Racing Chat - Thursday 6th July

43 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Shsshh you may be building some PL members hope up

No one would bear you that much ill will even if they occasionally think “Ono” when they read your latest change in strategy! :)

Puts me in mind of the Half Man Half Biscuit lyric; “I’m off to see the Bootleg Beatles, as the bootleg Mark Chapman”.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

Well you certainly won’t be the only one! Leaving aside the fact that I think you’re conflating AI with the processing power that computers already possess anyway I suspect that by the time what you want exists and is available to you then everyone will have it and it will be of minimal intrinsic value. You can bet (unintentional irony) that the bookmaking industry, professional punters and the “trade press” will have sucked all the marrow out of it by then.

One of the first uses you could see (given the fuss about it being used by students to write essays) is it being used to write previews with tips for the day’s racing, i.e. you could see copy that is generated without the need for a journalist. For now the tips would be no better than any existing predictive program that someone might have built. You’ll just be left wondering whether the tips have been written by a real journalist or Mr AI Addio!

The notion that you are likely to gain a material edge in your betting from anything AI related strikes me as unlikely. But we could all probably use it to impersonate ourselves on here, write all our posts and responses. We’ll have to start questioning whether we’re interacting with real members or an AI chatbot. The question “is he real or what” will take on a whole new resonance!

We have had this conversation before.

Well fools assume nothing but the first thing that pops in their heads they don't think any deeper than a gnats arse hole. One of 2 things will inevitably happen if AI is successful. The bookies will also use AI, in fact AI will be the bookie but they wont be offering any markets where predictions are possible as in racing, it will be just lotteries or randoms like football etc. and you can bet that gnats arse the they will compress the returns down to pennies and have limits/restrictions like we have never seen before. People who suggest that no one will bet then just need to look at the machines that are still in bookies shops still being played even though the government have made it impossible to win on them though restricting max stakes per spin to 2 foocking quid. Loved those roulette machines and have had some cracking wins over the years but i have not touched one since the government made it impossible for joe punter to have a "cracking win" now and again.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I have posted up a 2 points L15 and an ew Acca in the daily 15 for 2 points.

5.50 Km The Ferret 0.50 ew at 22/1 3p

4.10 Hayd Significantly 6 points win at 3.8 (can get 4.50 now but bookies best price is still 9/4) and 4 points win at 10.0 = 10 points @richard-westwood'split is roughly 60/40 on both selections

Total points = 13 today

RESULTS UPDATE

No luck with the L15 or my each way bet.  Richard's selection won so a net profit of on the day 9.46.  Makes my MTD +8.45 and YTD of 26.99

The official profit from @richard-westwood's bet is 12.46, thanks to him for that.  In reality, I had a bit more on his selection as it drifted from my 11/4 price to 4/1.  This profit doesn't count here.  The new betting bank balance is 212.46 which makes the next bet at times 0.05 = 10.62 points.  I will actually place 11 points on his next published race.  I am hoping to grow the balance considerably by the end of the year

Edited by The Equaliser