Racing Chat - Wednesday August 2nd

😱  sooooo annoying when you get a text from a friend who sticks £5 EW on Magical Sunset at last minute @ 18/1 after seeing Meg on tv says has a chance and then WINS !..............so first 2 winners are 25/1 & 18/1, might just bang £5 on few big prices for rest of day! 😎

Edited by Brahmin

17 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:
Lucky 15  (x30) 

Internationalangel 20/1
PAYING 4 PLACES INSTEAD OF 3
Win or Each Way / 14:25 Goodwood
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3-4

EXTRA PLACE
BEST ODDS GUARANTEED

Isla Kai 14/1
PAYING 5 PLACES INSTEAD OF 4
Win or Each Way / 17:20 Goodwood
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3-4-5

EXTRA PLACE
BEST ODDS GUARANTEED

Highwaygrey 6/1

Win or Each Way / 15:45 Redcar
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3

BEST ODDS GUARANTEED

Gabbys Cross 16/1
PAYING 5 PLACES INSTEAD OF 4
Win or Each Way / 18:40 Galway
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3-4-5

EXTRA PLACE
BEST ODDS GUARANTEED

0.1pts e/w L15 bog coral = 3pts invested

Not sure if this was supposed to be in the L15 comp thread?

(Silly question; 2 of them not at Goodwood!) :$

Edited by harry_rag
Realised my error.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, richard-westwood said:

520 good 

Rhoscolyn  8.8  81 80 36  5.6 betf

Darkness   8.6   67  68  58    10.5 betfair

Classic   8.4 62 44 44 

My idea of the winner is Rhoscolyn ....his class fig dropped lto but that was heavy ground so we'll say that was a blip ...other than that he looks,a class above these....danger looks darkness who has performed well in this class previously and conditions  look suitable ....let's trust ratings and go for it 

*edit ...I don't think he'd want ground heavy .....go sft maybe soft woukd be OK....

Rhoscolyn 13.04 win 

Darkness  6.96 win 

20pt outlay  56.00 profit any winner 🏆 

Perfect example of ratings and class working hand in hand ...hopefully will throw up a few more winners in the future .....put the non runner stake on Rhoscolyn so returns 99.12 +79.12 ...that covers recent losses and a nice chunk profit .....onwards and upwards 

22 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Chindit     { N/R }                                                    3 35 Gwd/              1/40th of a pt win   60/1

Magical Sunset                                        2 25 Gwd/              1/40th of a pt ew    28/1         -   WON

Rousay                                                      4 45 Gwd/              1/40th of a pt ew    40/1

Dapperling                                               4 10 Gwd/              1/40th of a pt ew    14/1

En Or                                                         6 10 Gal/                1/40 th of a pt ew   18/1

Young Lucy                                               5 40 Gal/                1/40th of a pt ew    50/1

Gabby's Cross                                          6 40 Gal/                1/40th of a pt ew    20/1

P/L  +165.70pt

magical sunset delivers at my type of price 😀

21 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Galway Plate Chase 

Easy Game 9.32 18/1

Fury Road 8.97 12/1

The Goffer 8.91 14/1

Kilcruit 8.9 13/2

A Wave Of The Sea 8.76 40/1

Super competitive race 22 runners.  This race is usually won by unexposed novice types carrying less than 11 stone but the last two renewals of been won by classy types Hewick last year and Royal Rendezvous the year before carrying big weights . Hewick returns along with some other big names. Hewick scores low on going and his current mark hence why not in the picture for me but he’s a real class act.   I hope conditions don’t get too testing for Easy Game although he has won on soft ground before but wouldn’t want it too bad. Finished second in this race two years ago and 10th last year off a pound higher but was hampered twice which killed momentum near the end. 11,4 isn’t the end of the world because he’s has lots of class about him . 

I’ll be brave and go 5 points on the nose 

Way back last of the finishing horses . Wave Of The Sea the only one in my top 5 to finish in top 5 

P/L jump season start date 8th October 2022 +70.19