 William Hill

Cheltenham 3.30
It’s hard to look beyond favourite Captain Teague who can carry a 5lb penalty and beat his seven rivals in this 2M 5F Grade 2 Novices’ Hurdle. A smart bumper horse last season who did best of the English contingent in the Cheltenham bumper in finishing third, he made a winning debut in the Grade 2 Persian War Novices’ Hurdle last month and his trainer Paul Nicholls thinks the world of him. He’ll be very to beat.

CAPTAIN TEAGUE 3 points win @ 4/6 William Hill

6 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Belgoprince                                             4 05 Chlt/                          1/40th of a pt ew     18/1

Love this one as well and beginning to 'blue up'. Can see this becoming a bit of a punt tbh. Very favourable handicap mark over hurdles compared to his flat mark and we know what Tony Martin is capable of.

53 minutes ago, The Brigadier said:

Love this one as well and beginning to 'blue up'. Can see this becoming a bit of a punt tbh. Very favourable handicap mark over hurdles compared to his flat mark and we know what Tony Martin is capable of.

👍     I've  been on many a session with him 'crazy guy'  different enough to be intresting 😀      i love him

340 newc 

Bergerac. 8.6 9/2 

Brooklyn nine nine.  8.0 4/1 

Strong Johnson.  7.7 9/1 

Bergerac looks a strong rated horse here ....but Brooklyn might be capable of better now he comes to all weather ....I'll try 5pt wins top 2 as they look quite strong together to take on the field 

0.3 e/w Lucky 15  Bet365 BOG 9pts invested

American Sniper @ 14/1- won  16/1
Cheltenham 13:10 - Winner
5 - 1/ 5

Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Gold Des Bois @ 12/1-lost
Cheltenham 13:45 - Winner
4 - 1/ 5
Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Belgoprince @ 6/1- lost
Cheltenham 16:05 - Winner
5 - 1/ 5

Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Francky Du Berlais @ 14/1-placed
Cheltenham 14:55 - Winner

Return 17.09pts
Edited by Tedthewolf

Hi all, off to a ok start with our Daily Nap in Cheltenham opener Pinnacle Peak @ 12/1 EW  4th............

2nd race backed @The Brigadier tip of Triple Trade @ 7/2   WON              Calico 6/1

Don 2.10    Abaya du Mathan  6/1 EW   2nd

3rd race  jpr One @ 6/4         

Don 2.25      East End Girl   5/2             Luna Dora   7/2

4th race    Delta Work  4/1                   Back on the Lash  5/1     

Don 3.20     Gaboriot  5/2    WON                 Brave Starlight  9/1 EW   

5th race      Captain Teague / Kinbara      R/fc       

Don 3.53     Zwiky   3/1           Immortal Flame  6/1  EW     WON    

6th race       Caithness  5/1                 Brooke Bay  10/1  EW                Macs Xpress   40/1 EW               5 places   betfair   

3 WINS 🏆 🏆 🏆 and 2 EW  places sooo made small profit........would have been very nice profit if just had backed @The Brigadier & @richard-westwood   this afternoon.....hey ho, so well done to those 2 gentleman, maybe tomorrow 🤞

Edited by Brahmin

A few of interest that I have had 'small' bets on at Newcastle.

3.40 Newc - Ramon Di Loria - 14/1 EW ( 1/5th 4 places with 365) - A CD winner that I have tracked after attracting support LTO.

5.20 Newc - Mulciber - 10/3 - Marco Botti sends just this 1 up to Newcastle, and Marco Ghiani goes for just the 1 ride. Botti is in good form with 6 winners from his last 15 runners.

5.52 Newc - Horse Whisperer - 6/1 EW (1/5th 4 places with 365) - Only runner for trainer Chris Dwyer who is 4 from 11 at the course in last 5 seasons ( Also 1 winner from 6 in last 2 weeks).

19 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

340 newc 

Bergerac. 8.6 9/2 

Brooklyn nine nine.  8.0 4/1 

Strong Johnson.  7.7 9/1 

Bergerac looks a strong rated horse here ....but Brooklyn might be capable of better now he comes to all weather ....I'll try 5pt wins top 2 as they look quite strong together to take on the field 

Bergerac wins ...+17.50

Good to see everyone in the cash.

I’ve been stuck up a ladder all afternoon and that is no place for a gardener!!

dundalk 1845

lots in with chances here but my draw data horse is the ex clive Cox runner.

Mille Miglia

each way

lokks very well treated and has three class five runs for a very good English trainer and has been acclimatised in Ireland with several hurdle runs. It’s hard to say when these runners are ready but plenty  of factors to give this one a chance.

4 hours ago, Bang on said:

A few of interest that I have had 'small' bets on at Newcastle.

3.40 Newc - Ramon Di Loria - 14/1 EW ( 1/5th 4 places with 365) - A CD winner that I have tracked after attracting support LTO.

5.20 Newc - Mulciber - 10/3 - Marco Botti sends just this 1 up to Newcastle, and Marco Ghiani goes for just the 1 ride. Botti is in good form with 6 winners from his last 15 runners.

5.52 Newc - Horse Whisperer - 6/1 EW (1/5th 4 places with 365) - Only runner for trainer Chris Dwyer who is 4 from 11 at the course in last 5 seasons ( Also 1 winner from 6 in last 2 weeks).

Ramon - Lost

Mulciber - WON

Horse - Lost

On 11/17/2023 at 8:20 AM, Tedthewolf said:

0.3 e/w Lucky 15  Bet365 BOG 9pts invested

American Sniper @ 14/1- won  16/1
Cheltenham 13:10 - Winner
5 - 1/ 5

Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Gold Des Bois @ 12/1-lost
Cheltenham 13:45 - Winner
4 - 1/ 5
Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Belgoprince @ 6/1- lost
Cheltenham 16:05 - Winner
5 - 1/ 5

Returns £0.00

delete@1x.png

Francky Du Berlais @ 14/1-placed
Cheltenham 14:55 - Winner

Return 17.09pts

well done with the  "sniper ted" i followed you in and had a cockel on him { i had put him up last time he ran and would have missed him had i not spoted it on you post}

owe you one pal 👍

13 minutes ago, black rabbit said:

well done with the  "sniper ted" i followed you in and had a cockel on him { i had put him up last time he ran and would have missed him had i not spoted it on you post}

owe you one pal 👍

Ha Ha i backed pipes both pipes in that race. 

Was gutted when  Belgoprince all but fell at the last had it  e/w at 14's. Was going to get placed at least!