Racing chat -weds 9th Aug

Just had time to rate this race for tomorrow (weds)

520 pont 

International girl   8.2  32 95 92 

Ghafanthar    8.1  31 31 55 

Harry's halo   7.7  22 34  34 

Very Interesting race .....as yiu can see international girl has poor form figures but has been running well in much much  better class than this giving a high class rating both last 2 runs ....danger could be ģhafanthar ....Will be very interesting to see how international girl reacts to this big drop in class according to ratings .....I'm holding back on odds as only 1 bookie priced race .....I'm looking at 9/2 and 15/2 top 2 but I'm hoping I can beat that later on betfair maybe so I'll edit price once they are fully online ....

Edited by richard-westwood

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

520 pont 

Very Interesting race .....as yiu can see international girl has poor form figures but has been running well in much much  better class than this giving a high class rating both last 2 runs ....danger could be ģhafanthar ....Will be very interesting to see how international girl reacts to this big drop in class according to ratings .....I'm holding back on odds as only 1 bookie priced race .....I'm looking at 9/2 and 15/2 top 2 but I'm hoping I can beat that later on betfair maybe so I'll edit price once they are fully online ....

Took the 9/2 and 15/2 ....10 pt win international ...5pt win ghafanthar 

20 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

520 pont 

A very interesting race Richard, 8 of the 10 runners have won over CD which is very unusual. I wouldn't normally go against your ratings as they seem to be a good guide, however, I have been tracking Corinthia Knight who is falling down the handicap. His last 5 wins have been over CD including at this time last year from 15lbs higher. Although most of his wins have been on Gd/Fm, he has won over CD on soft 2 years ago from 25lbs higher. He really should be winning soon, and at 5/1 seems a fair price. A very tricky race, but I've backed Corinthia Knight.

2 hours ago, Bang on said:

A very interesting race Richard, 8 of the 10 runners have won over CD which is very unusual. I wouldn't normally go against your ratings as they seem to be a good guide, however, I have been tracking Corinthia Knight who is falling down the handicap. His last 5 wins have been over CD including at this time last year from 15lbs higher. Although most of his wins have been on Gd/Fm, he has won over CD on soft 2 years ago from 25lbs higher. He really should be winning soon, and at 5/1 seems a fair price. A very tricky race, but I've backed Corinthia Knight.

I think that's the danger ...seems very popular ....it is,a fairly open race ....but same applies to international girl ....down in weights and I think is now down to last winning mark ......I'm more interested to see how class ratings perform tbh ....makes it doubly interesting for me.....but its a good open race so good luck everyone who plays 

Brighton

3pm

cinque verde

faustas

Both win

they have got two chances

ive done this race based on the winning draw data averaging the “total”stalls over the last two runnings. Where there is an anomaly in the result (as in two years ago )making the division inconclusive I add another “feature”.

it is a crucial factor and it has worked before,

sometimes it works, other times…….

fwiw the figure I came up with was 4:49 not based on form at all and there are stronger candidates on the card. But I’ve gone with the draw data.

cinque verde has first run today for a new yard. He won two runs ago and saw out the penalty when last of six on penultimate ride. Trainer “offered no reason” for poor run, but could have said this is his last run for us and we are getting his mark down for his next run.

Edited by Sporting Sam

59 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

Brighton

3pm

cinque verde

faustas

Both win

they have got two chances

ive done this race based on the winning draw data averaging the “total”stalls over the last two runnings. Where there is an anomaly in the result (as in two years ago )making the division inconclusive I add another “feature”.

it is a crucial factor and it has worked before,

sometimes it works, other times…….

fwiw the figure I came up with was 4:49 not based on form at all and there are stronger candidates on the card. But I’ve gone with the draw data.

cinque verde has first run today for a new yard. He won two runs ago and saw out the penalty when last of six on penultimate ride. Trainer “offered no reason” for poor run, but could have said this is his last run for us and we are getting his mark down for his next run.

Never looked in doubt! Got some 10/1 cheers Sporting Sam :notworthy

All E/W

Pontefract 

4.50 NewYorkstateofmind 10/1

5.20 Hougumount 10/1

Bath

2.40 The Cola Kid 7/1

3.10 Hoornblower 8/1

3.40 Equiart  11/1

4.10 Pepsiwithacap 12/1

4.40 Eye of the water 6/1

Brighton

3.00  Fautus 8/1

4.00 Naadya 6/1

4.30 Darvel  10/1

5.00 Arlo's Sunshine 6/1

5.30 Optiva Star 3/1

Sligo

5.05 No Trouble 10/1

5.40 Buzzen 33/1

6.10  Coill Na Sionainne 8/1

7.10 Rock and roll kid 16/1

7.40 She's Local 4/1

8.10 Riyami 16/1

Brighton

4:30

Darvell

each  way

dropped to winning mark. In truth there are lots of winners in this field. My selection hits the draw data button three times average of the last two years winner and average of the last two years collective stalls and average of those combined and divided as well!!

won recently and Kevin stott rides if he keeps it simple decent chance.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Sligo 

5:40 running late due to delays….

spinning web

win

Breakthrough win last time and last time out winners who’ve been waited with often have a little in hand… seamie Heffernan rides from stall 1.

believe me now

each way

Edited by Sporting Sam